Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:32 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times

Advertisements

Restaurant Row is on Sand Lake Road. It more or less runs from I-4 to Dr. Phillips Road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 09:22 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,291,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Restaurant Row is on Sand Lake Road. It more or less runs from I-4 to Dr. Phillips Road.
Got it. Thanks.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idealism View Post
I wouldn't go to Capital Grille, as you can find them all over the country. I've heard good things about Amura, but have yet to go. I really like the Ravenous Pig and Luma on Park, both in Winter Park. The chef's table in winter garden is nice experience as well. Happy dining!
Thanks. I've heard good things about the Ravenous Pig -- they portray the place as a gastropub. Different friends have told me about it. I wasn't able to go last time I was there, but it was on my short list this time.

I've enjoyed the Capital Grille and only get to eat there when I travel sometimes. They set a high standard and are very consistent, so I enjoy it. I've also sat outside and smoked a cigar (years ago, not sure if that's still allowed).

Thanks again for the recommendations.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:10 AM

193 posts, read 623,955 times
Here is the newest review I could find of Restaurant Row. Restaurants have a way of magically opening and closing so I really don't know if the list is accurate.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:54 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Here is a map of Restaurant Row, don't know how accurate it is but it looks to have been copyrighted in 2010 and thus why I'm posting a link:

http://restaurantatlas.net/Images/maprr090210.jpg

Old 12-22-2010, 11:20 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
Going to be spending some time in Orlando and want to get some recommendations on different types of restaurants. I plan on going to Christini's one night, perhaps Capital Grille another night. I am not dead-set on Capital Grille though.

So, what is your favorite steak place?

How about sushi/Japanese? I used to enjoy Rangetsu, especially the sushi, but they have closed. I also like Taverna Opa so I think I'll go there one night.

What else? Casual, nice places. I don't need fine dining, so I am looking for more casual, laid back, etc.

What about BYO? I have a few friends who really like going to different BYO's and they will be in town for about a week.

What are your favorite BYO's? Thank you in advance.
For sushi in Dr Phillips, I've heard Amura isn't quite as good as their Lake Mary location.

I'd go with Nagoya sushi (in the same plaza as press 101) or Dragonfly (new place in the dellago). Dragonfly has great sushi as well as "japanese tapas" (there's a name for them that escapes me at the moment). If you want a more casual asian/sushi place, Bento in the Rialto plaza is another option.

Big Fin seafood is awesome for their variety of seafood if you are into that. they also have sushi there.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:20 PM

Thanks for all the information. I greatly appreciate it.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
For sushi in Dr Phillips, I've heard Amura isn't quite as good as their Lake Mary location.

I'd go with Nagoya sushi (in the same plaza as press 101) or Dragonfly (new place in the dellago). Dragonfly has great sushi as well as "japanese tapas" (there's a name for them that escapes me at the moment). If you want a more casual asian/sushi place, Bento in the Rialto plaza is another option.

Big Fin seafood is awesome for their variety of seafood if you are into that. they also have sushi there.
How far is the Lake Mary location from, say, the Marriott World Resort Center?

What is the Dellago? These places sound good. Thanks again.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:34 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
How far is the Lake Mary location from, say, the Marriott World Resort Center?
35.6 miles or approximately 49 minutes. That's being generous BTW, I'd give that drive an hour to arrive on time.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:16 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
What is the Dellago? These places sound good. Thanks again.
Dellagio Town Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando