Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 02:02 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blam View Post
Affects hardworking middle to upper middle class married dual income couples. Must have been a lot of them in OC thats why no republican will represent it anymore. Same thing in New England.
Actually not true. My husband looked it up, the Republicans didn’t turn out in midterm elections, the Democrats did.

New England has been blue for eons. I remover telling one of my boss I was a Republican and he looked st me as ifI was a Unicorn. That was back in ear 80s.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:04 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
True. I meant the people who are buying all the $2 million dollar homes in SillyCon Valley who now can't offload their huge property tax bills onto the Feds anymore.
I don't think Silicon Valley is going to be as effected as people who work in non tech industries who bought homes within the last ten years.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:08 PM

167 posts, read 195,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Actually not true. My husband looked it up, the Republicans didn’t turn out in midterm elections, the Democrats did.
What does that even mean that they didn't turn out? Mimi had more republican votes this year than 2016 and much more than 2014.

And what is not true? Its not true that people in OC pay a lot in state income tax and property tax because of their relatively high paying jobs and high value homes? Is it not true that they would propably like to deduct those from the fed taxes? Is it not true that trump double screwed married couples because the SALT limit is the same for them as for single people?

Old 11-18-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blam View Post
What does that even mean that they didn't turn out? Mimi had more republican votes this year than 2016 and much more than 2014.

And what is not true? Its not true that people in OC pay a lot in state income tax and property tax because of their relatively high paying jobs and high value homes? Is it not true that they would propably like to deduct those from the fed taxes? Is it not true that trump double screwed married couples because the SALT limit is the same for them as for single people?
More Democrats turned out then Republicans.

They like to deduct property tax but they also don’t have to pay AMT if they have high paying jobs. AMT tax rate is like 26% and 28% before the tax cut. It’s the total picture, not just property tax. I have high property tax because I bought recently, if I didn’t and stayed in the Bay Area, I actually fared better.

Old 11-19-2018, 12:59 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:

They like to deduct property tax but they also don’t have to pay AMT if they have high paying jobs. AMT tax rate is like 26% and 28% before the tax cut. It’s the total picture, not just property tax. I have high property tax because I bought recently, if I didn’t and stayed in the Bay Area, I actually fared better.
Yes, in total unless you make a LOT, your overall Fed Taxes dropped.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:02 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Do you have a link to data to support this statement? I can't find anything stating this.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Do you have a link to data to support this statement? I can't find anything stating this.
My husband looked it up, he said there were twice Democrats than normal for midterm. It used to be 58,000 and this time it was more than 100,000. No link, just going by what he remembers reading.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:46 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,464,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
They created the "Trump wing" though....years and years of globalism and destruction of the American working class by GOP elites in the Bush/Romney wing is what caused the "Trump wing" to form.

The "Trump wing" is basically economically disaffected people who hate globalism and who hate the diversity of the Democratic Party too much to vote Democratic.

If the Democratic Party didn't have Hispanics, blacks, feminists, LGBT people or environmentalists, the "Trump Wing" would happily be Bernie Sanders Democrats. Every. Single. Last. One!!!!

It's sad that they've let their hatred of diversity cloud their politics and prop up their radicalism. Together, we could have fought the elite Bush/Romney wing of the GOP and life would be better for them too.
I live in Socal and voted for Trump because of mass immigration, globalization, and opposition to political correctness but I am economically center left, pro environment, and ambivalent about abortion and gay marriage. This political demographic is the key for Republicans to become viable in CA.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:22 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,359,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
I live in Socal and voted for Trump because of mass immigration, globalization, and opposition to political correctness but I am economically center left, pro environment, and ambivalent about abortion and gay marriage. This political demographic is the key for Republicans to become viable in CA.

Where did racism, Islamophobia, xenophobia and fear-mongering fit into your decision-making process? The "opposition to political correctness" ?

Old 12-04-2018, 10:28 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
Where did racism, Islamophobia, xenophobia and fear-mongering fit into your decision-making process? The "opposition to political correctness" ?
You hit the nail on the head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County