Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 05:54 PM

442 posts, read 2,913,437 times

Advertisements

Everytime i go to this town i find more and more things to like about it.. we were there today doing some Geocaching and were amazed at the Nice OLDER homes in the area...
its nice to see that these places still exsist, and its not all cookie cutter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 06:56 AM

22 posts, read 125,279 times
Default Thanks

Thats one of the places I was looking into moving to. My husband is transfering to Celebration and we were looking at the city options

Thanks again

Old 09-02-2007, 03:49 PM

442 posts, read 2,913,437 times
Well If you can't afford the homes in Celebration , take a look at the homes in Lake Juliana estates in Auburndale Beautiful !!!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 01:37 PM

561 posts, read 1,923,644 times
Also new homes going up off of old berkley road in "Berkley Reserve". 3-4 Bedroom homes 1800-2700 square feet from like 180k-217k. Great deals in an up and coming area. Also Berkley Ridge on Berkley road, Auburn Preserve on Berkley Rd, and Auburn Reserve off of old berkley rd.

And if you got 300k-1mil. The gorgeous Lake Juliana Reserve.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:59 PM

4 posts, read 10,190 times
i am looking to move to fla, and just received an info packet from "the Hamptons" located in auburndale. can you tell me anything about this community?

Old 03-09-2009, 12:35 AM

314 posts, read 1,182,633 times
For a long time you didn't hear much about Auburndale but that little town is on fire! Lots of new residential construction going on as well as nice older homes the OP mentioned.

I have a friend from another chat board that moved from Massachusetts to Auburndale 4 years ago. She found the town to have friendly people, beautiful lakes and very affordable housing. She's *wild* about it and has the best time photographing all the wild life. She urges everyone who inquires about living in FL to take a look at this nice little town.

Sorry JUSTJAN, I haven't heard anything about "The Hamptons" but I'll see if I can find info about them. If I do I'll be back to let you know.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:18 AM

thank you so much, Debb J,for your input. I am just looking to rent. the Hamptons is an "over 55" golf and country club community, and am hoping that some one can take a "ride by" before i buy a ticket from michigan. everything i've read on Auburndale sounds just wonderful, just wanting to know if the Hamptons just sounds too good to be true. right now i live in Howell, Mi.........which is also a great place to live..........just too cold. I would really appreciate it if anyone who knows the area, can do a little investigating for me.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:10 AM

314 posts, read 1,182,633 times
I asked everyone I know about The Hamptons and no one knew a thing! But, none of us have heard anything negative about it either. Being that it's located on Hwy. 92, that will make it easy to travel into Lakeland or Winter Haven. That's where you'll find the restaurants, hospitals and bigger stores.

There are more nice little communities springing up all around the area that are for people over 55. One I think you should take a look at is in Lakeland and is called Cypress Lakes. Friends of my parents were impressed with it and were planning to buy a home there. It appears to have everything The Hamptons has but is newer and closer to shopping and restaurants just by being in Lakeland. That may or may not appeal to you.

Cypress Lakes | Retirement Community for Active Adults (http://www.cypresslakesfla.com/index.html - broken link)

How exciting this must be for you and AJ67 and I hope both of you find *exactly* what you're dreaming of!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 07:53 AM

thank you soooooo much Debb J .......... I really appreciate you asking around! I will enquire about Cypress Lakes!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:56 PM

558 posts, read 1,835,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjan602 View Post
i am looking to move to fla, and just received an info packet from "the Hamptons" located in auburndale. can you tell me anything about this community?
I drive by The Hamptons almost every day and it looks like a really nice community. Like Debb, I have never heard of any negative things about the community and the one person that I met that lived there absolutely loved it. The Hamptons is on the outskirts of Auburndale but it does offer easy access to Lakeland, Auburndale, and Winter Haven. You are also not very far from Saddle Creek Park (http://www.saddlecreekpark.com/index.htm - broken link) for fishing, boating, picnicking, wildlife viewing, etc. It is a high end 55+ park that is definitely worth checking into.

Auburndale is my favorite town in Polk County. Best of luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando