Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2017, 10:56 AM

9 posts, read 12,242 times

Advertisements

Happy Sunday all,

My husband and I are moving to Southern-Cal area from the Bay area and looking for middle upper-class neighborhoods to move into.

My husband will be working in Long Beach and I need access to a major airport for my job. We both love the outdoors and I need a safe location for my morning run.

We decided that Orange County maybe a good option for us and reasonable commute for him and has John wayne airport which is great for me.

We both like Huntington Beach near beach, Newport Beach of course (if we can afford it) and while driving we toured many new townhomes communities in Costa Mesa.

We are looking into purchasing a home and our budget is maxed at $850k.

Would any of you give some insight on these new townhomes communities in Costa Mesa. We looked at the The Boatyardby Melia Homes and Lighthouse by Taylor Morrison.

We prefer the Lighthouse community but not sure about the location, its surrounded by commercial and business offices but within close proximity of Hoag hospital and Newport Beach.

Also, any insight on similar areas to (Newport Beach or Huntington) in the LA market and north of Long Beach?

I appreciate your contribution.

Amy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 09:30 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Rent for a year before you go buying. Fountain Valley imo is better than Costa Mesa closer to LB and it's about 15 minutes from JWA. A lot safer too. Not that CM is that unsafe but I have noticed a ton more vagrants/homeless around Harbor at the Triangle Square area. It's getting really dumpy in the neighborhoods behind there.

Cerritos Los Al Seal Beach are all close to LB and LB airport

Old 02-13-2017, 12:30 PM

209 posts, read 263,947 times
I personally wouldn't buy in Costa Mesa either. It's kind of the ghetto of beach communities. A lot of spill over from Santa Ana move down into Costa Mesa, as well as many people in their 20's who want to live by the beach but can't afford a million dollar house. There's a lot of renting of property in Costa Mesa, and it's notorious for all of the sober living establishments that pop up out of nowhere in neighborhoods. You can Google that and see for yourself. The only bright side are the homes on the east side of the 55 fwy.

Working in Long Beach and in need of an airport, why don't you just live in Long Beach, Sunset Beach or Seal Beach? Or you could go up the freeway a bit to Hermosa, Redondo, Manhattan Beach. You can get to LAX fairly quickly from any of those cities, and there's always Long Beach Airport that offers flights to major local cites like the bay area and Las Vegas.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:51 AM

111 posts, read 159,020 times
20s, someone suggested above, for Costa Mesa being ghetto like and full of meth. Absolutely. I'm young, 30+ and would never hang out in Costa Mesa, Santa Anna, or the so called south coast metro, and I also don't like the meth moving into parts of Huntington. If you rent for one year, you could try renting in Newport Beach or Irvine as they keep the meth and male transients under control, usually. There are places in both cities for under $2000 a month. Costa Mesa has some nice furniture stores, including IKEA, across the freeway from their homeless encampments. And, they have a super target to enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County