Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 09:38 AM

5 posts, read 22,892 times

Advertisements

House hunting in Garden Park/Seal Beach/Los Alamitos. So what's the real lowdown on noise from military jets taking off an landing/training? How often? Every day? Late at night? Nuisance? Would you notice if you haven't lived this close to an airfield before? The neighborhoods seem nice and prices don't see much affected by the proximity.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 02:08 AM

104 posts, read 446,853 times
I actually live in Cypress behind the navy golf course and once every week we hear these big jets and its actually quite nice seeing it, its worth the noise. Seal Beach, garden park and los al are all great neighborhoods!! you should try checking out the tempo neighborhoods in cypress as well!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:13 AM

5 posts, read 22,892 times
cool, so it isn't a constant sort of thing that keeps you up at night like living next to a regular airport?

i hear they do a mean July 4th fireworks show at the base...

the neighborhoods seem very nice, definitely intrigued.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:10 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,759,649 times
i live right next to the base in los al and you rarely hear much. fighter jets fly out a few times on the weekend and occassionally a big jet, but nothing much at night or even in the evening.

they have a great 4th of july show and they do some other shows/expositions onbase as well.

whenever the president comes to so cal they usually land here because its the most secluded runway that can handle commercial sized jumbo jets. seeing air force one and marine one is pretty cool

Old 05-12-2008, 03:35 PM

104 posts, read 446,853 times
yeah its not constant at all its pretty funny while walking your dog at the dog park in arbor park (Seal Beach, and then all of a sudden a huge jet comes by to scare my golden retriever!

Old 10-19-2008, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 7,603 times
Exclamation Base noise... from a soldier on-post

Hi there, I was paroozing around and stumbled across your thread. I work full time (Mon - Fri, and one weekend a month) with the California Army National Guard's 40th Infantry Division.

As far as base noise is concerned, most of the time all of the airfield activity is from helicopters. Every once in a while we'll have large aircraft (C-130's, C-17's, 737's) come in and even once in a greater while, Navy pilots will fly their F-18 jets in and have lunch here.

As far as night is concerned, we halt all airfield operations at 20:00 HRS (8:00 pm for you civilian types ). Only emergencies are authorized to use the airfield after that time.

Hope this info helps, happy house hunting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County