Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 02:38 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times

Advertisements

I was shocked to see this. Not even Downton Disney is safe anymore?!? It USED TO be kinda safe... I was 16 and hung out there a lot, no problems. These people are so terrified, they don't want to rpess charges. My bro had the same problem, where he was terrified to press charges at some guy who shot at him on Kirkman a couple years ago... fear man. It is real.

Orlando is going down.... Tsk, tsk....

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The alleged victims of last week's reported kidnapping and robbery at Downtown Disney have elected not to pursue charges if the assailants are caught, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Jessica DellaCamera, 20, and Justin Stetzer 20, said that they were taken from a parking lot of Downtown Disney last Wednesday night after being forced into a car at gunpoint while walking back to their hotel room.

The couple told investigators from the Orange and Osceola county sheriff's offices that they were beaten and threatened, driven to at least two gas stations or convenience stores and forced to withdraw money from an ATM.

The duo said they were driven to a remote location in Osceola County, where they fought with their assailants until they were able to escape and run to a nearby house for assistance.

Disney Kidnapping Victims Won't Prosecute - Local News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.local6.com/news/13495766/detail.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 04:41 AM

30 posts, read 150,215 times
So what can be done about all this? How do we get it do stop? I mean REALLY make it stop, (not just talk about it). Or do we just take it and pretend the police are doing the best they can? How do you get your point across and to whom? I've asked this before -- are there real solutions? What do you think?

Old 07-03-2007, 06:24 AM

442 posts, read 2,913,034 times
YOUNG PUNKS are what are causing alot of the Crime in DTD.. Their Parents need to be put in Jail..oh wait they probabaly are already in Jail.!

Old 07-03-2007, 06:25 AM

442 posts, read 2,913,034 times
What i would do ( and have done) is Call the POLICE and Bug the Crap out of them...come on we are paying their wages...and lets face it the Cops in DTD are the laziest ones out there!

Old 07-03-2007, 07:03 AM

631 posts, read 2,451,582 times
A small, homemade, crude "bomb" in a trash can in a parking lot is going to ruin your life? When was the last time you went to Downtown Disney? I honestly cannot believe the tripe you spit out and what's worse is people believing your tripe. Have you ever had a bad incident at DTD? Has anyone who has posted?

That article you posted is over a month old. Common sense will tell you that the "victims" are lying through their teeth. What "victim" wouldn't prosecute? The kids were scoring drugs, plain and simple, and got robbed in the process. In DTD's entire history what else can you say has happened there that scares you?

I am going on 100 + concerts at HOB and I go to Virgin at least 2 times a month. NEVER have I seen ANYTHING like what's at City Walk. I never feel unsafe or have seen anything remotely unsafe at DTD.

Visitors reading this, please do a search on the OP and see that this is nothing new.
Downtown Disney is very safe and don't let these people scare you off.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:14 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,211,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
That article you posted is over a month old. Common sense will tell you that the "victims" are lying through their teeth. What "victim" wouldn't prosecute? The kids were scoring drugs, plain and simple, and got robbed in the process.
I totally believe that and can't believe the police haven't prosecuted them!! Did you see the video on TV where the guy went to the teller? He certainly didn't look like he was being held hostage. He looked as cool as a cucumber. You could tell from his body language. There were people all around and he never one time tried to get anybody's attention. The story sounded 'fishy' from the start but there is no way I would believe their story after seeing that video.

I was at DTD the night before this supposedly happened. The parking lots were packed and there were people everywhere. The Police presence was evident even then - there was a policeman at all the entrances and exits that I saw. Also what I perceived as unmarked security (with walkie-talkies) strolling through the crowds. I never felt threatened in any way.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:02 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
chose not to prosecute = RED FLAG!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 04:51 PM

18 posts, read 138,230 times
Anyone who believes their story is naive. There clearly is something going on here. The popular thought is a drug deal gone bad, which wouldn't surprise me. Especially after seeing the footage of him at the CVS ATM - he looked fine. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to prosecute a horrible crime like that.

Hmm, that is a HUGE RED FLAG that something is not right. They didn't even live here - why be scared to prosecute?? C'mon people have some common sense about this "crime". I've walked around drunk out of my mind at Pleasure Island and never been harassed.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:34 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,749,176 times
That's one place I never think about venturing to.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:44 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
That is a red flag, but my bro has choosen not to prosecute before as we were afraid the guy would bond out and come kill my family. My mom BEGGED my bro NOt to prosecute.

When yuo file charges against someone, you have to give all sorts of info about yourself, including your address, your SS#, your DOB, etc. The criminal gets copies of ALL documents when he the case goes to trial in a process called "Discovery".

So people are often afraid to prosecute. That is not to say the crime did not happen. Orlando is violent.

But besides this crime, I have seen hundreds of fist fights at Downtown Disney and no cops every show up (Pleasure Island).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: