Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:46 PM

3 posts, read 14,042 times

Advertisements

I worked there for a little over a year and my statring pay was 12.65 as it was based on the experience level. I quite enjoyed the perks of working there as well as my friends and family. The only thing that was disturbing to me was the vast amount of mandatory overtime and the lack of regard for personal and family issues that arose. I only left because I had a knee surgery that kept me off longer than I expected then i got married and relocated to Minnesota. However I have reapplied and will accept a position there again if i'm recalled. I will admit the stress level does rise at times but i just saw it as a challenge that i was able to conquer time and time again. i got bonuses from $200 to $600 on a monthly basis so I really dont have much to complain about on the finance end. To each their own, don't knock it before you try it, free disney admission 12 times a yr for your number of dependents and spouse or significant other as well as half off on the resorts and freebies all yr at work and did i forget the amazing clearance sales where you can get like $500 worth of roxy, billabong and other designer clothing for about $100. i miss it and like i said would go back in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 06:09 PM

5 posts, read 18,476 times
hi,I have been offered the reservation sales agent position with disney to start very soon. I was wondering..after your training were you able to request days off? I am a season tkt holder for miami dolphins and most the games fall on sundays. were you able to switch days with someone else or request the days off? I'm worried b/c football season starts soon & wouldn't want to take the job and then not be able to go to my games...

Old 07-23-2010, 11:18 PM

135 posts, read 439,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslycj View Post
I worked there for a little over a year and my statring pay was 12.65 as it was based on the experience level. I quite enjoyed the perks of working there as well as my friends and family. The only thing that was disturbing to me was the vast amount of mandatory overtime and the lack of regard for personal and family issues that arose. I only left because I had a knee surgery that kept me off longer than I expected then i got married and relocated to Minnesota. However I have reapplied and will accept a position there again if i'm recalled. I will admit the stress level does rise at times but i just saw it as a challenge that i was able to conquer time and time again. i got bonuses from $200 to $600 on a monthly basis so I really dont have much to complain about on the finance end. To each their own, don't knock it before you try it, free disney admission 12 times a yr for your number of dependents and spouse or significant other as well as half off on the resorts and freebies all yr at work and did i forget the amazing clearance sales where you can get like $500 worth of roxy, billabong and other designer clothing for about $100. i miss it and like i said would go back in a heartbeat.
Where did you get those prices on those clothes?? I work for Disney as a bus driver and was just wondering where you got those prices? Are they at Company D or the Cast Connection?? My kids would be so happy to get these things at those prices. I have only been working there under 3 months so I dont know all the ins and outs yet! Thanks!

Old 07-24-2010, 03:07 PM

385 posts, read 1,403,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrodh View Post
Where did you get those prices on those clothes?? I work for Disney as a bus driver and was just wondering where you got those prices? Are they at Company D or the Cast Connection?? My kids would be so happy to get these things at those prices. I have only been working there under 3 months so I dont know all the ins and outs yet! Thanks!
I don't know about the name brands, but have you been to the Cast Connection yet? It's right next to the Magic Kingdom cast parking lot, across from the apartments there. They have some highly discounted discontinued Disney branded items, also you can get a lot of great deals on used resort dinnerware and used office supplies there. They also have a lot of the current merchandise, it's priced the same as in the park (and your cast discount of course), but it's more convenient sometimes than going into the park to get it. They also have a little trailer next door where they sell stuff that was turned into lost & found and never claimed, sometimes they have some really nice stuff there.

-Harry

Old 08-04-2010, 02:54 PM

when they have the clearance sales, they usually do them at the DRC so just keep checking they should be doing one soon

Old 08-04-2010, 02:57 PM

as soon as training is over you can check out the available time off section and submit away, usually on a first come first serve basis though other than that its very hard to get time off even if you ar your child or loved one is ill. they are true to the 3 minute late log in occurencces too even if they know you were there so be careful of that as well. try to be partially logged in at least 2-3 minutes ahead of time every day

Old 09-01-2010, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,507 times
Have never posted here, but I am in search of information on The Tampa office. Does anyone know the location of the Tampa office? i would like to go put in an application and get an interview.

My Name is Tamaka (Tameeka) thanks.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:15 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.armor View Post
Hi All!

First-time poster here. I just found this forum last week! There's so much here! Wow! Although, a lot of the posts come across as very negative, I'm going to see what happens here.

I am thinking about taking a job at the Walt Disney World Call Center in Orlando. I am married with two small children.

I would prefer to only hear responses from either 1)those that know first-hand because they actually work there, or 2)those who are very close to someone who works there.

My question: Can a Reservations Sales Agent make enough money to support a family in Orlando/Orlando outskirts (Auburndale looks nice)? If so, how easy is it if you have strong sales experience and abilities? What percentage of the agents there are making the "big bucks?"

I keep hearing that you can do really well at this job (doubling your base wage or more after commissions). How true is this?

I'll take as much info as you can give. Thanks!!
I personally would not. I have known several people who work there. They are inflexible and the pay doesn't match the demands. I work for a telecommunications company and do better in my first months there then people who have been at the Disney call center for years.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:52 AM

1 posts, read 4,302 times
I just passed ,my first interview with DRC in Orlando. She sounded very "disneylike" on the phone, in other words, very fake. She basically said that I needed to be available to them Monday - Sunday from 6:30 am to 11:30 pm, like a doctor who is constantly on call except without the great pay. She also said that I will need to work 10 hour shifts.

I must admit, I have been considering this position only because I have 2 kids who love Disney and the benefits sound nice. After reading all the posts on here however, It does seem like a modern day sweat shop where you are expected to produce like a machine and not given the individual respect you deserve. For $8.71 per hour, it's just not worth it. I'd rather wait on tables and make twice that.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:33 PM

63 posts, read 287,350 times
Would be interested to hear more stories as well. Live nearby to the Tampa call center and am wondering - do newbies HAVE to take the later shifts? I can handle weekends now and then but not late nigts. I have 2 small kids who need help at night.

And did I see someone mention 10 hour days? I would be up for that as long as its 4 ten hour days? Any info on that? I didn't see any jobs available just now on their site?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando