Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 04:25 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,482,104 times

Advertisements

If you don't mind renting a room, you might even be able to afford $1000/mo in Newport Beach.. the commute won't be too fun but if you enjoy being near the beach ,it's an option. Otherwise, stick to the areas along the 91 corridor (i.e. Anaheim Hills, Fullerton, Buena Park, La Palma, Cerritos, etc.) and you should be able to find a room for under $1000/mo.. maybe even a studio if you're lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 04:43 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Because they want to live in a nice, clean, safe city like Irvine rather than some ghetto in Anaheim? Use your brain.
First off, Irvine isn't South OC. Secondly the fact you think there are ZERO nice, clean, safe cities other than Irvine near Anaheim is laughable. Finally let's look at the OP's post real quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb02202 View Post
I would be working Mon-Fri 8:30-5 and I don't want to spend hours in traffic each week.
And you recommend South OC cities. Moderator cut: see note

Last edited by Count David; 01-21-2015 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: no need to be so mean

Old 01-20-2015, 05:05 PM

109 posts, read 141,680 times
Try Cypress.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:39 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
First off, Irvine isn't South OC. Secondly the fact you think there are ZERO nice, clean, safe cities other than Irvine near Anaheim is laughable. Finally let's look at the OP's post real quick.

Moderator cut: see note
Never said it was south OC. I said "south OC OR at least costa mesa, tustin or irvine. Try reading next time Many people live in south OC or cities mentioned above and work in north OC. Traffic is a given and its the sacrifice they make.

Last edited by Count David; 01-21-2015 at 01:11 AM..

Old 01-21-2015, 09:48 PM

22 posts, read 38,102 times
La Mirada is another relatively nice area. Without traffic, Disneyland is like 15 minutes away.

There really is no avoiding traffic (those small windows of opportunity seem to get smaller and smaller). Of course, the best you can do is to try to live as close as you can to your job.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,074 times
Fullerton is right next to Anaheim and it's nice when you get up into the hills. About a 15 minute drive from disneyland. Then Cypress is very safe and about 20 minutes away. Both of these commutes would be considerably shorter than irvine. I live in Anaheim and used to work in irvine and it was a nightmare of a 45 minute to an hour commute in traffic. Irvine is safe but I personally find it flavorless and sterile. I now work in Fullerton and only drive 15 mins to work. I think you could easily rent a room for under 1,000 in even the nice cities in Orange County. Renting a room in Anaheim Hills is also worth considering. Anaheim Hills is much safer and more upscale than other areas in Anaheim. Good luck.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:48 AM

93 posts, read 154,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb02202 View Post
I want to stay under 1000 a month and I've seen some properties in Irvine that would be about that with a roommate. I would ideally like to spend about 700 for rent but I'm willing to pay more for safety/security.
Work in Anaheim, live in Anaheim; you can't find a better deal than that. Geez, people like to over exaggerate the problems in Anaheim and act like it is a war zone in Anaheim or something. If you want to "keep up" with some people, then go ahead and have an Irvine address. However, expect to spend one hour each way going to work from Anaheim and expect to spend $1k/month to rent a master bedroom in Irvine.

There are non-section8/Hud apartment complexes in Garden Grove for $1k/month or below but your standard is Irvine or similar to it, so I'm sure you are not interested in those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County