Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2011, 09:13 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,999,963 times

Advertisements

For all you who ride motorcycles in Oregon I think we are blessed with one of the best places in the country to ride. We you get off the interstate and start riding the backroads of Oregon you find it to be a real thrill. The roads are in fair to good condition and no matter which road you take or how many times you have traveled it, it is always a new experience. So what is you favorite ride, mine is the Oregon Coast Hwy (Hwy 101) from Brookings to Astoria, Hwy 199 south to California throught the Smith River Canyon. It's hard to pick a favorite, there all awesome rides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 09:25 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,074 times
Here is a list of all of designated Oregon Scenic Byways.

All are good for Motorcycle rides.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:10 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times
get a free map...

byways.org - Bing

Old 10-13-2011, 12:28 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times
For 28 years i rode my 1967 BSA 650 Lightning. I/we have many wonderful memories. Now i explore the BLM lands, in my 4x4 pickemup truck. Looking fer new fishin holes & beautiful scenery.

The ride from Glendale along Cow crick (creek) to Riddle.

From Wolf Creek to Merlin, along Graves crick & the "Rogue River.

From Grants Pass to Crater Lake, Gold Hill (234) to Shady Cove, (62) past Lost Creek Res, past Rough & Ready upper Rogue River (Have a soft ice cream) by Union Creek. & great pie.

Great location in the woods near Crater Lake and waterfalls - Review of Union Creek Resort, Prospect, OR - TripAdvisor

Union Creek, Oregon - Gateway to Crater Lake National Park

See the interesting Fish Hatchery...http://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/HOP/...vers%20HOP.pdf

Last edited by Hawk J; 10-13-2011 at 12:39 PM..

Old 10-13-2011, 12:56 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,999,963 times
Hawk, I've rode those roads a number of times, there always a nice ride. Another ride is the Snow Creek route from Azalea to Wimer, it's a pretty good road. Theres a good web site for riders that give route info and road conditions: Oregon Motorcyclist - Motorcycle Roads in Oregon

Old 10-14-2011, 10:32 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,676,974 times
I don't bike, but for years one of my hobbies has been finding new ways to get to the coast from inland. A while back I headed down the Siuslaw River from, I think, Lorane. It was one lane paved all the way, and fortunately there were no log trucks running that day. I found myself thinking it would be a great motorcycle ride. If you are on 101, the Siletz River loop doesn't take long and I think it is delightful. I'm also fond of the Wilson River Highway between Gales Creek and Tillamook, and the road down the Little Nestucca from Carlton to Beaver. That last had some gravel sections the last time I drove it, which was years ago, but I think it is paved now.

For major scenic highways, the McKenzie Highway (only open in summer, wear UV protection), 138 from Roseburg to Crater Lake, and 66 from Ashland to Klamath Falls are outstanding. Also Highway 26 from Portland to Prineville and John Day to Prineville. I haven't done the John Day to Vale section, but it's on my list. The drive from LaGrande to the Hells Canyon Overlook through Joseph is great, and gives you a look at the Wallowas. Then backtrack and head north through the Blues to Lewiston, WA. That's a ride that should warm any biker's heart.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:36 PM

5,458 posts, read 8,174,868 times
The Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally is an annual event in Eastern Oregon. About 5000 people attend:
Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally | Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally and bike show in Historic Baker City Oregon

There are many great roads for motorcycles in the area, and for riders coming from Western Oregon, some great roads to ride getting there.

Unlike Sturgis, this is a G-Rated rally.

Well, maybe for the more sensitive, PG:
Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally 258 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanpearson/4706610416/lightbox/ - broken link)

Probably the favorite ride, Oxbow, Oregon to the Hells Canyon Dam:

Road-Quest.com - Hells Canyon Rally Canyon Ride Highlights - YouTube!

Old 10-14-2011, 02:40 PM

40 posts, read 60,564 times
I would imagine Cascade Lakes Hwy (42) and Highway 58 from Eugene to Chemult would be cool (in summer).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon