Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:09 AM

41 posts, read 314,972 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am a current college student in pursuit of a Bachelors in Business Admin w/concentration in Accounting, followed by a Masters in Accounting. I am set to graduate with my Bachelors next year, either summer or fall. I was considering waiting until the fall to save more money. I am married with three kids (ages 1-5) and have lived in Mission Viejo when I was younger and would like to relocate my family there. I have spoken to my spouse, and considering where we live now and MV, there are a lot more of what we are looking for in Southern California. I am also considering Murrieta because of its price. My first thoughts are to consider a rental because traditionally it is cheaper. My wife and I are planning a trip later this year as a "late hunnymoon" to show here the area, amongst other attractions.
I have lived many places due to the Military and divorce when I was younger, and MV was the prime spot, there is no place like it.

My question is can you lend my advice/input/critisism about planning to relocate to Mission Viejo or even area's like Murrieta?

Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 06:31 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,743,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug25 View Post
with three kids (ages 1-5)

My wife and I are planning a trip later this year as a "late hunnymoon" to show here the area,
If possible, check your kids into a day camp while you are cruising around. (This is what we did on our house hunting trips; they went to Space Camp in Huntsville.) Taking kids with you in the car when you want to check things out will be an absolute total disaster.

What is your price range?
Where will you be working? (Mission Viejo versus Murrieta is irrelevant unless your job is in between them.)

Here is a good start:

School Performance Maps

Also, check out the link I started on house hunting tools:

Useful Househunting tools

Old 05-25-2009, 07:38 PM

365 posts, read 1,220,337 times
Murrieta is hotter and a different crowd out there from ppl in MV (who tend to be more about appearances). If you lived in MV prior to 2000, I would say it has changed a lot for the worse (superficial side) and you really would need to rent before buying...I've been here my whole life and can't wait to get away from these snobbier people here now.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:12 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,698 times
Could I ask when you lived in Orange County?? What year did you leave???

Old 05-26-2009, 11:16 AM

I think Raelyn and I are on the same page...that is the key to saying which place would be best for your family!

Old 05-27-2009, 06:16 PM

44 posts, read 190,698 times
I'm gonna call it. I think Raelyn and mommyntheoc are actually the same person recycling usernames. I've read a few different posts today and they always seem to reply one after another, usually with the same viewpoint (which usually opposes the general group) backing each other up.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:20 PM

LMAO well, firsttimehousehunter...you'd be wrong! Just because people can agree (I know this is a foreign concept to those who are only bullies in numbers)...doesn't mean they are the same people. I do not know Raelyn whatsoever...for one thing, she is in WA? I believe and I'm in OC still...but thanks for proving the idiocracy of it all! If you were somewhat intelligent, you would notice we don't even post at the same times of day or have the same writing style...in fact, other than the fact that we agree on some things, we don't have ANYTHING else in common...it's sad that your world and views are so very very small...but VERY good that others will be able to see it on this forum! :-) So a job well done with an honest portrayal of OC!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:20 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,698 times
Default Wow!! Now I am two different people!!

I can't believe this OC forum.. Get out of denial and open your eyes!! Stop picking on people and getting defensive. mommyntheoc and I don't care for OC so what is the big deal? Give your opinion and let us give ours. Why does it bother you that we are telling others the truth? Making suggestions and helping people with questions?

Please just do me a favor and answer the above question instead of attacking our character and getting defensive. I am glad that mommyntheoc is leaving OC and to be honest with you I am worried that she is there with you guys!! That is a scarey thought..

And for your information, I have many friends that currently live in OC and they also hate it there. We aren't the only ones who feel the way we do so get over it and get your head out of the sand or your ____.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyntheoc View Post
LMAO well, firsttimehousehunter...you'd be wrong! Just because people can agree (I know this is a foreign concept to those who are only bullies in numbers)...doesn't mean they are the same people. I do not know Raelyn whatsoever...for one thing, she is in WA? I believe and I'm in OC still...but thanks for proving the idiocracy of it all! If you were somewhat intelligent, you would notice we don't even post at the same times of day or have the same writing style...in fact, other than the fact that we agree on some things, we don't have ANYTHING else in common...it's sad that your world and views are so very very small...but VERY good that others will be able to see it on this forum! :-) So a job well done with an honest portrayal of OC!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:22 PM

oh crap...we posted one after another again! haha it's just so humourous :-) ahhh...I wonder who has the time to be sitting around to see look at patterns of postings anyways...seriously, go make some friends and get outta the house! lol

Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 AM

44 posts, read 190,698 times
Wow, you two need to lighten up a bit. It seems that it is way to easy to set you off.

I'm fine with someone having their own opinion, but the negativity of your posts is bringing down what is otherwise a pretty good forum. Just like everywhere, there are good and bad parts of OC. I wouldn't be alone in saying that the good parts far far outweigh the bad, however. Yet, you seem to want to generalize it all as bad, which I don't get. I mean, if you're done with OC, based on your own experiences, fine; no need to spread your negativity on what most people feel is a pretty nice place to live/raise a family. Speaking of South County OC specifically, what isn't to like about low crime, good schools, close to the beach, close to disneyland/knott's, seaworld, etc. Call me in denial if you will, but I've lived in OC for over 6 years and am very happy. My wife and I are raising our 3-year old son in Irvine and are looking forward to purchasing a house in this county to live for years to come. I have previously lived in Costa Mesa and Huntington Beach, no problems there either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County