Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 PM

36 posts, read 83,496 times

Advertisements

This is the funniest troll thread.

After relocating and living in Orlando for the past few months (and Florida for the past 8) it's not really cheaper than where I moved from (Toronto, Canada). The savings in rent and lack of state tax if offseted nickeling and diming everywhere - tolls, driver license fees, $150 turning on right video/photo tickets, health insurance co-pays, gas for long commutes, etc. To move here, you need at least $5000 (airfare + deposits + temp accommodation + new furniture + transport/gas + food) but more like $8000 to $10000.

In places like London, it's easy to "let a furnished flat" for a few weeks because there are so many transients from all over the world there. In Orlando, the only options are dungy motels or expensive corporate housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 03:45 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikecandee View Post
I know you're annoyed ...but i see nothing wrong with how we live. We qualify ...were not scamming any system.. Could I work? Yep sure can but at what expense? I'd much rather stay home with my kids. Yes the whole year part is pure TORTURE. There is only but so much planning you can do with a cruise...
A lot of mothers would love to stay home with their kids, but they can't because they have to work to support their families. They also end up supporting yours because you are able to work, just not willing. I'm sure a lot of those mothers would love to take their kids on a cruise or to Disney World, but because they are being taxed to death so you can take your vacations compliments of US taxpayers, they aren't able to.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
You know there's a problem with entitlements when someone has this mentality. Anyone with some functional capacity should work for their benefits IMO
Unfortunately the great majority of those who receive entitlements think they deserve them simply because they occupy space on this planet. The more we give them, the less they have any desire to work.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Guys, there is no way in hell this idiot is a real person.

No one on the planet could be that selfish, stupid, or clueless.

Come on, it's a laundry list of troll.

Fat, unemployed, welfare, disability, trips to Disney, sense of entitlement?

No. Way.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:34 AM

160 posts, read 451,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Guys, there is no way in hell this idiot is a real person.

No one on the planet could be that selfish, stupid, or clueless.

Come on, it's a laundry list of troll.

Fat, unemployed, welfare, disability, trips to Disney, sense of entitlement?

No. Way.
I have to agree. Look at the name - Justlikecandee?

Old 01-04-2015, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,452 times
I live in nyc and I want to change my life and have better living for my son while he is growing. So florida came across my mind. Which I know it can't happen over night . I would like some advice on how would I go about starting my journey this is something I really want to do. I feel like anything out of nyc would be better because everything cost money here in nyc for you to enjoy your life .my son is really smart and I want to keep it that way I don't want him to grow up being bad or living a rough life he only 2 but I want to start now .

Old 01-04-2015, 02:37 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdaina23 View Post
I live in nyc and I want to change my life and have better living for my son while he is growing. So florida came across my mind. Which I know it can't happen over night . I would like some advice on how would I go about starting my journey this is something I really want to do. I feel like anything out of nyc would be better because everything cost money here in nyc for you to enjoy your life .my son is really smart and I want to keep it that way I don't want him to grow up being bad or living a rough life he only 2 but I want to start now .
Save money. Lots of it. Get trained to do something that you can do in FL.

That is the best way to start.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Why Florida? If my child were "really smart" I would be looking at this list and choosing my move based on it.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:20 PM

110 posts, read 141,026 times
Quote:
Why would you leave the northeast for Florida? The schools are much better where you are, especially in northern New Jersey and the other suburbs or NYC. The selective enrollment schools in NYC are excellent.

What sort of education and career do you have?

Old 01-04-2015, 09:44 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingatall View Post
Why would you leave the northeast for Florida? The schools are much better where you are, especially in northern New Jersey and the other suburbs or NYC. The selective enrollment schools in NYC are excellent.

What sort of education and career do you have?
You pay a pretty penny for that. Taxes in NY and NJ are routinely in the top 5. FL does pretty well at the middle of the pack considering how little it spends on education per pupil (I think we still beat California). There are pockets of good schools throughout the state if you know where to look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando