Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 12:58 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,654,340 times

Advertisements

Did any of you vote for Loretta Sanchez? One would think that her highly offensive mockery of Native Americans would discount her from any political office.

Actually, I know why Sanchez made it to November -- I'm not going to say it because it's not the appropriate forum. But it's still remarkable altogether...Idiocracy IRL...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO8lRBAKBS0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 09:55 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,137,281 times
Well, I dare not get into the reasons for Sanchez managing to hang on. I will note that whatever many think of her, she is moderate and also much more a Southern Californian "Bhumiputera" than that other candidate from whom many Southern Californians will feel distance. I do. But Sanchez, a Dem, may need Republican support to stand a chance, which the OCRegister noted.

Enough with this hypersensitivity over a relatively minor faux pas regarding the native thing.

Sanchez' chances are slim unless her name works magic...again.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 06-09-2016 at 11:20 AM..

Old 06-09-2016, 11:28 AM

Well, she says she's a moderate...

Old 06-09-2016, 12:39 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,654,340 times
Why was this thread moved to the OC forum? Sanchez is running to be a U.S. Senator from CA.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:49 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,778,724 times
I voted for her (her first time up) and I normally vote Republican. She came to or hose, said she was running and asked what she could do for us when she got to Washington. She listened to our concerns and issues, told us where she agreed or disagreed and why and said she hoped we would vote for her. We put up a yard sign for her, gave her money, got others to vote for her. Then she got to DC and turned out to be just another party hack (and apparently a drunk to boot). Big disappointment. I want my $50 back. With interest, that should be about $300 by now. She can easily afford it as Washington has made her rich.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:58 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,593,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Well, I dare not get into the reasons for Sanchez managing to hang on. I will note that whatever many think of her, she is moderate and also much more a Southern Californian "Bhumiputera" than that other candidate from whom many Southern Californians will feel distance. I do. But Sanchez, a Dem, may need Republican support to stand a chance, which the OCRegister noted.

Enough with this hypersensitivity over a relatively minor faux pas regarding the native thing.

Sanchez' chances are slim unless her name works magic...again.
I had to look up "Bhumiputera" - a word that I hadn't heard before and didn't know the meaning of. ("Putero", OTOH, I definitely know the meaning of...)

Old 06-10-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I had to look up "Bhumiputera" - a word that I hadn't heard before and didn't know the meaning of. ("Putero", OTOH, I definitely know the meaning of...)
I am not touching putero.

Bhumiputera is the root of 'Bhumibutra' and 'Bhumiputra', which are terms used in a good section of S.E Asia to favor the indigenous versus the aliens (usually Chinese, but also Indians). Nativism

Old 06-10-2016, 07:56 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,394,193 times
I am not surprised. Looking at the field of candidates it was certain to be Harris and Sanchez. Most of the other candidates were very old, or weird, or unknown, or some combination of these.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I am not touching putero.

Bhumiputera is the root of 'Bhumibutra' and 'Bhumiputra', which are terms used in a good section of S.E Asia to favor the indigenous versus the aliens (usually Chinese, but also Indians). Nativism
Being Californian of course I thought it was from Spanish not Malay - I just didn't know what "Bhumi" was. I figured it wasn't very nice

Old 06-10-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
I am not surprised. Looking at the field of candidates it was certain to be Harris and Sanchez. Most of the other candidates were very old, or weird, or unknown, or some combination of these.
Most candidates running for an office since the recall election, probably, although there wasn't as much overt freakiness as the recall election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
View detailed profiles of: