Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 06:39 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times

Advertisements

I too, love many of the things posted, but will add two more

The wildlife refuges. There are so MANY! Trails, things to do and see there! Wow!

And the types of animals that live, and migrate here. I could not BELIEVE MY EYES when we went to the Black point drive on Merritt Island...there were so many birds, I could not identify probably half of them on my own. they migrate here in the winter...how cool is that!

I have a pair of Bald Eagles that must nest nearby in the spring because they are constantly flying over my yard, and an Osprey that regularly fishes in my pond. We have deer, wild hogs, gators, snakes, in our back yards practically (altho, I realize, for some, this is not a good thing) If you like to grab a camera, it's way cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 02:00 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
I love this sign too! Whenever I am coming back from being out of town, this sign makes me feel excited to be home.

What are the areas off the strip like over there? I have been to the strip many times, but not spent any time off of it. Are there some charming historic old neighborhoods like downtown Orlando has? Or is all of it new?
A lot of it is newer like Orlando is. Las Vegas is different than other cities in the sense that old means ghetto in this town. There is one area just west of Downtown Las Vegas where a road sign reads "Alta Drive, a Historic Las Vegas Neighborhood" It has a lot of older homes that were kept up really well similar to downtown east of lake eola, but not as nice, still high priced though.

A majority of people live on the north and west side of Las Vegas. It is mostly master planned communities and newer homes built between 1995-today. Whenever new homes go up, that is where the people go

Old 09-08-2010, 12:59 AM

90 posts, read 242,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando2009 View Post
Well, we've only been here a year but I 1have to say that the wide open blue sky is beautiful. Great stores to shop in like Macy's and a wide choice of restaurants. But ree that there is an opening for a great chinese place. The lakes are fantastic and there's a park on a big lake right on 535 with picnic tables. And what about great entertainment especially if you have guests from out of the country. And of course, as was said, an unbelievable international airport with great fares to over the world.
Have you tried Kim Wu on Kirkman for Chinese? It seems to be a local favorite with many people. Also the Asian restaurants in Little Saigon may have something decent, I'm always kind of leery of any Chinese restaurants in the Chinatown's of any city(meow!)

Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Things I like about Orlando -
  • Blue skies most of the year
    No snow
    RDV Sportsplex
    Abundance of golf courses and can play all year
    Four Rivers Barbeque
    Restaurant Row on Sand Lake
    Proximity to either coast
    Brick streets in Winter Park
    Theme parks for the kids
    OIA - easiest airport to travel in and out
Don't ask me what I don't like ... the list might be longer than what I like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando