Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:45 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
The two other times someone wrote "wash your car"... This was the first time someone wrote graffiti style stuff on my car. I don't know if they wrote it on anyone else's car, there's lots of cars and it would be weird for me to walk up and down the lot and look at other people's cars. It would make me look suspicious and odd..

I washed it off my car the next day tho.
This thread was started in August, so hopefully there have been no repeats and hopefully the Mercedes has an alarm on it. I don't like anybody touching my stuff either....it's an invasion of privacy. If you don't know the feeling, try coming home to a house that has been burglarized.

You live there.....don't know why you would think you would look suspicious by walking around in the parking lot. Heck, if nothing else, you would be getting exercise.

Apartment life is fun.....when I was at San Jose State, my windshield wipers were bent very far back and had to be replaced, so consider yourself lucky. I had my car broken into twice when I lived in L.A. and items were stolen....a trunk latch was destroyed on one, a window broken on another....neither car had an alarm.

Since you suspect somebody who lives in the complex: if it happens again, go to the apartment office and ask if anybody else has had this happen. If the initials are the same, ask who lives there who has a last name starting with M.

Since it's a big complex, do they have a guard who walks around at night? Maybe they should...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,958,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
T

Since you suspect somebody who lives in the complex: if it happens again, go to the apartment office and ask if anybody else has had this happen. If the initials are the same, ask who lives there who has a last name starting with M.

Since it's a big complex, do they have a guard who walks around at night? Maybe they should...
Are you serious? The OP may risk being laughed out of manager's office.

It's handwriting on a layer of dust for Christ's sake...

Nothing was damaged perhaps with the exception of OP's ego that someone touched his car !

Old 11-06-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Are you serious? The OP may risk being laughed out of manager's office.

It's handwriting on a layer of dust for Christ's sake...

Nothing was damaged perhaps with the exception of OP's ego that someone touched his car !
Of course I'm serious. I owned a private patrol company for quite a few years. Guards are hired to prevent things such as this. There are laws to be followed. If the manager is wise and wants to keep his job, he will not laugh.

This was just writing in dust. Next time it might be more. Trust me, with the business that I was in, there is always a chance for more.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
This was just writing in dust. Next time it might be more. Trust me, with the business that I was in, there is always a chance for more.
The apartment manager can not justify the hiring of private patrols because someone wrote on the dirty hood of a car. Maybe if it "a series" of break-ins and destruction of personal properties.

In any case, the cost will be passed down to the tenants.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:15 PM

That's exactly right! But the management office is not going to know anything if nothing is reported. This is what I tried to get across.....walk up and down the parking area.....see if anybody else has issues.....get to know the neighbors....look out for one another.

This time it was 'only' dust and a few finger prints. Next time he or another tenant might not be so lucky. Maybe it was a kid just having fun. Maybe it wasn't. We weren't there, so who is to say?

True, not all complexes can afford guards. But once people start to lose property due to vandalism or have to pay costly deductibles to get stereos, windows, etc., replaced on their vehicles, can the complex afford empty apartments? I know, I know, it's a catch 22 and it always boils down to money or lack thereof, but I guarantee that you have not seen what I have unless you have been in the business.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:36 PM

32 posts, read 125,213 times
its a dust tag OMG that is NOT GANG RELATED be happy this is your worries geez
all graffiti is not gang related most is not
ESPECIALLY in your area..

Old 11-10-2009, 10:14 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,902 times
Excuse me MisterDuke but don't you think your response here is very judgmental and insensitive? First of all, this is someones car and their private property and it is a boundary issue when someone touches what does not belong to them. Society has a REALLY bad problem with the violation of boundaries and this is NOT OK. I don't care how dirty a car is...you don't touch it if it isn't yours to touch...period!!!

Secondly, it is nobodies business if someone's car is dirty. What if the owner was sick or something prevented the person from washing the car? Hmmm, do you not take things into consideration before you pass judgements?

And last but not least, if people in California are that offended by a dirty car why doesn't somebody take the initiative, become a good Samaritan and wash the person's car just out of neighborly kindness??? Hmm, now that would be a different twist, huh??? It could be a good thing, instead of violating someone's personal property and wasting time and energy writing on it. And oh not to mention the dirty fingers... I don't get it?

Bottom line, not acceptable, inconsiderate and selfish... Yes it should be reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDuke View Post
Yes, I can read gang signs. The translation of this particular writing is "Wash me. My owner is too lazy to turn on a hose."

Are you serious? You put your car out in public in that condition and let it appear as if it is abandoned. You disrespect your own property then wonder why other people join in. Your car is an attractive nuisance. You're bringing down property values. If some little gangster wannabe didn't write on the accumulated filth, some one else would have. I GUARANTEE you that if you parked that heap on a residential street in Corona del Mar, people would write messages on it too.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 AM

36 posts, read 78,198 times
If it just said "wash me" I would let it go. But the fact that this was graffiti/tagging, I find this to be completely unacceptable.

If someone were to draw a swastica or burning cross on your vehicle would you be just as tollerant. Would you translate that as meaning "wash me"

I don't thinks so.

In the examples I have given and including the OP it both hatefull and disresectfull.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAU Alumni View Post
If it just said "wash me" I would let it go. But the fact that this was graffiti/tagging, I find this to be completely unacceptable.

If someone were to draw a swastica or burning cross on your vehicle would you be just as tollerant. Would you translate that as meaning "wash me"

I don't thinks so.

In the examples I have given and including the OP it both hatefull and disresectfull.

So it was wrong, completely unacceptable, hateful and disrespectful.

Call the cops.

See how far you get with this line of logic.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:50 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,902 times
You may not get far with the cops but it should not just be ignored either. There is too much tolerance regarding boundary issues. I don't know, I just have a real problem with people putting their hands where they don't belong..whether it is somthing minor like a dirty car or a sexual violation..it is still disrespect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County