Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 01:26 PM

14 posts, read 76,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXsailor View Post
Hey Freedom, it is conservative rednecks that give Southern Oregon a bad name. In fact, it is Portland, Eugene, and Salem areas that supply the majority of the states taxes, so the next time you drive down the street, read a road sign, see kids going to school, enjoy a park, see the police protecting your family from harm, and putting out your fires.... you thank US!! Because without OUR tax money, you would not have that!!!!
It' s"conservative redecks that give Southern Oregon a bad name." WOW! What an incredible slur that is!

HEY!!!! We don't take ANYTHING from you and I will thank you for NOTHING...

We "conservative rednecks" are quite self sufficient...conservatives usually are...and we certainly don't need ANYTHING from the likes of you.

"...see the police protecting your family from harm, and putting out your fires..." LOL There's not as much crime here as there is where all of you deluded LIBERALS live so we don't need the police "protecting" us. As far as the police putting out our fires...that's certainly a new one. There is an all volunteer fire department here that performs that community service. Just like the good old days in the small town I grew up in...people helping other people via an all volunteer fire department.

I'm REALLY glad you don't live anywhere near where I do.

Last edited by Clear2land; 01-12-2007 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Cool the Flames
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2007, 02:00 PM

148 posts, read 239,028 times
I think I hear the faint sounds of banjo players on the front porch......

I really love how people now use the word "liberal" as a negative. Here are some true definitions....

broad: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness; "a broad political stance"; "generous and broad sympathies"; "a liberal newspaper"; "tolerant of his opponent's opinions"
having political or social views favoring reform and progress
tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition
a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties
big: given or giving freely; "was a big tipper"; "the bounteous goodness of God"; "bountiful compliments"; "a freehanded host"; "a handsome allowance"; "Saturday's child is loving and giving"; "a liberal backer of the arts"; "a munificent gift"; "her fond and openhanded grandfather"
a person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets
free: not literal; "a loose interpretation of what she had been told"; "a free translation of the poem"

Lets see, liberals don't support authoritarianism and views social reforms and progress? Supports civil liberties? Sounds like a good thing to me.... unless you are a restrictive authoritarian.

And why would I want to live where you do? I am very happy up here and live where I do for a reason.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:42 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,476,142 times
Where did this come from?

Old 01-12-2007, 05:47 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,845 times
Quote:
I think I hear the faint sounds of banjo players on the front porch......

pla pla pling pling pling pling pling pling pling (first few chords of Duelling Banjos)

SQUUUUUUUUUUEEEEL! lol

Ahem, sorry.

Anyway, yeah, I don't know. I think even telling people you're an ultra right wing conservative these days would be like wearing a klan outfit to a DMX concert. If I was, lol, I'd keep it to myself.

Funny, ya don't see those "Bush/Cheney 04" bumper stickers NEAR as much as ya used to, lol.

-TT

Old 01-12-2007, 05:52 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
Got plucked right out of the West--the Oregon Forum.

Wonder if the dualists know it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
Where did this come from?

Old 01-12-2007, 06:36 PM

454 posts, read 906,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Got plucked right out of the West--the Oregon Forum.

Wonder if the dualists know it yet.

ummmm.

A discussion of Oregon politics belongs in the Oregon forum. I don't know why it ended up here.

Mods, get it back where it belongs!

Old 01-12-2007, 06:42 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
I was following the thread and thinking of asking a related question--then saw the last couple of posts got moved here.

Yup, it sure seems Oregon-only related!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
ummmm.

A discussion of Oregon politics belongs in the Oregon forum. I don't know why it ended up here.

Mods, get it back where it belongs!

Old 01-12-2007, 10:11 PM

The moderator booted (moved) these two threads as it was "off topic". Kind of unexpected......

Old 01-12-2007, 10:51 PM

454 posts, read 906,371 times
Quote:
The moderator booted (moved) these two threads as it was "off topic". Kind of unexpected......
Talking about politics as related to your state should not be in the political forum. People want to know about the political climate in the state they want to live in.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:20 PM

I agree. Especially in a place like Oregon where the politics are divided as such. Authoritarianism at its best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon