Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 06:28 AM

144 posts, read 187,415 times

Advertisements

From the brief information I can find, it seems there was a meeting on November 21 and it looks as though this road (if approved) will be right next to the Del Webb Sunbridge development they are building. Does anyone have any maps that pinpoint the area? This road will impact the Split Oak Mitigation forest. It seems as though it will be at the southern end of Split Oak, but I think that's where Del Webb is going to build. Would appreciate any information anyone can post. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2019, 03:03 PM

Well, after much research, I just came across this presentation which pretty much explains what I was looking for. Looks like the new Oscelo Parkway will have a tremendous impact on the new Del Webb Sunbridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Old 11-25-2019, 08:43 AM

268 posts, read 263,672 times
Thanks for posting this update.

It looks like this extension will be right adjacent to the Del Webb community. Are you concerned about the car noise it might bring to the area?

As far as I could see on the plans on the internet, the Del Webb community will extend from Cyrils Drive (east of Absher Rd) in the north all the way down to Jack Brack Road (a stretch of 1.7 miles). If you still consider buying in the Del Webb community, I would choose a property away from (i. e. not right next to) this extension road.

The advantage would be that the Dell Web community will be very well connected to 417 and 528 and to Orlando in the north and to 192 and the beaches in the south, avoiding the increasing traffic on Narcoossee Road.

There is lots of construction going on in this area, from Lake Nona all the way down to St. Cloud. It will be great to have this extension in order to deviate some of the traffic from Narcoossee Road.

Old 02-06-2021, 07:19 PM
hts

762 posts, read 2,165,081 times
Bump.

What's the latest on the Osceola Parkway extension.

We looked at Sunbridge today (2/6/2021) and the on-site sales agent said she believes it's been delayed "at least" a decade and that the last plan she saw had the extension running about 1 mile east of the phase 1 section they're currently selling.

Can anyone local to the area (we currently live in Austin and just flew out for the weekend to go house-hunting) and more up-to-date on the latest news regarding the parkway extension please comment? Thanks.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:37 AM

Hi. I am the original poster. What did you think of Sunbridge? Still haven't been there yet (vacations keep being cancelled due to Covid).....how far are they on the construction of the Clubhouse? Are they still in Phase 1. What did you think of the actual location? Would appreciate any insight.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:20 AM
hts

We flew out Thu night after work and returned last (Sun night).

We checked out the following communities:

Khov Four Seasons (this was our #1 choice via the internet, prior to visiting FL)
Esplanade at Highland Ranch (Taylor Morrison)
Trilogy (Shea)
Sunbridge (Del Webb)
Lakewood Ranch (yes, it's almost 2 hours south near Tampa, but given its success, we felt compelled to at least check it out to make sure we didn't miss anything)

We had zero intention of purchasing on this trip (we thought it might take us 2-3 trips to FL to finalize our community, house plan, lot, etc.), but fell in love with Sunbridge and actually contracted yesterday on our second visit there (we visited on Sat am too).

Love the (currently more rural) location out by Lake Nona and the airport (there definitely is some airport, noise), but equally important for us is the master plan that Tavistock has for Sunbridge (more than half of the total acreage will remain conservation/woodlands).

DW is doing a great job with the community landscaping and it looks beautiful. The amenity center will be amazing (looks like a slab is poured, but probably not scheduled for opening until early 2022). We drove down to Lakewood Ranch (twice actually, as the floorplan we ended up selecting is a model there and not at Sunbridge or any closer DW community), as it's about the same size (one is 24k SF and the other is 27k SF I believe) to the center/pool at Lakewood Ranch.

They're still selling Phase 1. They have approx. 10 lots currently released/available for sale across all three price groups (villas, 50' and 65') and I'm guessing they probably have another 40-50 lots they haven't priced out and released yet to round out Phase 1.

Old 02-09-2021, 03:54 PM

2,941 posts, read 4,134,727 times
FYI - this isn't an extension of Osceola Parkway. It's the Osceola Beltway around Lake Toho. It will eventually connect with a 4 lane Poinciana Parkway and continue through to I-4 and turn into 429.

Old 02-10-2021, 04:48 PM

hts: Thanks for your update. I too, have visited Four Seasons and Trilogy. Loved the amenity center at Trilogy but hated the homes. Loved the homes at 4 Seasons but wasn't that thrilled with clubhouse. I am intriqued by Lakewood Ranch, although I think the monthly costs will be high (tax wise, CDD, etc.). I'm in a beautiful community now in SC, but want to move closer to DW.....moving hubby again (we are originally from the tri-state area) is going to be difficult.

I'm guessing it's the Stellar or the Reverence you like? My favorite is the Renown followed by the Stellar. I've cancelled countless trips to the area (I am within 5 hours).....

Old 02-10-2021, 05:35 PM
hts

Yes, we were underwhelmed by the Khov 4 Seasons community unfortunately (love the Dominica model), but the overall community, entrance, amenity center, general landscaping, feel, etc., left us wanting much more.

We ended up with the Stellar. I wanted to go smaller (we've lived in 4500-6k SF feet homes for the past 20 years and I really want to downsize). The Renown is beautiful, and we debated it, but with 3 kids (1 in college, one back home with us while he takes a break from college, and the third a junior in high school heading off to college in 18 months), we didn't really want this next home to be so inviting and comfortable (the Renown has 2 guest rooms, each an ensuite) that the kids might be tempted to move back in and not want to leave lol. So we settled on the Stellar.

Sunbridge's amenity center will be 27k feet and I'm convinced will be beautiful. We toured the 24k SF amenity center in Lakewood Ranch and were impressed. We contracted on Sat and base prices have already gone up $4k. I'm not very familiar with the Orlando area at all, but I do feel like the Lake Nona (Sunbridge to a lesser degree) area is about to explode in the next 5-10 years and I'm glad we're getting in relatively early.

Old 02-11-2021, 06:37 AM

I envy you! We are in a beautiful gated community here in SC, but it costs a fortune for our adult children to fly in and out to visit. It's so inexpensive for them to fly in and out of Orlando (we still vacation as a family at WDW once a year)....it's a five hour drive for me and so inexpensive for the kids.

Hopefully I can convince hubby to pull up stakes again, although he will be lost without the golf course in our back yard........

By the way, do you know what their "Health, Wellness and Vitality Center" will be? It looks as though it is a separate building? Is it just a place to have fitness classes (yoga, pilates, Zumba, etc?) I can't seem to find out what exactly a Vitality center is.......

Thanks....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando