Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 08:00 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
You obviously feel angry and threatened by gay people trying to live their lives. That's too bad. Because who someone marries, or kisses, or sleeps with, is simply none of your f**king business. Take your "chick" to Dairy Queen and try to get over it, because the tide of present events is going to carry you out to sea.
I don't care enough about gays to feel angry or be threatened by them. I just find it hilarious that they think they're in now with the norm when that's far from the truth. Half the rainbow defenders on here are the same ones that look twice at a gay couple, u know the quick 2nd glance to see if what they see is really happening. It's not because they're trying to see what they're wearing either. It's because homosexuality is unnatural and that's their innate response to gayness. Another natural reaction is when a gay starts acting all flamboyant in public you stare at them. You can lie to yourself and say you're staring at them as you'd stare at another person causing noise but deep down inside why're you really staring at him? It's because you cant believe your eyes that a man is acting like a girl because that is your natural reaction. Next time you're in public, observe your natural reaction to gays and their gayness. You'd be surprised at your natural reaction to homosexuality. Of course most of you will lie and say "no I felt the same when I looked at a man/woman couple holding hands walking down the street as I did with a man/man couple." But remember, truth shall set you free. Be honest with yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 09:03 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
I don't care enough about gays to feel angry or be threatened by them. I just find it hilarious that they think they're in now with the norm when that's far from the truth. Half the rainbow defenders on here are the same ones that look twice at a gay couple, u know the quick 2nd glance to see if what they see is really happening. It's not because they're trying to see what they're wearing either. It's because homosexuality is unnatural and that's their innate response to gayness. Another natural reaction is when a gay starts acting all flamboyant in public you stare at them. You can lie to yourself and say you're staring at them as you'd stare at another person causing noise but deep down inside why're you really staring at him? It's because you cant believe your eyes that a man is acting like a girl because that is your natural reaction. Next time you're in public, observe your natural reaction to gays and their gayness. You'd be surprised at your natural reaction to homosexuality. Of course most of you will lie and say "no I felt the same when I looked at a man/woman couple holding hands walking down the street as I did with a man/man couple." But remember, truth shall set you free. Be honest with yourself.
How can you make a blanket statement, as if ALL people act the same way you do? Here's my experience: I simply don't notice them. Because they're just people. I've never noticed a gay man "acting all flamboyant in public". Or maybe even if I have it just doesn't bother me at all.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:39 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,375 times
Yes, Yes, Orlando is a VERY HAPPY CITY!

Old 06-14-2012, 08:09 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
I'm sure a world where everyone acts on gut reaction instead of measured thought would be a great place. This line of thinking will not set you or anyone else free, unless your Utopian society emulates that of a maximum security prison and the bonds that like-minded individuals form within them.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:51 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
One of my best friends whom I've known since high school recnetly came out to me. I might join him at P-House, Pulse, or Revs for a drink sometime. Im not gay nor am I interested in that "lifestyle" (sorry if that offended anyone, I didnt know how else to put it) but he is one of my best friends and Im supportive of whatever path he finds himself on

Really Orl? Straight girls go to the gay clubs?

And I've been wasting all my time and money at Vintage, Antigua, The Beacham, and Finnhenry's
Many. Sometimes you'll even find straight guys at the gay clubs. One time I went to pulse with a girl who is straight and she ended up meeting and kissing a straight guy there. This was on college night, our generation is very open minded when it comes to sexuality.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:17 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
g0gat0rs, I cant believe what I'm reading. I have been part of many discussions with you on this website for the past few years and you were always one of my favorite posters. We always agreed with one another. I am shocked you think the way you do on the topic of homosexuals. I my self am gay, I have been gay for as far back as my memory can go. I may not have admitted it until recent years but I have always been gay. I bet if you saw me in public or heard me talk you wouldn't be able to recognize me as a gay guy. If I could choose to be straight I would because it would be so much easier to live in society, most gay people feel the same but we can't change who we are. For that reason we embrace who we are and we aren't afraid to be ourselves, everyone deserves to be who they are and live their life. Yes some people may look twice at gay couples (especially older people and closed minded people) because for so many generations the gay lifestyle has been ridiculed, causing gay people to live there whole lives in a lie, unhappy just so they can please other people. Gay couples are becoming more common in public now-a-days because it is finally becoming more accepted, more than ever. Its about time, and its only going to become more "normal" as time goes on so I would advise you to get used to it.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:42 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Having met GLS, I can vouch for what he said about not being able to recognize him as a gay

I had no idea myself until he said so just now. I'll admit it came as a surprise

Old 06-15-2012, 06:11 AM

492 posts, read 1,025,130 times
I can't believe this thread is still going on. You cannot reason with g0gat0rs, because people like that are not reasonable. Sad for him.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
It all sounds about right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
Certainly a candidate for the most idiotic post of 2012, and the year isn't even half-finished.

You've just listed, by the measure of many commentators and magazines, the most desirable places to live in the USA, with lower rates of joblessness and higher percentages of people with college degrees, as well as greater access to culture, advanced medical care, and recreational activities. These are the cities of the future, where new economies will grow because of high-productivity knowledge bases and low cost of living. See, for example, Business - Derek Thompson - Recovery, Part III: Why These 20 Cities Are Leading the New Economy - The Atlantic. Although I have no doubt you'll find some trite way to discredit the conclusions.

What I find more objectionable, and more typical, is your unstated but clear insinuation that "predator = gay = pedophile = lowlife". Most perpetrators of child sexual abuse are men, and the vast majority of them are either heterosexual, or unclassified ... because many child molesters don't have an adult sexual orientation; they are fixated or stuck at an early stage of psycho-sexual development, or are regressed. Their sexual attractions are based on age, not gender or sexual orientation. Further, your insinuation confuses the gender of the victim (most are boys) and the presumed sexual orientation of the perpetrator. Thus, if it's male on male abuse, you assume that the perpetrator is gay. Wrong. This issue has been well-studied and there is simply no linkage between homosexuality and child molestation. See, for example, Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation.

If you want to live in some inbred, insular conclave, where everyone thinks alike, looks alike, and knows each other's business, and the highlight of the week is the potluck at the pentecostal church down the road, more power to you. But your empty-headed dismissal of Orlando and the other cities as "cesspools" filled with "lowlifes" is indicative of a mindset that is, to put it politely, hysterically fearful, judgmental, and closed.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:39 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
It all sounds about right to me.
There's an obvious problem with comprehension on this board ... read my response to the post you just quoted ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando