Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 11:44 AM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times

Advertisements

Hi, I've moved out of Orlando almost five years ago now and back in the Chicago area, very happy over here. When I left Orlando, I recall so many abandoned or vacant homes for sale in the Waterford Lakes area, around southeast of 50 and Alafaya. I hear the housing market coming back so I wonder if the smaller homes around there, many with just one-car garages for some reason, are making a comeback and what the property values were. I've been back twice to visit since I left, so I'm aware of all the new growth and construction, but no, I'm not thinking of moving back Great place to vacation, but if for some reason I were to move back, it would be along some coastline as a retiree, no longer inland. But for the time being I'm very happy being back in the Chicago area along with the four seasons. Just wondering how my old stomping grounds were doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 12:10 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
The real estate market there is really hot, especially under $300k. We made offers around Oviedo, Waterford, UCF. The first house we made an offer was $5k below asking, it just came on the market a couple days prior. We were told there are multiple offers already, so everyone needs to submit their best offer, we changed it to $1k above asking and we were turned down for a better offer. We ended up just checking new listings as soon as they came out and would make an offer over asking, sometimes $10k over asking and still would get turned down. It's really crazy right now in that price range, especially around the $250k range. One of the houses my friend really liked, we actually ran into the owner because she wasn't aware we were touring the property, said she is overwhelmed because she got 6 offers within 2 days of it being listed (that was the house we offered $10k over asking and still lost it). We finally got a house offering $18k over asking, which is a lot given the price range. What was really crazy is there were 2 other offers for the same price as us ($18k over), but what won us, well our friends the house was his flexibility to allow the current owners to rent the property until September.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:30 AM

85 posts, read 99,342 times
Seems to be somewhat affordable but it is still a nice area. I may buy soon.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:57 AM

66 posts, read 78,853 times
Question RE: Discussion Real estate in Orlando

Howdy, is this elevated listing and selling price of homes in Orlando for 2017 common in most neighborhoods or just Waterford? I was interested buying in the Conway/Boone HS district.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamigra001 View Post
Howdy, is this elevated listing and selling price of homes in Orlando for 2017 common in most neighborhoods or just Waterford? I was interested buying in the Conway/Boone HS district.
Around the $250k range, it will be competitive in most areas, the craziness only started maybe a couple months ago. However, it also depends on the home too. Some homes with bad floor plans will still sit on the market for awhile despite being in this price range. I do think Oviedo/UCF/Waterford is extra competitive though right now.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:39 AM

617 posts, read 832,856 times
Waterford is a desirable market and good houses go very fast. Investors are starting to come in to the areas of Waterford that you mentioned with the older homes and fixing them up.

For example, here's a flip that was completely renovated and taken off the market after 2 days with a pending offer. 219 Rapscallion Ct, Orlando, FL 32828 - realtor.com®

This is in one of those older neighborhoods where a lot of the houses have 1 car garages. There's still some outdated homes in here as this is a lower price point, but the values have certainly increased since 5 years ago.

Overall, Waterford is a solid market.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:17 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post
219 Rapscallion Ct, Orlando, FL 32828 - realtor.com®

Overall, Waterford is a solid market.
I just went on a 2 hour web search (haha I don't have time for this!) of Orlando properties, I used to live in Eastwood. I live in Miami now and I really miss the prices I saw on my search. I did like living there, thanks to this thread for bringing back memories.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I just went on a 2 hour web search (haha I don't have time for this!) of Orlando properties, I used to live in Eastwood. I live in Miami now and I really miss the prices I saw on my search. I did like living there, thanks to this thread for bringing back memories.
You should come back when you get bored of Miami

Old 05-26-2017, 09:29 AM

8 posts, read 7,413 times
ive lived here 37 yrs...have worked and lived in Waterford Lakes for five years. The area gets more crowded and congested every year. Dangerous parking lots. While at work, my car has been broken into twice in two years. Valuables taken both times. third time, I forgot to lock my car, returned to parking lot (only unlocked about five min.) to find my leather jacket already gone from front seat. So I was being observed. Thats typical in Waterford and my co workers share similar tales. In my place of business, police are called approx. three-4 x/month, due to out of control screaming customers, or actual fist fights and robberies. Most of my neighbors are renters, and hence have no pride in the home ...loud parties are a constant problem...some are UCF students who share a house .I do not recommend Waterford Lakes, for working or living....if you want a mid priced home there are far quieter more stable nicer areas . Try just north or just southwest of Orlando .

Last edited by ohanaonyx; 05-26-2017 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: detail

Old 05-26-2017, 09:48 AM

You should never leave any valuables in your car, Orlando isn't as bad as California, but even here you shouldn't leave stuff visible. In California, a homeless smashed a window to get my friend's 1 gallon juice from his back seat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando