Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 10:36 PM

8 posts, read 67,209 times

Advertisements

You are saying Celebration is the ONLY place with a main street in Central Florida? Kissimmee, Mount Dora, Haines City, Lakeland, Winter and many more places have a main street and a community feel.

You are saying Hunter's Creek is violent? Check your facts again on how many calls originate from the Hunter's Creek community itself, not surrounding areas. Also, your crime rate around Celebration is high. I got my car stolen from Chick Filet in Celebration. Also, Celebration is right next to 192, and only 5 minutes from Home Suite Homes, a extended stay hotel which is known for drugs and prostitution.

Baldwin Park, Winter Park, Windermere, and Dr. Philips are much better than Celebration.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 11:56 AM

70 posts, read 272,251 times
No actually what I am saying is taht Celebration is really Nice.... Hunters Creek is Over Crowded & STINKS!

Old 01-01-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCGuy View Post
You are saying Celebration is the ONLY place with a main street in Central Florida? Kissimmee, Mount Dora, Haines City, Lakeland, Winter and many more places have a main street and a community feel.

You are saying Hunter's Creek is violent? Check your facts again on how many calls originate from the Hunter's Creek community itself, not surrounding areas. Also, your crime rate around Celebration is high. I got my car stolen from Chick Filet in Celebration. Also, Celebration is right next to 192, and only 5 minutes from Home Suite Homes, a extended stay hotel which is known for drugs and prostitution.

Baldwin Park, Winter Park, Windermere, and Dr. Philips are much better than Celebration.
First of all, the Calls that I am talking about are directly from HC & Second, there are NO Chick-Fil-A's in Celebration. If You are talking about this One: 6050 W. Irlo Bronson Mem. Hwy.Kissimmee, FL 34747That's in Kissimmee

Old 01-01-2008, 09:56 PM

LOL..your funny and so in love with Celebration its funny. I bet you think Celebration is better than Beverly Hills California 90210. I will tell you some facts that you might be blind to. Celebration is right off 192. Their is a Chick Filet in Celebration. Their is a whole strip mall infront of Celebration that holds a Chick Filet, a Mobile gas station, a Joe's Crab shack and many more stores.

I read all your other comments and if you think Celebration is heaven, is perfect, and nothing goes wrong their, and your better than everyone else (Winter Park, Dr. Philips, Windermere, Hunter's Creek..where ever), then you go on living thinking that way. I mean, Celebration is so posh, yet..no movie stars or famous poeple live their do they? They rather move to Isle Worth.

You and your community is no different from any other place in Orlando. Baldwin Park is a better replica than Celebration. By reading the rest of your comments, it seems like your no different than any other snob.

So go on posting your foolish comments.

Im sure everyone in this forum agrees that:

Celebration is the greatest place on earth.
Nothing bad ever happens their.
If you live in Celebration, your better than everyone else.
Celebration is exclusive and only millionaires live their.

You live in a fantasy world...

Old 01-01-2008, 10:57 PM

These are just a few comments from Wildwoodcrest1957....

He is calling all of Orlando Celebration wannabes. I tire of his biased comments and how he keeps on demeaning everyone else.

Celebration......Wins, hands down! Stay away from Hunters Creek. I know someone who is a 911 Operator, who logs many 911 Violent calls from that area. Windermere...... they are Celebration wanna-be's!

We should have more areas like Celebration. There is Magic in that Town... it's called 'A Community' so You can have the other area's that pretend to have 'that sense of community' but just know that You will not find that type of Community anywhere else in Central Florida. That is the real 'Main Street USA' so......now i'm confused...... You feel Creepy in that type of Town? Hmmmmmm

No actually what I am saying is taht Celebration is really Nice.... Hunters Creek is Over Crowded & STINKS!

Why have a Copy, when You can have the original? Celebration's the Place to Be, forget the others, Avalon Park, Baldwin Park way to annoying!

I would take Celebration over Winter Park, Avalon,Baldwin Park Anyday!!! Celebration is a Great community to Live in (single or married). Why is it that People think that the Orlando area is so Great? Orlando came in #3 in Violent Crime in the Nation! Baldwin Park, Avalon & Winter Park get all the Overflow of the 'Thugs' coming there from Orlando. Celebration is a Safe place to live, and all the above 'areas' just are Celebration want-to-be's! Celebration is Beautiful!

Old 01-02-2008, 05:08 AM

1st, I do not live in Celebration. 2nd, I'm not demeaning with My posts, they are My Opinion (and I am allowed that) I have a right to have My opinion on here as You do also. You would be very surprised of where I live. Lets just say when I go out My front Door, I am facing 'Our' Target across the Street. We can discuss like/dislike all Day, but if My opinion bothers You so Much, do not read My Posts, and Quote Me. But if You choose to Read them, just know that I am allowed to Voice My opinion on anything I want to, like You do. This will be My last Post answering anything you write about or to Me. I choose not to communicate or waste keystrokes on this.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:52 AM

10 posts, read 60,046 times
i have been reading the posts on hunters creek, and i have lived there for almost 8 years now. i have to say that it has been getting progressively worse over the years. it was a very enjoyable place to live years ago, but we are at our wits end with the traffic and complaints, not being resolved. we posted several times in the newsletter, but to no avail. so we must move on to a different community. i must say though that wildwood has very valid points to make his post strong, but they do not live here in hunters creek, but seems to speak the truth about what is changing from a peaceful community to what it is turning into. now i will have to find employment somewhere else, but that's ok, as long as i am living in a nice community. we will be looking somewhere in lake county. thanks for posting everyone about hunters creek. susan

Last edited by iloveflorida; 01-02-2008 at 06:35 AM..

Old 01-02-2008, 11:17 PM

3 posts, read 39,715 times
Celebration hands down, I have lived in 30+ different places and Celebration wins..... the only people who diss it are the ones who dont live here,??? Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:41 AM

316 posts, read 1,036,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainPonteVedra View Post
Will Be Moving To Orlando With Husband And Two Young Children. I Have Heard That Both Celebration And Windermere Are Nice Areas To Live.
Why is it that I feel like hurling? Unless your name is Carol Brady...Celebration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando