Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:43 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tew View Post
Well said AKgirlinCA,
since moving to CO I dont want to tell anyone Im from CA cause they already have their opinion and think something bad about me cause of the way people think Californians are.
Not sure where in CO you moved to, but it seems like there's more ex-Californians in CO than there are native Californians in CA. My experience anyway.

If you're in Denver or the surrounding suburbs, there won't be huge differences between Denver and a lot of Orange County - except the winter - and the reduction of traffic - and the housing prices.

Last edited by Charles; 10-26-2008 at 06:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 06:49 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
Shocking news ...

Someone who calls themselves Texas "trash" hates OC !!!

Good grief ... would you people please leave the state already ???
A little late...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTrash
Well here we are back in Texas.
Erm, anyway, speaking as a native Texan, I'm still surprised a topic called "Orange County Sucks" started by someone with a handle like "TexasTrash" didn't catch more hell in replies than this.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:02 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,294,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tew View Post
Im not one of the a##holes but they think we all are.
So what? I don't waste time worrying about what other people think.

I've lived in Texas and it absolutely sucks. But I don't waste time posting how much their state sucks in their forums ...

However ... if they're going to keep this up ... maybe I should.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:11 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,294,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
A little late...

Erm, anyway ...
Just FYI ... he also said he's not moving back to Texas until November.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:15 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
Just FYI ... he also said he's not moving back to Texas until November.
Well, I'm sure we can all hold our collective breaths until then.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:26 PM
tew

209 posts, read 633,600 times
I want to say that Im sorry I brought myself to stupid peoples level. That was not my point.

Sorry TT that moving to OC didnt work out. Happy trails on your trip back.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:39 PM
tew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Not sure where in CO you moved to, but it seems like there's more ex-Californians in CO than there are native Californians in CA. My experience anyway.

If you're in Denver or the surrounding suburbs, there won't be huge differences between Denver and a lot of Orange County - except the winter - and the reduction of traffic - and the housing prices.

Hi Charles

Weve "talked" before. Im in HR and yes Ive met a lot of people from CA. Ive only met 8 people in 2 years that are from CO. I do like it better here cause of the prices and less traffic.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:43 PM
tew

Hey Sheri

I dont care but its hard to make friends when people dont like you cause of where your from before they know you. I have been to TX and I didnt like it but I was 17 and things change.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:01 AM

15 posts, read 111,333 times
There's a reason Orange County is so expensive, as cliche as it sounds - everyone wants to live here.

Firstly, we have no seasons. I spent most of January taking pictures in Newport and Huntington beach. Hell, a week before Christmas I was whale watching in shorts and a t-shirt.

Secondly, Orange County is SMALL, which drives the prices up on the available space. I know driving across it, it may seem spread out, but look at counties like Riverside, or San Bernardino, or even San Diego. They dominate the map. Orange County is a tiny little speck wedged between Riverside, San Diego, and Los Angeles.

Thirdly, most of Orange County is really, really nice. Unlike LA where most of it is trashed and overcrowded, the vast majority of Orange County is pretty well maintained and upscale.

I'm not going to pretend that Orange County is the garden spot of the world. It has it's problems (for example, if you aren't white, Christian, and Republican, you'll have a harder time 'making it' here than you would in say..Chicago, but I'm doing OK for myself and I'm only 1 out of 3. No, not white. Not Republican either.) but for the most part, everyone here goes along to get along, we don't have a ton of crime, and it's just a nice area to live in. Having been in the Navy, I got to see most of the world, and I can honestly say there are few places that I would rather live than here in Orange County. For all it's problems, there's so many more positives.

If you want a gigantic house with land and a view, sure, go to Colorado, go to Texas, go to Idaho. Here, you sacrifice a little in housing, but you make up for it with the sheer amount of things there are to do here, and the ability to do them literally at any time of year.

Frankly, I'll pay a little more to live somewhere where I never have to shovel snow, I never have to dodge a tornado...I don't think I've ever even seen hail, to be honest. Fires and earthquakes I can deal with, cos they happen so rarely. From what I read on Google, in most other states, in snows for like 4 months! Sometimes 5! And this happens EVERY YEAR! The government really should do something about that...

Plus...Disneyland. No Disneyland in Texas, that I know of.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:07 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clokverkorange View Post

Plus...Disneyland. No Disneyland in Texas, that I know of.
One of the few positive things I can say about the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County