Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 06:04 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
Many studies convincingly suggest that homophobes act out because of suppressed same-sex desire. For example:
Homophobic? Maybe you're gay: The New York Times on a new study of secret sexuality. - Slate Magazine

and:
The Roots Of Homophobia - Putting Freud To The Test | Assault On Gay America | FRONTLINE | PBS

Let the denials begin.
I've never understood why gays use this reasoning about people who say terrible things against them. If gators is suppressing his gayness and the symptoms of that is what he's posted in this thread, then isn't gay bashing a gay on gay crime? I mean, you guys can keep him for all I care, because his comments have made breeders like me look even more barbaric than before on this subject. Oh wait, I forgot, he's not even on my team anymore .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 06:25 AM

570 posts, read 1,153,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
I've never understood why gays use this reasoning about people who say terrible things against them. If gators is suppressing his gayness and the symptoms of that is what he's posted in this thread, then isn't gay bashing a gay on gay crime? I mean, you guys can keep him for all I care, because his comments have made breeders like me look even more barbaric than before on this subject. Oh wait, I forgot, he's not even on my team anymore .
Thats the standard gay operating procedure as I described in the Disney thread. It's a defense mechanism that gays have adapted over the last decade or so. What better way to deter someone from making fun of gays then automatically calling them a homo? What straight person wants to be called that vile word? So they stop talking. It was a great strategy by the homos. According to them, anyone in this world who doesnt support homosexuality is either: a). Closet-case homosexual, b). Bigot.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:48 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
You've just listed, by the measure of many commentators and magazines, the most desirable places to live in the USA, with lower rates of joblessness and higher percentages of people with college degrees, as well as greater access to culture, advanced medical care, and recreational activities. These are the cities of the future, where new economies will grow because of high-productivity knowledge bases and low cost of living. See, for example, Business - Derek Thompson - Recovery, Part III: Why These 20 Cities Are Leading the New Economy - The Atlantic. Although I have no doubt you'll find some trite way to discredit the conclusions.
You obviously didn't understand my point. I was trying to convey examples of cities that I don't consider cesspools and I would live in any of those cities and have lived in Boston & San Diego.

Quote:
If you want to live in some inbred, insular conclave, where everyone thinks alike, looks alike, and knows each other's business, and the highlight of the week is the potluck at the pentecostal church down the road, more power to you. But your empty-headed dismissal of Orlando and the other cities as "cesspools" filled with "lowlifes" is indicative of a mindset that is, to put it politely, hysterically fearful, judgmental, and closed
Being socially conservative with traditional family values doesn't mean one has to live in a cave. As far as judgmental, hysterical, and closed ... I've lived here for quite awhile and have enough experience with the type of people that live here to form my own opinion. Read the news ...

Oh yeah, a minor point ... Orlando was voted #1 smuttiest city in the U.S. - not an environment I wish to raise my kids in ... to each their own.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:38 AM

554 posts, read 608,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
... when I go out with a hottie n I see gays kissing I'd make a smart comment like "I wonder how their dads feel" or say wtf and the chick would laugh hysterically. ...
It's the closet-cases like you who feel a subconscious need to make comments like this ... to flex your tiny manhood in front of your "chick" ... the genuine heterosexual men, for the most part, are secure in their own sexuality and aren't compelled to behave boorishly, whatever their opinions are. I knew you wouldn't comment on the research itself ... because you can't; it's been validated many times over the years.

Most straight men I know are neither closet-cases nor bigots, and don't feel threatened by same-sex marriages or displays of affection. You may not be a closet case, but you're behavior is childish.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:51 AM

570 posts, read 1,153,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
It's the closet-cases like you who feel a subconscious need to make comments like this ... to flex your tiny manhood in front of your "chick" ... the genuine heterosexual men, for the most part, are secure in their own sexuality and aren't compelled to behave boorishly, whatever their opinions are. I knew you wouldn't comment on the research itself ... because you can't; it's been validated many times over the years.

Most straight men I know are neither closet-cases nor bigots, and don't feel threatened by same-sex marriages or displays of affection. You may not be a closet case, but you're behavior is childish.
So which is it?

It's also been validated by the scientific community that homosexuality is a mental illness. This was until the gays threw a hissy fit and the statement was later retracted for fear of retallation such as the whole scientific community being labeled as closet-case homosexuals or bigots.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
It is ... that's why we're leaving this cesspool of Takei's, drug dealers, pedophiles, illegals, retreads, liars, pretentious idiots, scam artists, backstabbers, etc.

And before you say it ( which I know you will b/c you are the omniscient and you feel you have to post on anything that denigrates Florida ), any city will have some of the above. Just not to the percentage of central Florida ...

BTW, did you figure out what heat index is yet ?
All those types of people you listed above, exist in HUGE numbers everywhere. They are part of human existence and you cannot escape them and unfortunately they make up a MUCH larger part of the population (of the general US population, not JUST Orlando MSA) than you might think

I saw those people you listed in even greater numbers when I lived in Connecticut, it seemed like everybody was a druggie, pedophile, criminal, liar, pretentious idiot, and let's add douchebag to that one

It was no different when I lived in Las Vegas either, and to ADD to that, it seemed like every woman I met was involved in the adult entertainment industry or committed to the hustle if you get my drift

Its the same way here in Orlando, and it will be the same way wherever you choose to go after this, its not going to change nor will it ever, its only going to get worse

Old 06-13-2012, 10:27 AM

2,682 posts, read 4,480,983 times
Haters will always hate. I don't understand why certain people have to use such words to put down and disregard regular people they've never met on an internet forum, rather than participating in intelligent discussion. Obviously they are not happy with their own lives or they'd find something else to do.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:39 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
All those types of people you listed above, exist in HUGE numbers everywhere. They are part of human existence and you cannot escape them and unfortunately they make up a MUCH larger part of the population (of the general US population, not JUST Orlando MSA) than you might think
Per capita, Orlando & Las Vegas seem to corner the market on smut. I have 89 registered sex offenders living within 5 miles of my house. I'm sure I can find many areas in the U.S. where this is not true and maybe if you had children Davie, you might think a little differently. If you're young and single and without children, family values might not be high on your list and Orlando might be just what the doctor ordered. But I've seen enough to know that this is not the place I want to raise my kids ...

And I'm not sure why, but warm weather seems to attract a lot of undesirables.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:59 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Per capita, Orlando & Las Vegas seem to corner the market on smut. I have 89 registered sex offenders living within 5 miles of my house. I'm sure I can find many areas in the U.S. where this is not true and maybe if you had children Davie, you might think a little differently. If you're young and single and without children, family values might not be high on your list and Orlando might be just what the doctor ordered. But I've seen enough to know that this is not the place I want to raise my kids ...

And I'm not sure why, but warm weather seems to attract a lot of undesirables.
Orlando getting the #1 spot for smut was undeserving in my opinion, granted there's definitely a share of adult entertainment in this town its tame compared to Las Vegas.

I will probably never have children since there is no woman on this earth who would be insane enough or have standards low enough to want me, but if there was a snowball's chance in hell that I DID have kids, I would much rather raise them here than ANYWHERE in the northeast

When I lived in CT between from age 11-15 a majority of kids I knew were smokers, drunks, pot heads, or a combo of the 3, most girls were pregnant by age 13 or 14 and I would imagine some of them are on baby (and baby daddy) number 5 or 6 by now. So much for good wholesome small town New England values eh?

But like I said there are huge numbers of undesirables everywhere. Im one of them, Im a low wage worker with a high school education and that's all I'll ever be

Welcome to America leftee, the land of single teen moms, drunks, druggies, criminals, perverts, pedophiles, hookers, bikers, drug dealers, gang bangers, and psychotics

I promise you wherever you go, it wont be any different than it is here, a majority of the population in this country now are "undesirables" who just want something for nothing and live on the government dole

Old 06-13-2012, 06:42 PM

554 posts, read 608,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
So which is it?

It's also been validated by the scientific community that homosexuality is a mental illness. This was until the gays threw a hissy fit and the statement was later retracted for fear of retallation such as the whole scientific community being labeled as closet-case homosexuals or bigots.
LOL. You're a joke, and your statement is false. Homosexuality hasn't been considered a mental disorder since 1973, when it was removed from the DSM, not because "gays threw a hissy fit", but because research had found no association between homosexuality and psychopathology. In the almost 40 years since, there's been no credible research linking homosexuality with any mental illness. If you think gay people had enough power back in 1973 to force the hand of the American Psychiatric Association, then you're obviously a screenwriter because you're adept at spinning fantasies.

Read the current statement of the American Psychological Association Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality.

You obviously feel angry and threatened by gay people trying to live their lives. That's too bad. Because who someone marries, or kisses, or sleeps with, is simply none of your f**king business. Take your "chick" to Dairy Queen and try to get over it, because the tide of present events is going to carry you out to sea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando