Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:17 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times

Advertisements

Sigh..... Well, if you people have 3 hours to spare, I'm quite sure this video will answer ALL of the questions.

The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 12:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDuke View Post
Bush bears significant responsibility, but not all. The president sets the tone. A big part of Bush's agenda was "government is bad, regulation is bad, government is going to get out of the way so you can do what you think is best". When you are that blatant about not having a desire to enforce the law, how can you be surprised when lawlessness explodes?

If my police department stops doing their job and criminal activity explodes as a result, would I blame the police? Abso-freakin-lutely! Their job is to do what it takes to ensure order and stability. The job of the president is to ensure order and stability.

If you REALLY don't think the president has any power to influence the economy, why are so many conservatives in a lather over health care? That is a purely financial issue. Of course the president influences the economy. Don't be naive.
I am not sure anyone has actually said, the Pres has no control, but nothing much can happen without the approval of the congress. That is why we have the two branches.

As for the health care issue being primarily financial, are you saying all conservatives are looking at the financual side of the issue? If you are, you are dead wrong on that. We are looking at our health care going to the dogs. That is many of our concerns. For me, being retired and living on, not a huge income, I might be just as well off if the government takes over but I care about the quality as well.

Nita

Old 09-04-2009, 02:43 PM

273 posts, read 655,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post

As far as a place to live, to avoid a credit checks, all a person needs to do is rent a room; many people renting rooms don't do background checks or credit checks.
Well, sounds like you have a solid basis for your opinion. I still don't agree, but, hey.

I did rent a room last year for a job up in Beverly Hills that I did not want to commute to from Long Beach. Both of the landlords asked me for a full application and permission to do a credit report. I went ahead with my first choice and even had to pay the $35. I didn't get a copy either, just my score, verbally.

I'm pretty sure that would be the norm. I know I would not rent a room to anyone w/o a complete check. It must be a tough deal for parolees.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehcsrop View Post
Well, sounds like you have a solid basis for your opinion. I still don't agree, but, hey.

I did rent a room last year for a job up in Beverly Hills that I did not want to commute to from Long Beach. Both of the landlords asked me for a full application and permission to do a credit report. I went ahead with my first choice and even had to pay the $35. I didn't get a copy either, just my score, verbally.

I'm pretty sure that would be the norm. I know I would not rent a room to anyone w/o a complete check. It must be a tough deal for parolees.

lol, well you were renting in Beverly Hills (or around the area). However, places like Downey, Pomona, W Covina, Covina, or even certain spots in Diamond Bar you can move in without any checks. It does not hurt to look young and well groomed (no tattoos).

sff, I remember when I was looking for a room to rent there were two HUGE homes in the hills of Diamond bar were the owners were just renting out all the rooms like it was a frat house or something. Just gotta keep looking.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:15 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times
I know plenty of people that rent rooms and don't require credit checks. My friend has crap credit including judgements and has moved 3 times in the past two years. She has visited about 15 places, and only 1 required a credit check. These were in Sherman Oaks, Encino, Tarzana, Van Nuys, Northridge, Chatsworth, San Fernando, Westwood, and West LA.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Bush bears significant responsibility, but not all. The president sets the tone. A big part of Bush's agenda was "government is bad, regulation is bad, government is going to get out of the way so you can do what you think is best". When you are that blatant about not having a desire to enforce the law, how can you be surprised when lawlessness explodes?
Please re-read and understand that your statement here basically amounts to a fluff filled nothing. There is nothing to debate in your statement as you build a widesweeping strawman that cannot be addressed. If there is specific statement in context or better yet, legislation or policy, then you have something.

Quote:
If you REALLY don't think the president has any power to influence the economy, why are so many conservatives in a lather over health care? That is a purely financial issue. Of course the president influences the economy. Don't be naive.
There are a lot of reasons. However purely from an economical standpoint, I already said the biggest factor with which the president can influence the economy is through the raising and lowering taxes. In the instance of healthcare, there will be a massive tax burden.

Note something here(and I don't necessarily mean you Mr. Duke).....

My post contains rationed opinions derived from facts.

In the first paragraph...

Fact: Your posting was vague and general.
Conclusion: Include policy or legislation that the president advocated for or initiated, in context, and we are then able to have a debate.

In the second paragraph....

Fact: Republicans are against government sponsored healthcare.
Conclusion: The president does actually have the ability to influence the economy.

I was able to respond because it included a specific fact and conclusion that I was able to address.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
I know plenty of people that rent rooms and don't require credit checks. My friend has crap credit including judgements and has moved 3 times in the past two years. She has visited about 15 places, and only 1 required a credit check. These were in Sherman Oaks, Encino, Tarzana, Van Nuys, Northridge, Chatsworth, San Fernando, Westwood, and West LA.

Yea, girls have it much easier when it comes to renting rooms. In fact, if you look at the rooms for rent MANY of them are available for girls only.

Anyhow, unless the owner is a woman, I think it's better to find a decent guy for a roommate then a girl because the girl will occasionally bring strange males around the house. It's obviously much safer to have strange females coming around then strange males.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:26 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Yea, girls have it much easier when it comes to renting rooms. In fact, if you look at the rooms for rent MANY of them are available for girls only.

Anyhow, unless the owner is a woman, I think it's better to find a decent guy for a roommate then a girl because the girl will occasionally bring strange males around the house. It's obviously much safer to have strange females coming around then strange males.
And college age women(typical room renters) take terrible care of their bathroom facilities

Old 09-05-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
And college age women(typical room renters) take terrible care of their bathroom facilities
Oh god you have no idea. Its literally a WTF when a woman moves out of one of these places. Plenty of guys are bad too, but I've only met 3 women renters who picked up after themselves at all and around 15 who were just slobs of the worst order.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:46 AM

674 posts, read 1,619,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
A. She isn't an executive, She's an executive secretary.
B. She is turning down housing so she can hold on to her large breed dog.
C. She is geographically limiting herself to the OC v. move to somewhere that might have a better employment prospect.

But, oh yeah, its all Bush's fault.

Research stats and you will find that senior and junior Bush created unbelievable financial hurdles and problems for this country - so yes, it truly is his fault people are losing jobs, losing their businesses, and getting into difficulty.

Its a no-brainer people. All you need to do is look through stats of GDP, imports vs exports, costs, expenses and so on and compare these year to year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County