Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 05:24 PM

640 posts, read 1,297,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
What do you mean what track record. I have named FOUR incidents that his man has had where he been accused of behaving aggressively. A person with his track record should have NEVER been on the neighborhood watch.
Zimmerman Record more on his aggressive nature.
George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says

[LEFT]
Read more: George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says * - NY Daily News
[/LEFT]

George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says * - NY Daily News

Old 03-30-2012, 05:58 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,167,956 times
have named FOUR incidents that his man has had where he been accused of behaving aggressively. A person with his track record should have NEVER been on the neighborhood watch.[/quote]

He was never prosecuted in any of those matters. Charges were dropped completely or resolved by other means.

I would not call his past a "track record"

Old 03-30-2012, 06:02 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,167,956 times
That was in 2005. 7 years ago. So he was overzealous when he was working, according to someone who may or may not have been there to witness it.

What does this have to do with the facts of this matter?

The only question is what happened in the seconds before the
shot was fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post
Zimmerman Record more on his aggressive nature.
George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says

[LEFT]
Read more: George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says * - NY Daily News
[/LEFT]

George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says * - NY Daily News

Old 03-30-2012, 07:14 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,099,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
Our laws in this country protect our constitutional right to bear arms. But under the law there are very few circumstances where it would be legal to shoot another human being. Certainly not outside of defending yourself in your home or business. Carrying a concealed handgun may be exercising your constitutional right to the extreme. But using that handgun when you are involved in a physical altercation in a public place is not legal under the majority of circumstances.
At what point does it exceed a mere physical altercation? Perhaps when one person is getting his head repeatedly banged into a sidewalk? If I were getting my head banged into a sidewalk, I would probably be a little out of my mind. Maybe even enough to claim to not know the difference between right or wrong. Temporary insanity defense possibly as a last resort if it goes to court?

Old 03-30-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttlerfly11 View Post
Not all things in Florida are as bright as Sunshine. But what saddens me most is that many people from out of state are trying to understand things in Florida according to standards and laws from other states.

FLORIDA IS FLORIDA... and Floridians are fully able to solve their problems without meddling from out of state. Let Floridians do our job and solve our problems according to what works for US FLORIDIANS!!

He who thinks Florida is not worth of living... THERE ARE OTHER STATES... choose whatever state you want. Stop judging Florida according to what works in other states. PERIOD!!
How about we all start taking vacations in other states, too! You think your economy is bad now...

Old 03-30-2012, 07:25 PM

If you all don't want to keep hearing about Martin's past exploits, then stop bringing up Zimmerman's. BTW, the latest People magazine came with Trayvon's story. Naturally, they used an old picture of him for the cover. Looks to be about 13. In the story it mentioned he was 17 and a sophmore in HS. When I was a Senior in HS I was 17 and I never skipped any grades. I guess all those suspensions took their toll.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 PM

14 posts, read 14,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
What track record?

You have no idea what was on Zimmerman's mind - what he was thinking - what he perceived while the situation unfolded.

Originally, he was doing his duty as a neighborhood watch person and acted totally appropriately until he had to pull the trigger.
Zimmerman was trying to help neighborhood, and Travon followed and confronted him at end. Big lesson to be learned here is the hell with everyone else, don't get involved. Zimmerman was out there for his neighbors, they are now staying away from media, and when he was screaming for help, none came to his aid.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:31 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,326,805 times
We know that Travon wanted people to think he was a thug (tattoos, online nicknames, gold teeth, hoodie, bragging about aggression). Unfortunately for Trayvon, he convinced the wrong person.

It's not a coincidence that he is black and that the hip-hop culture targeting young blacks values thuggery over all else. He was clearly being drawn down a bad path by the hip-hop culture despite having solid parents. The hip-hop culture needs to be held accountable for its role in this affair, but unfortunately that will not happen.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:15 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,109,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
How about we all start taking vacations in other states, too! You think your economy is bad now...
Oh please. This is getting ridiculous. Do you want us to start digging up dirt about your state? I could tell you from personal experience about how the major city in your state has managed to waste over a million dollars on a project that could have been done for $50,000 due to infighting, personal agendas, and lack of leadership. Doesn't matter to me, it's paying for my three weeks in Europe this summer. Thanks!

Old 03-31-2012, 07:11 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,235,343 times
Please stay on topic.. As long as this remains civil it will stay open however once there are personal attacks, hijacking and other ToS violations the thread will be closed and you can post in P&OC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando