Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 AM

46 posts, read 182,563 times

Advertisements

We have set up our trip to visit the area at the end of the month...27th through 29th!! YAY!! I am so excited to see what Lake Mary has in store for my family!

I am aiming at staying in the Lake Mary High School district although my son is only in elementary school... are there any other mailing addresses (cities) used for this district (other than "Lake Mary")?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 11:53 AM

6 posts, read 26,975 times
Default Lake Mary HS zone

This zoning map (http://www.scps.k12.fl.us/schoolboard/_doc/Rezone/11-3-05/WholeCountyHS.pdf - broken link)is from the Seminole County School District web site. It outlines the areas for the various high schools. You can blow it up to 150% and get a good look at the Lake Mary HS zone (in green). It's bounded on the north by Lake Mary Boulevard, and on the south by E.E. Williamson Road. If memory serves me, some of the outer areas might have a Longwood, FL address. My children went to Wilson Elementary and then Heathrow Elementary when it was built in the late 1980s. From there they went to Greenwood Lakes Middle School, and Lake Mary HS. I chose my neighborhood specifically to stay in those school zones - in the center of the map just above Green Way Blvd.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:14 PM

6 posts, read 26,975 times
Default 200% is even better

The map is even more detailed if you blow it up to 200%. I didn't try it because I thought it would be distorted. Lake Mary HS is roughly at the intersection of Green Way Blvd. and Longwood-Lake Mary Road. School bus service is for anyone more than 2 miles away. My kids hated being just inside the 2-mile mark and would rarely want to walk. Once they had driving friends, my hauling days were done!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 PM

46 posts, read 182,563 times
THANKS!! This is very helpful, and just what I needed! I can't wait to visit! Any info. on Oviedo?...is Sanford in whole as bad as the crime rates show? Seems these have the more affordable housing costs.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:50 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
There are different parts of Sanford. The crime is bad in certain areas. If you stay on the west side, by the mall, restaurants and stores, you'll be fine. As a matter of a fact, there are million dollar homes by there in Sanford. You can try areas of Longwood for Lake Mary High. Ovedio is nice too, but I feel it's further out away from I4. Although, it has everything you need if you just stay in town. To me, Lake Mary is in the middle, you have I4 on one side and 17/92 and 417 on the other which makes things pretty accessible.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:37 AM

246 posts, read 1,248,177 times
Which is "safer" crime wise...Lake Mary or Sanford??...seems like the schools are comparable.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:28 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Definately Lake Mary!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:10 AM

64 posts, read 202,332 times
I have taught in the Seminole County Public School System for 11 years. Many of the schools are excellent. SCPS has received straight A's since the state started grading school systems. This is why my wife & I moved to Seminole County years ago. It is also why I teach and coach basketball here. Lake Mary finished #4 in Money Magazine's Best Places to Live. Winter Springs finished #31. As for actual sales price versus listing price, the most recent number I've seen is 93.79% posted by the Orlando Regional Realtor Association.

Last edited by Keeper; 07-03-2008 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: contact me message removed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando