Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,891,070 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Santa Ana, and if I were to move back to Orange County, I would like look to buy a house in Santa Ana. It's a great and interesting city, not without its problems, but very much a good place to live. I love the houses in some of the older sections, the downtown area, cultural institutions (Bower's Museum, Prentice Park Zoo, etc.), and the central location. Santa Ana gets a bad reputation, but lots of people who take the time to check it out realize it's a lot of city for a decent price (by OC standards).

As for the Irvine gang issue, I don't know that there is too much there, but I will say that the one kid I knew growing up who got in some trouble with the police for gang/gang emulating activity was from a family that moved from Santa Ana to Irvine. The point is, it can happen anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,478 times
Default Santa Ana is not that bad!

I was born and raised in OC and lived in Santa for 20 yrs, grew up there, schooled there etc.. If you just mind your own business, dont eye **** people (stare at them) and give EVERYONE the same respect you would want for yourself, you should never have any real big problems there. I'm white, grew up in a 90% hispanic neighborhood, and really never had a big problem. Sure there were fist fights, etc, But I think that people from surrounding communitys really blow things WAY out of proportion. If you never lived there, then you dont know what you are talking about. Period.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,304 times
Any kids acting like gang members in irvine are nothing more than punks who think they live the 'thug' life even though they live in one of the safest places in the country. If you live in sunny California and think you are a thug, your not. Try going to real ghettos. Like towns in Djibouti Africa. Or Baghdad. If you think you have it bad because you live in southern California, then you truly are sheltered and pathetic. If you live in Cali and join a 'gang', your not hardcore, your just ****ing stupid.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,458 times
I grew up and live in Santa Ana, while there are many beautiful areas, they are the more expensive areas, so I hope your friends have some money. Even though Santa Ana is not Irvine it is still quite expensive because it is in the center of Orange County. If your friends are young they will will appreciate the new emphasis in Downtown as being "trendy". I would highly recommend the following areas: Floral Park, West Floral Park, Jack Fisher Park, Park Santiago, Washington Square. There may be more, but these are the neighborhoods I am most familiar with.
Please do not be worried about your friends. They will be fine in Santa Ana.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:36 AM

347 posts, read 666,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pay2Win View Post
Rofl. So many racists in this thread. The OC forum on CD in 2008 must have been white power 4 life.
Not only racist, but people whom never gone out of their orange county bubble.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:42 PM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolwhitedude View Post
I was born and raised in OC and lived in Santa for 20 yrs, grew up there, schooled there etc.. If you just mind your own business, dont eye **** people (stare at them) and give EVERYONE the same respect you would want for yourself, you should never have any real big problems there. I'm white, grew up in a 90% hispanic neighborhood, and really never had a big problem. Sure there were fist fights, etc, But I think that people from surrounding communitys really blow things WAY out of proportion. If you never lived there, then you dont know what you are talking about. Period.
What you left out and what many people seem afraid to mention is that Santa Ana has a HUGE illegal alien population. It's insulting to say Hispanic neighborhood without recognizing the distinction between Hispanic legal immigrants, Hispanic Americans and ILLEGAL ALIENS. They are NOT the same. Please don't lump them all together. Santa Ana caters to illegals more than any other city in Orange County and they flock there in massive numbers. This is why Santa Ana has more people per square mile than any other city in the U.S., and this is why Santa Ana has more problems than most other cities in Orange County. That's reality and a fact. It has nothing to do with racism.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:51 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,004,325 times
I think of Downtown Huntington Beach in the early 1990's. wasn't exactly the nicest area. Homes were very cheap, but there were a lot of problems with Gangs, skinheads, et al (we use to call them NVMs_ no visible means of support).

twenty years later, downtown HB is nice expensive homes (albeit a raucous main street). Most of the troublemakers were priced out and moved to places like Stanton or the inland empire.

I see the same dynamic happening in Santa Ana. Homes are still relatively affordable, but landlords will be very tempted to sell when SA becomes "hip"

Old 05-19-2016, 04:09 PM

11 posts, read 12,072 times
Eh it's not the best that the OC has to offer.....but as other posters have said, I could see it becoming ore desirable in the future

Old 05-25-2016, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,227 times
So I am on the verge of getting a job in Irvine and have been looking at Santa Ana because we can transfer our apartment lease. The apartment we can transfer to is on Fairview between Warner and Segerstrom. How is that area? Hope it is good, because I would be THRILLED to live so close to the Observatory.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:15 AM

347 posts, read 666,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDecker301 View Post
So I am on the verge of getting a job in Irvine and have been looking at Santa Ana because we can transfer our apartment lease. The apartment we can transfer to is on Fairview between Warner and Segerstrom. How is that area? Hope it is good, because I would be THRILLED to live so close to the Observatory.
lol that area is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County