Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times

Advertisements

"Drive up to western NC, and tell everyone you see you're from O'town."

wow, this is interesting. i spent yrs living in western nc. the asheville areas actually, and there are so many ppl from fla it really doesnt matter there anymore. plus, i never siad i wanted out of fla. i want out of orlando.

i wouldnt want to move back to that area of nc again, but there are a lot of floridians that live there now. A LOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 08:23 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
how does my unhappiness affect you? just curious.

i'm not one of these criminals, or bad/rude/aggressive drivers or spanish speaking only folks. i am a born floridian. it was ppl like that were here when most of fla was an awesome place to live. if this town had more ppl like me, most wouldnt be so unhappy in orlando.

who said i lived in downtown? i live in the avalon park/stoneybrook/waterford lakes areas. we got break-ins, cars stolen out of driveways, strong arm robberies at mcdonalds on avalon pk boulevard. i'm not the one doing this kind of garbage. it is the good ppl like my wife and i, among others, that are looking to get out while the rude and aggressive from nj/nj/puerto-rico move in...

I know what you're getting at...i see it too all over Orlando...there are good New Yorkers for sure and good people from other parts of the north.....there is just a large group of them that make thier whole area look bad.....and you can see it when you go to any fast food place here ......you hear that Puerto Rican thug NY accent and then they say, "What do you want?".......I thought the people that work there were supposed to say "How are you doing?" or "thanks for coming to Wendy's" and then "What would you like to order?".....i work at a pizza place and i would get fired if i just picked up the phone and said "What do you want?".......some people have that pride about being from up north because that's where they were raised and they get offended when they hear people like me say this kind of stuff......well i know there are some ghetto azz people from the south that do the same things but its not as big of a ratio.....i guess up there its about speedy service instead of quality service.....its just a cultural difference that we arent used to....and you cant defend the people that are doing this because living here there is no need for the same kind of attitudes if you truly think Orlando is an easier place to make it...if thats the case then why the attitude at the drive through windows?

Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 PM

try the pollo tropical on 50/e.colonial. a few of them are nice, but some of them are like "yup. i'm listening. do you wanna combo?"

and in the background, how i just love hearing that extremely sh$tty reggaeton music blaring from the car next to me. aahhh, paradise. or should i say spanish harlem?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:28 AM

Quote:
try the pollo tropical on 50/e.colonial. a few of them are nice, but some of them are like "yup. i'm listening. do you wanna combo?"

and in the background, how i just love hearing that extremely sh$tty reggaeton music blaring from the car next to me. aahhh, paradise. or should i say spanish harlem?

It's the bosses fault at these places.........i understand now why managers discriminate against thug looking people in the hiring process...they are trying to sell products not have people feel uncomfortable when placing an order.......i listen to some hip-hop and did grow up in California, Texas, and Miami and had gangbangers as friends but i never felt i had to be rude to people or rob someone.....i think alot of these kids nowadays are just posers and trying to act hard.....when you really come from a poor background you try your best to keep a job and that's where i came from...i treat all my customers with respect and try to accomplish goals to get out of being poor.....i know alot of other people like me that do the same but this new generation doesnt know what the hip-hop they listen to really means and where that lifestyle comes from and leads to......you have to take the good of it and stop trying to portray the bad of it......because really not all of it is positive but they dont know any better now

Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 AM

well, i've noticed, and correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like the kids here --- especially from ny and puerto-rico have to act hard down here as if to say, "hey, i'm from ny or puerto-rico. i have seen it all and lived on the streets." boo freakin hoo. most of them just ACT hard like we care. what are they in a big pun video or something? gimme a break!!!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
well, i've noticed, and correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like the kids here --- especially from ny and puerto-rico have to act hard down here as if to say, "hey, i'm from ny or puerto-rico. i have seen it all and lived on the streets." boo freakin hoo. most of them just ACT hard like we care. what are they in a big pun video or something? gimme a break!!!

You're right ...ive been saying that for years ever since i moved here and saw these dudes...its a joke .....the only time they will do anything to you is when all thier boyz are there with them.....I'll tell you how i know that they are posing....it's because they arent found living anywhere in Pine Hills or the "real" bad areas of Puert-O-lando...they stick to Azelea Park/Old East Orlando/Curry Ford/Kissimmee/Poinciana/Deltona or any other place that was considered a safe area before they all moved here....i havent met alot of them in Eatonville or Sanford or anywhere that native Orlandoan's would consider the ghetto.....they all come down and say you havent seen nuttin nicca....but they say that way out at the Colonial Mall....LOL.....i guess that the colonial mall is what they compare thier home ghetto to...LOL

Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 AM

"they stick to Azelea Park/Old East Orlando/Curry Ford/Kissimmee/Poinciana/Deltona or any other place that was considered a safe area before they all moved here."

yeah, was safe. key word being "was."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando