Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:25 PM

128 posts, read 435,794 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are renting a house the first full week of June and are sooo excited. We have a 2 1/2 yo DD and 6 yo DD; first time for them and my DH; we will also be joined by my BIL and SIL and their 11 yo DS and 5 yo DD;

I have been to Disney billions of times as a child but always on spring break or mid july...what kind of lines/waits can we expect for June 5-11??

We are staying about 10 miles away from disney - unsure how many days worth of tickets the kids would be able to handle..I'm thinking just 2 but my SIL I think wants 3....

My SIL also is leaning towards the hopper pass...but with our kids being young I'm really thinking this may be a waste of $$ for us; maybe not for her since she does have a son who is 11??? suggestions??

Also, MK is a must and we have already booked a lunch time at Cinderella's Royal Table
What other theme park is best for that age group?? From what I remember Epcot would prob bore the girls; AK is more like an expensive zoo right? MGM is now Hollywood Studios right?? Are there things for this age range there?

Also we live in San Antonio, so we could do Sea World anytime, so not doing that there; thoughts on Universal Studios??

Thanks for any help , links, whatever I appreciate it. Trying to make this a magical trip for the 3 little girls who are growing up so fast, and make a fun time for my nephew, who is unfortunatly always surrounded by little girls!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 07:32 PM

3 posts, read 5,006 times
us fl residents get a 3 day park passs for 1/2 the price u get for 1 adult hit me back id love to help u out

Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk11 View Post
Hi! We are renting a house the first full week of June and are sooo excited. We have a 2 1/2 yo DD and 6 yo DD; first time for them and my DH; we will also be joined by my BIL and SIL and their 11 yo DS and 5 yo DD;

I have been to Disney billions of times as a child but always on spring break or mid july...what kind of lines/waits can we expect for June 5-11??

We are staying about 10 miles away from disney - unsure how many days worth of tickets the kids would be able to handle..I'm thinking just 2 but my SIL I think wants 3....

My SIL also is leaning towards the hopper pass...but with our kids being young I'm really thinking this may be a waste of $$ for us; maybe not for her since she does have a son who is 11??? suggestions??

Also, MK is a must and we have already booked a lunch time at Cinderella's Royal Table
What other theme park is best for that age group?? From what I remember Epcot would prob bore the girls; AK is more like an expensive zoo right? MGM is now Hollywood Studios right?? Are there things for this age range there?

Also we live in San Antonio, so we could do Sea World anytime, so not doing that there; thoughts on Universal Studios??

Thanks for any help , links, whatever I appreciate it. Trying to make this a magical trip for the 3 little girls who are growing up so fast, and make a fun time for my nephew, who is unfortunatly always surrounded by little girls!
Animal Kingdom in my opinion would be more fun for kids your childrens age. You might also check into the water parks, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. Those are fun for all ages and the weather will be right for them. We live in the area and with a park hopper pass we would spend the day in the water park and then in the afternoon when it was cooler, we would head to one of the other parks.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:56 PM

237 posts, read 1,059,578 times
If you buy a 2 day non-hopper at the gate, you can upgrade anytime within 14 days to the 3 day ticket/hopper. Just keep your ticket which will have your ticket information. It may turn out you only want to go for the 2 days or you may find you want 4 days. They will apply what you have paid to the more expensive ticket, but they won't give you a refund for extra days you bought.

When my kids were little, we would only last until about 5pm. No way would I have made it to 2 parks in one day, especially if I was not staying onsite. It'll be hot in June and you can expect afternoon thunderstorms everyday. Most of the Southern schools will be out of school already, so crowds can be significant. Not as bad as end of June/July, but still fairly busy.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:07 PM

335 posts, read 1,311,308 times
Re : Universal
Most of it is geared towards older children, teenagers and adults.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:58 AM

128 posts, read 435,794 times
Thanks all for the advice! I"m passing it along to the others

Does Animal Kingdom have rides?

DeltonaDude, Thanks! I acutally have a BFF who lives in Orlando so she is helping us out; its just good ot hear feedback from other people instead of just her views (she has 3 little girls and they go all the time so its no biggie for them to go park to park b/c they are used to it)

Old 02-07-2011, 04:23 PM

9 posts, read 31,310 times
I would say Hollywood Studios. With the new Toy Story ride the younger ones would love it. Park hopper is always good but for younger kids and not staying on property you probably wouldn't need it, but yes, for the 11 yr old I would say for sure go with park hopper. Enjoy your trip. We did first week in June a couple years ago. Yes, it's hot...but it wasn't too bad. First week is usually "gay Pride" week...just a heads up. Didn't really cause too much issue.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:21 PM

334 posts, read 1,102,716 times
Have you looked at any of the Disney message boards? If you post this type of question on disboards . com you'll get loads of detailed information from helpful fans. They'll tell you all the fun stuff in Epcot for your girls, they won't be bored there!

Old 02-08-2011, 11:58 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk11 View Post
Thanks all for the advice! I"m passing it along to the others

Does Animal Kingdom have rides?

DeltonaDude, Thanks! I acutally have a BFF who lives in Orlando so she is helping us out; its just good ot hear feedback from other people instead of just her views (she has 3 little girls and they go all the time so its no biggie for them to go park to park b/c they are used to it)
Animal Kingdom has some great rides, check out the Disney Website.

When my daughter and I go, we head to the safari where you ride in a vehicle through the park to see the animals. But just as the commercial says, its not a zoo. There are plenty of rides for the kids to enjoy as well as a lot of opportunity see animals.
One of my favorite places to eat is the barbeque place there, don't recall the name. The food is not as samey as others in the parks and the onion rings are SO good and its affordable. They also have a place back by the safari ride where you can get ice cream floats which is nice on a hot day.

I always encourage people to check out the park on the website and get an idea of the lay out before you get there. There is a lot to see.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:19 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,749,176 times
Just a reminder....FL resident tickets can only be purchased and used by FL residents. This is true at Disney and Universal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando