Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2021, 04:31 AM

786 posts, read 630,830 times

Advertisements

I finished my AA from Valencia a long time ago, transferred to FIU and am finishing my last class online this semester. My job in Miami had me on furlong for a while and now just closed down completely due to COVID, I just moved all my stuff back to Central Florida and now back here.

I've been applying for things online for a few months, but am in that weird employability status:
1) I cant qualify for internships due to my graduation date is in a few months and all internships are inly taking ongoing students.

2) I dont qualify for Recent Grad Jobs because I am finishing my final 3 credit hours right now on my Degree.

I'm 99.999% sure it will take me at least a few months to land something, so I was considering going back to Valencia and taking either Spanish or another foreign language just to keep my mind engaged... I'm only taking 1 class now and feel a little laziness creeping in, so I dont want to lose that academic conditioning.

Any current Valencia students taking classes know if foreign languages have gone hybrid or remote??? I would love the flexibility to switch from in class to fully remote if/when I land a full time job, especially since I'm looking at more out of state opportunities. When I left Valencia they were not really that good with hybrid courses, and I dont think any FL courses were online. I took a few Hybrid course at FIU that where not working out on my schedule and the professors just allowed me to go fully online and take the exams in the testing center pretty seamlessly.

Last edited by cfenn006; 02-18-2021 at 04:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 05:59 AM

66 posts, read 79,182 times
Question Valencia ping pong

I think returning to Valencia for any further courses other than trades training is redundant. Furthermore, if you are near completion of a B.A degree at F.i.U. you should of already completed all the foreign language requirements.

Old 02-25-2021, 02:57 PM

786 posts, read 630,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamigra001 View Post
I think returning to Valencia for any further courses other than trades training is redundant. Furthermore, if you are near completion of a B.A degree at F.i.U. you should of already completed all the foreign language requirements.

I know that, and yes all my degree requirements are met. I am going to have some free time for a few months and gaining competency in a foreign language from a college course or two is far better use of my time than playing around on the library apps learning a few phrases and vocabulary. It's not like I'm taking a Greek Mythology class, foreign languages can help you meet job requirements even if it's just basic/intermediate mastery.

It will also keep me somewhat academically conditioned if I decide to pursue a masters which I very well may do if I find work in this state and can take advantage of the in state tuition. Otherwise I may hold off a few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: