Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 05:32 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times

Advertisements

You sure do like the word 'horrific'. There was nothing 'horrific' about the screaming. It was a cry for help.

Good Grief. Using excessive, unnecessary words doesn't make it real, but I suppose it adds to the drama (and fiction). No sense getting yourself all worked up over theatrics.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:54 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
This article from Reuters gives more information from a different perspective.

Trayvon Martin: Before the world heard the cries | Reuters

Very sad.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:05 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I only repeated "gash" because the previous poster used the term. There was at least a scrape.

The only conclusion I came to early on is that the people who called George a murderer were jumping to conclusions without having all the facts. I pretty much said we needed to see all the evidence and pointed out where some people were possibly jumping to conclusions based on certain items such as "the screaming stopped as soon as the shot rang out, meant it had to be Trayvon doing the screaming" and so on.(I merely pointed out that George would not have to keep screaming for help after he shot Trayvon. Why would George scream, you might ask. Could it be that he did not want to have to use his gun?
OK, we shouldn't say in a legal way that George was a murderer without him going through the trial, though we can allege that.

As for the notion of George screaming ...... you KNOW it wasn't him screaming. That raises the question of WHY you would pretend to believe that?

Old 04-07-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
This article from Reuters gives more information from a different perspective.

Trayvon Martin: Before the world heard the cries | Reuters

Very sad.
Pretty much what I said except for the bit about Zimmerman getting out of his car. I think he was going back to his car. Either way, Zimmerman was well within his rights to shoot.

"Trayvon walks off. Zimmerman said he started running between the buildings. Zimmerman gets out of his car. He comes around the building. Trayvon is hiding behind the building, waiting on him. Trayvon approaches him and says, ‘What's your problem, homes?' Zimmerman says ‘I don't have a problem.'

"Zimmerman starts to reach into his pocket to get his cellphone, and at that point Trayvon attacked him. He says Trayvon hits him. He falls on the ground. Trayvon jumps on top of him, takes his left hand and covers Zimmerman's mouth and tells him to shut the F up and continues to pound on him.

"At that point Zimmerman is able to unholster his weapon and fire a shot, striking Trayvon in the chest. Trayvon falls on his back and says, 'You got me.'"

Old 04-07-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
OK, we shouldn't say in a legal way that George was a murderer without him going through the trial, though we can allege that.

As for the notion of George screaming ...... you KNOW it wasn't him screaming. That raises the question of WHY you would pretend to believe that?
Trust me, just because you say or think something doesn't make it so. Quite the contrary.

Indeed it was George screaming. Even Trayvon's father said it wasn't Trayvon.

And please don't say you believe what a couple of armchair/basement voice analysis self-proclaimed ex-spurts say, lol. Their 15 minutes are over. Their imaginary credentials insure they'll never be called as witnesses.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:32 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Trayvon's mother did say it was her son screaming. I believe it's been pointed out to you several times now that grown men don't scream in a high pitch, not unless they've been castrated, but teenage boys can. And the experts know more than you or I do.

I don't buy for a moment that you actually believe George was the one screaming. You're not that stupid. My guess is that you feel compelled to debate us, as if you were on a high school debating team and had been assigned a side. There's actually a subforum here for formal debates, you might want to try your hand at that.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:22 PM

29 posts, read 21,417 times
Mr. Cooper's analysis of the probable events is spot on.....and will probably come out in the Grand Jury testimony. Trayvon's father initially said it was not Trayvon screaming on the 911 tape.....then the race hustlers got involved and he had a change of heart. An expert in speech analysis came out yesterday and debunked the original two "experts" who eliminated Zimmerman as the screamer on the 911 tape, using their propreitary product which they would love to sell more of. There is no doubt that Zimmerman will end up in a court of law....most likely a civil court where he is seeking substantial damages....particularly against media like NBC who has now fired a producer for "editing" Zimmerman's calls to the police to make him appear to be a bigot. Richard Jewel, the purported Olympic bomber in Atlanta, got a pretty hefty settlement from the Atlanta Journal Constitution for the way they singled him out and printed outlandishly biased "news" articles indicating he was the bomber. Me thinks Zimmerman has a much better civil case at this point than Jewel did. I hope he also sues the mayor who said Zimmerman "assasinated" Trayvon and the CongressCritters who made similar inflamatory statements that are not based in any factual reality.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:04 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangin' Chad View Post
Mr. Cooper's analysis of the probable events is spot on.....and will probably come out in the Grand Jury testimony. Trayvon's father initially said it was not Trayvon screaming on the 911 tape.....then the race hustlers got involved and he had a change of heart. An expert in speech analysis came out yesterday and debunked the original two "experts" who eliminated Zimmerman as the screamer on the 911 tape, using their propreitary product which they would love to sell more of. There is no doubt that Zimmerman will end up in a court of law....most likely a civil court where he is seeking substantial damages....particularly against media like NBC who has now fired a producer for "editing" Zimmerman's calls to the police to make him appear to be a bigot. Richard Jewel, the purported Olympic bomber in Atlanta, got a pretty hefty settlement from the Atlanta Journal Constitution for the way they singled him out and printed outlandishly biased "news" articles indicating he was the bomber. Me thinks Zimmerman has a much better civil case at this point than Jewel did. I hope he also sues the mayor who said Zimmerman "assasinated" Trayvon and the CongressCritters who made similar inflamatory statements that are not based in any factual reality.
NBC has some pretty deep pockets, I believe.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:09 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Trayvon's mother did say it was her son screaming. I believe it's been pointed out to you several times now that grown men don't scream in a high pitch, not unless they've been castrated, but teenage boys can. And the experts know more than you or I do.

I don't buy for a moment that you actually believe George was the one screaming. You're not that stupid. My guess is that you feel compelled to debate us, as if you were on a high school debating team and had been assigned a side. There's actually a subforum here for formal debates, you might want to try your hand at that.
I have to admit that I started having doubts when I heard an "expert" had analyzed the tapes and confirmed without a doubt that it wasn't George screaming for help, until I saw Mr. Coopers post and followed the link myself.

I will repeat the link here for the benefit of Woof:
JustOneMinute: The Self-Refuting Expert Witness The Orlando Sentinel Is Touting

Old 04-07-2012, 10:12 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Pretty much what I said except for the bit about Zimmerman getting out of his car. I think he was going back to his car. Either way, Zimmerman was well within his rights to shoot.

"Trayvon walks off. Zimmerman said he started running between the buildings. Zimmerman gets out of his car. He comes around the building. Trayvon is hiding behind the building, waiting on him. Trayvon approaches him and says, ‘What's your problem, homes?' Zimmerman says ‘I don't have a problem.'

"Zimmerman starts to reach into his pocket to get his cellphone, and at that point Trayvon attacked him. He says Trayvon hits him. He falls on the ground. Trayvon jumps on top of him, takes his left hand and covers Zimmerman's mouth and tells him to shut the F up and continues to pound on him.

"At that point Zimmerman is able to unholster his weapon and fire a shot, striking Trayvon in the chest. Trayvon falls on his back and says, 'You got me.'"
Youve got to be kidding me? Is this funny to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando