Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 PM

266 posts, read 1,161,904 times

Advertisements

How about Parramore Ave. between Kaley and Central? That should prove to be interesting, if not life-threatening! Ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 07:42 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,190,369 times
Quote:
How about Parramore Ave. between Kaley and Central? That should prove to be interesting, if not life-threatening! Ha!
I drive there about once a month - it's not nearly as "interesting" as the media leads you to believe. However, "driving through" and living or working there are two different things.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:37 AM

16 posts, read 91,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandfuzzy View Post
Hello! My finace and I live in the Orlando area and absolutely love to drive around exploring Central Florida when we can.

Does anyone have any suggestions for scenic areas around Orlando?

We have been through Winter Park/Windermere (we live near there)/Celebration (I work there), but we're looking for more nice places to see.

We love lakes, heavily forested places, beaches, etc. We love finding little hidden places that are so nice to visit and just explore.

Thanks so much! Any suggestions (even somewhat far away) are great!

My husband and I LOVE driving around too... finding small little towns (especially historic districts) is my favorite.

These are a couple of ideas that have destination in mind...

Have you ever visted the Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings House in Cross Creek? If you're unfamiliar with her, she was a writer most famous for her book titled "Cross Creek". Her home is now a visitors site and is really pretty cool. I've been there a few times, stopping while on road trips. There are definitely several ways you can travel to get there. You can take a straight route using interstates and main highways, or you can weave your way through back roads and lesser traveled routes. Admission is $3.00 for adults

Here's a web site: Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings LiteraryTraveler.com (http://www.literarytraveler.com/literary_articles/marjorie_kinnan_rawlings.aspx - broken link)

The whole area surrounding Cross Creek is worthy of exploring. Micanopy and The Old Florida Heritage Highway. Lots of quaint small, old Florida style towns with little restaurants and antique shops worth exploring.

Bok Sanctuary is pretty cool too (Admission $10.00)... web site: Historic Bok Sanctuary (http://www.boksanctuary.org/index.html - broken link)

I know someone else mentioned Cassadega. That place is really unique and fun. And, St. Augustine has to be one of my favorite Florida destinations. Its fun to make a few days of it and stay in a historic Bed & Breakfast.

Aside from the one tank books, there are also books called, "Best Backroads of Florida" - they are great too. You can order them from Amazon.com. Or also, Barnes and Noble has a respectable collection of local travel books in stock.

ENJOY!!

Old 06-29-2007, 05:52 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,284 times
I would suggest driving from Apopka/Vineland road intersection where SR 535 is by Downtown Disney and go towards Windemere starting from the Lake Buena Vista at night time around 9pm - 9:30......go as far as Reams road on 535 and there you have it a nice quite view of the Disney Fireworks from Magic Kingdom out in a wide open area where alot of rich people live.......i deliver pizza all the time out there and everynight i see those fireworks from reams road it is really nice and quite out there.....

Old 12-14-2008, 05:20 AM

1 posts, read 6,235 times
Default ssgilliland

This is to all motorcycle enthusiest:
I live in Mascotte, Florida and ride my steel horse on a daily basis from here to Orlando to work. (nightmare!)
so on the weekends i enjoy the backroads with friends. a nice ride for those interested is out through Center Hill>> Bushnell>> then to Floral City @ Sleepy Hollow, GREAT time on Sunday to enjoy winding canopy covered roads. When you arrive you are greeted by an overwhelming group of fine people (otherwise known as BIKERS) Live music, great food ($5.00 plate lunch),friendly people and COLD BEER (remember drink responsibly). enjoy the ride and hope to see you there.
Personally my bros and I give this place a five thumbs up.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:18 AM

291 posts, read 1,203,947 times
We haven't moved there yet, but we have visited a lot and are looking forward to Highland Hammocks State Park, less than 2 hours from Olando. It is a beautiful swamp. Here is the link ~

Main Page - Highlands Hammock State Park » Florida State Parks

It's one of Fl. oldest parks. On Friday nights they also have an all you can eat fish fry.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:17 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,210,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
We haven't moved there yet, but we have visited a lot and are looking forward to Highland Hammocks State Park, less than 2 hours from Olando. It is a beautiful swamp. Here is the link ~

Main Page - Highlands Hammock State Park » Florida State Parks

It's one of Fl. oldest parks. On Friday nights they also have an all you can eat fish fry.
This is one of my fav parks in Florida as well. We've been there for the fish fry!!! AWESOME...some of the best, most fresh fish I've ever eaten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando