Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:23 AM

631 posts, read 2,451,582 times

Advertisements

I am not too fond of the owners because they come off as a little bigoted towards anyone other than White Christians, Lawless Subs in Altamonte is the best subs I have had outside of Chicago. I know Chicago isn't know for subs, but they have some that will blow your mind and Lawless is just about as good.

Just don't come in with a Marilyn Manson shirt on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenAroundTheBlock View Post
I think the best Philly cheesesteaks is at Brianto's in Avalon Park. Being from Philly, it's the real deal.
Brianto's is the best hoagie by far in Orlando. It is truly a godsend for a place like Orlando that lacks quality eateries.

Brianto's Original Hoagies

Old 07-22-2009, 11:00 AM

129 posts, read 246,449 times
Thanks all, for your input.
I have jotted some down and can't wait to try them out.
While mom and pop shops are a great find when you do find one, I am just looking for a good sandwich, be it from Firehouse or Mama B's. Just cause it's a chain doesn't mean it can't have good food.
Don't get me wrong I love finding the hole-in-the-wall places but alot of those have bad food also.
So in the end I just want...good food

Old 07-22-2009, 11:39 AM

111 posts, read 342,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Shhhhhhh!! That one is a secret!! The lines are long enough as it is!!

Just don't tell them about Chico's on the corner of Tampa and Central!

LOL...I am surprised that somebody else actually knows about Mama Mia's!!! When I was going to college, I worked at a warehouse on that side of town. Mama Mia's was my lunch stop every other day!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Jack Benny's in Minneola, most people like Sonny's which is a chain with multiple locations, and the king of BBQ in the area is Brodus in Groveland, only open Friday and Saturday. Get there early they always sell out, and it's only available "to-go."
Brodus is a good place. I used to work with the lady who's family owned the place (she was a real estate agent as well at the time). She told me at one point, they were going to package that BBQ sauce and sell it. I wonder if that ever happened?

Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Davis View Post
LOL...I am surprised that somebody else actually knows about Mama Mia's!!! When I was going to college, I worked at a warehouse on that side of town. Mama Mia's was my lunch stop every other day!!!

Around here it's Mama Mia's for lunch and Dave's Place for after work lol.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:43 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Davis View Post
Brodus is a good place. I used to work with the lady who's family owned the place (she was a real estate agent as well at the time). She told me at one point, they were going to package that BBQ sauce and sell it. I wonder if that ever happened?
I think you can buy it at the Clermotn and Groveland area Publix stores.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I think you can buy it at the Clermotn and Groveland area Publix stores.
If that is the case, then good for them. They are good people and deserve the success that comes their way!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:13 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
OK..so I was at the Publix and decided to try the subs. They are OK. they are deli sandwiches... They are good , and will do.

I have to say, tho, my moms gets a cheese hoagie (or sub) usually and no word of a lie, we got her a half size (half a roll) and they called it a 'veggie' and put TWO slices of cheese on it, one slice american and one slice of provolone. I said, "is that all the cheese you get on a cheese sub?" and she said, "yes". No option for extra or anything there. So that was a major disappointment. Like getting a turkey sub with two slices of turkey on it.

Also, when I asked for sweet peppers, she asked me what kind. I kindly said, "If you have to ask me , then I am certain you don' t have them". She said, we have these banana peppers. I said, well, aren't those hot? She said, not too hot. I said, well, they certainly aren't sweet then, are they? LOL...

But the up side, the bread was very fresh, and good. The boar's head deli meats are good (we have that in Philly also, but Thumann's is better). I could get white american cheese - also good. I didn't mind the shredded lettuce - that was OK. No one puts mustard on a hoagie. Oil or Mayo only...lol! I realize the mustard is more for the cuban sandwiches - which I need to try, I hear they are really good also!

So, as far as them being a good sandwich at Publix, they are a good sandwich, but they are not a real hoagie or true sub. They don't have the correct ingredients to make one - sorry! But it is a good fresh sammy!

Old 07-22-2009, 03:30 PM

42 posts, read 285,765 times
Based on the info here, my hubby and I tried Duffy's last week. It was great - I had their buffalo chicken and he had a turkey. We both had the sweet potato fries. Hubby says it's the best sub he ever had. I won't go that far but it was yummy and the 3 different choices of fries (regular, curly, and sweet potato). Thanks guys! Definitely looking forward to trying some more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando