Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 03:55 PM

9 posts, read 6,928 times

Advertisements

good luck frozenshores. i probably couldnt. unless i could count each family member as one. but that number is dropping as they are trying to leave.

but i'm sure others could. if you like it here, enjoy. everyone has own opinions and are free to share.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,248 times
i doubt the murder rate has really tripled; the truth is everyone is just exaggerating. i dont believe these facts or charts, i believe myself.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:09 PM

140 posts, read 429,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackquack View Post
Frozenshores. I throw you a challenge. Give me 10 good things that are good about Orlando.. I bet you can if you tried
thanks
I like your attitude, and your right, I could easily come up with ten good things about Orlando. However, the factors of a city that are most important to me are just not up to my standards here. When you've been to another similar sized city that is way better designed, you wish you lived there instead of here.
I realize everyone has their own personal values on what their city should be like, and it just happens that my values coincide with most of the western cities. My goal is only to expose the truth about Orlando so anyone who wants to move here has a fair warning before they do so.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:56 PM

4 posts, read 11,576 times
visited florida on numerous occassions , and had a wonderful time there , never knew crime was so bad until family members told me that its more to florida than the glitz and glamor of the amusement parks , night life , and entertainment , cause we love universal and disney and city walk and internationdrive and sea world and all that goes with that , well it seems that everytime we visit , we get stares from white guys , like they do wanna rob us or something , i feel its our vehicle that draws attention , just something my husband wanted and i got it for him , wasnt no big deal , but when we park we get stared at a lot by white guys , and they sometimes prance around our vehicle , or wait until we walk away, and its just so not trustworthy and im really just now noticing it , as we came back from vacation last week , its amazing tome , why some people just wanna hurt the next person for no reason or jealous of what they have , and kill for no reason , i use to watch first 48 and could not believe the crime that goes on , and its a mixture of everyone everywhere acting crazy and doing ignorant things.and believe it or not i was looking into moving to florida any one know any city suggestions or just stay away period and just visit from time to time , was looking into kissimmee /mount dora/tavares, any suggestions

Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 AM

621 posts, read 2,218,840 times
My guess is that a lot of this increase in crime has to do with budgetary issues. The city grew too fast and the policing can't keep up.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Frankly I'm hoping that the murder rates goes up REALLY high as all the gang bangers and meth heads kill each other off so the rest of us can live without that type of scourge in our communities.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:09 AM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,221 times
My mother lives in Kissimmee, and she's always telling me how crime has gotten so bad since she moved down there in 98, always thought she was just suffering from old age paranoia, but now after reading through this thread I guess she was right. Has anyone else noticed crime increasing in this area since, let's say the mid-to-late 90's

Old 10-19-2009, 07:42 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,869,415 times
just wanna say the Orlando metro area murder is down alot, only 49 so far and two months left, looks like they will end in 60's or early 70's this year. if the crime map is up to date

and the city of Orlando is only at 17, when it was at 38 last year at this time.

Miami Dade is at 205 for the year.

Last edited by somebodymiami; 10-19-2009 at 08:08 PM..

Old 10-19-2009, 09:45 PM

34 posts, read 83,655 times
Murder has definitely gone down in Central Florida, but other violent crimes have risen, such as home invasions. Those are some scary incidents, many leading to beatings and rapes. Over all crime does seem to be going back down, but those friggin home invasions are still a definite threat.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:05 AM

561 posts, read 1,923,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinoHeat View Post
but those friggin home invasions are still a definite threat.

...and those are the ones more likely to affect the average citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando