Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 02:58 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,953,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I think it’s just reaching a plateau. Riverside/Chino area is booming. My neighbor just put his place up and it went pending in three days
Wow, real estate is truly hyperlocal. I'm guessing that the houses are selling faster in Inland Empire due to lower entry point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 09:46 AM

1,221 posts, read 1,046,669 times
I'm not an owner so take it FWIW, but the market does seem to have slowed down in my area (north OC). I'm guessing the higher rates (almost 5%) from late 2018 put a damper on things. Now that mortgage rates are sub-4% again, I wouldn't be surprised if sales start picking up soon.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:11 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Wow, real estate is truly hyperlocal. I'm guessing that the houses are selling faster in Inland Empire due to lower entry point.
It’s gone up here tremendously. I bought three years ago. I could sell right now easily for 675/725k.. I bought at 525k. Granted I just remodeled the kitchen, yard etc but even if I didn’t I would still be able to sell for 650 with no remodels.

They are building a huge housing/shopping tract off of Eastvale. Lots of houses being built. Developers everywhere.

https://www.eastvaleca.gov/home/showdocument?id=4131

Old 08-21-2019, 10:08 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,746,637 times
Quote:
I came across the following article in the Register: https://www.ocregister.com/2019/08/1...iggest-losers/

I don't really like the gimmicky headlines of calling entire Counties/areas "Losers," however I do expect the torrid pace of price increases to eventually slow down, which may or may not be happening in Orange County.

I would like to get your opinions on where things are headed in OC, in particular, South OC/Beach Cities.

Planning a trip in the next few weeks and will be looking at condos.
How long do you plan to stay there? If your answer is at least 12-15 years, it doesn't matter.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishac View Post
I'm not an owner so take it FWIW, but the market does seem to have slowed down in my area (north OC). I'm guessing the higher rates (almost 5%) from late 2018 put a damper on things. Now that mortgage rates are sub-4% again, I wouldn't be surprised if sales start picking up soon.
All opinions are valued from my perspective, I am based in Boston so you would definitely know more about what is going on the ground level. Definitely appreciate it.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
It’s gone up here tremendously. I bought three years ago. I could sell right now easily for 675/725k.. I bought at 525k. Granted I just remodeled the kitchen, yard etc but even if I didn’t I would still be able to sell for 650 with no remodels.

They are building a huge housing/shopping tract off of Eastvale. Lots of houses being built. Developers everywhere.

https://www.eastvaleca.gov/home/showdocument?id=4131
That's amazing. Since I'm not local, I had written off IE when I was looking at CA. I was thinking of Coastal CA or else I am better off in Scottsdale, AZ. Perhaps I have been too hasty in the decision? I don't mean to turn this into a Scottsdale vs. IE discussion, but it seems like the entry point/value for the money (for a condo/townhouse) is better in Scottsdale yet appreciation seems to kicking up in Inland Empire.

I recently went through a liquidity event and would like to split time between New England and ideally coastal CA or Scottsdale (in the winters) while I set up my next business.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:58 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
Quote:
All opinions are valued from my perspective, I am based in Boston so you would definitely know more about what is going on the ground level. Definitely appreciate it.

I live in South County, and have noticed that homes are staying on the market a bit longer. The market here is cyclical with an overall upward trajectory. So, I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you and decided to buy and stay for the long-term.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
How long do you plan to stay there? If your answer is at least 12-15 years, it doesn't matter.
It would be hard to say as this would be a second home. While I have visited Orange County numerous times, I have never lived there, the lifestyle seems to be great but I am always on "vacation mode" which is very different than being a resident, even if it's a part time resident in my case.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
I live in South County, and have noticed that homes are staying on the market a bit longer. The market here is cyclical with an overall upward trajectory. So, I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you and decided to buy and stay for the long-term.
Does the lack of market action apply for condos and townhomes? Or just SFRs.

I'm still sorting through the longer term plans.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:59 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Does the lack of market action apply for condos and townhomes? Or just SFRs.

I'm still sorting through the longer term plans.

I live in a condo in Orange (north oc). The 2 condos that went up for sale in the last month sold within a week. The price for the condos have been stagnant for the last year but they are still selling fast.

If I were you I'd buy in Scottsdale. It's a lot nicer then IE less smog, less traffic, less homeless, less crazy libs, There is a lot of people fed up with CA and heading out to surrounding states with AZ being one of the big ones. I can only see real estate prices going up there. Next year I'm cashing out on CA and moving to Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County