Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 05:37 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times

Advertisements

Look on e-bay for a replacement, I'll bet you'll find one, and it will cost a LOT less than $240. And you might keep your room clean, but do you really think a girl is going to go hang out in your parents messy house in your room? Sorry, but reality check says no way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 05:58 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Question back to the topic at hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Hang in there Davie89. Dont worry about these materialistic girls. They're all from NY, Connecticut or Massachusetts anyway. Go up to GA, NC or TN and get you one of those fine southern girls, and believe me, they are a HE// of a lot nicer (in general) than the plastic rude ones here in FL.
I've had the pleasure of meeting many southern girls, while they are very nice and less materialistic, I have yet to find one who was physically attractive *perhaps my standards may be too high but idk* and i find i dont have too much in common with them

i've been around the materialistic people so much through my life ive become that way myself to an extent. i seem to be into a lot of things that they are (latest music, nice material things, etc) perhaps its because i live in hunters creek.

let not make this thread about me anymore.

does anybody still have faith in the dating pool here? ive heard a mixture of things saying that orlando is a great place for singles, another saying it is one of the worst

what is the single orlandian's take on this?

Old 12-26-2009, 06:45 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,927 times
I was Orlando's most eligable batchelor from 2001-2008. I can idententify with what you're saying so here's my 50 cent

When I first started working in O town, my job gave me a social circle which allowed me to have an "in" with many women. So I had my fun although nothing long term came of it. Then I hit a rough patch in 2006, and left in 2008.During that time women dropped down a few places on the priority list

My take on it is that if you are in the right circle of folks, the going is easier than if you come in as a "outsider". Unless you are a certified mack, it is relativley difficult to snatch a relationship out of thin air (but not impossible).

I also have a thing for latina women, but again found that you had to have some kind of "inside track" to get anywhere.

Based on what I'm seeing you write, I would say your headspace is in the wrong place to be worrying about dating right now. You claim you are moving anyway so why worry about dating now. Get yourself together first, acheive the goals you are striving to achieve and your confidence level should skyrocket Then you'll be posting to tell us "playas" how it should be done!

Good luck and may everything work out for you

Best

Old 12-26-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
I was Orlando's most eligable batchelor from 2001-2008. I can idententify with what you're saying so here's my 50 cent

When I first started working in O town, my job gave me a social circle which allowed me to have an "in" with many women. So I had my fun although nothing long term came of it. Then I hit a rough patch in 2006, and left in 2008.During that time women dropped down a few places on the priority list

My take on it is that if you are in the right circle of folks, the going is easier than if you come in as a "outsider". Unless you are a certified mack, it is relativley difficult to snatch a relationship out of thin air (but not impossible).

I also have a thing for latina women, but again found that you had to have some kind of "inside track" to get anywhere.

Based on what I'm seeing you write, I would say your headspace is in the wrong place to be worrying about dating right now. You claim you are moving anyway so why worry about dating now. Get yourself together first, acheive the goals you are striving to achieve and your confidence level should skyrocket Then you'll be posting to tell us "playas" how it should be done!

Good luck and may everything work out for you

Best
It still bothers me though that its Saturday night and Im spending it sitting here alone, on my computer on this forum. Im sick of all the jokes people make

I would like to have something short term or at least a friend with benefits. Thats another thing (Im sick and tired of being made fun of for never getting any) But most women seem frigid towards me. Especially latinas they seem to hate white men

I have a puerto rican male friend who took me to obt one night about a month ago near central fl pkwy where all the food carts set up and everybody seems to gather there after the clubs let out and have some food. I felt so out of place there because I didnt speak any spanish, my friend encouraged me to talk to some girls but I wussed out. I was the only white person there.

Im not racist but I wouldnt go back to a place like that without a hispanic friend who speaks spanish. Id probably get jumped or something. A lot of the men who were there all gave me dirty looks anyways

Old 12-26-2009, 09:08 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
It still bothers me though that its Saturday night and Im spending it sitting here alone, on my computer on this forum. Im sick of all the jokes people make

I would like to have something short term or at least a friend with benefits. Thats another thing (Im sick and tired of being made fun of for never getting any) But most women seem frigid towards me. Especially latinas they seem to hate white men

I have a puerto rican male friend who took me to obt one night about a month ago near central fl pkwy where all the food carts set up and everybody seems to gather there after the clubs let out and have some food. I felt so out of place there because I didnt speak any spanish, my friend encouraged me to talk to some girls but I wussed out. I was the only white person there.

Im not racist but I wouldnt go back to a place like that without a hispanic friend who speaks spanish. Id probably get jumped or something. A lot of the men who were there all gave me dirty looks anyways
Hey man, stay away from those places. Too many punks and idiots at places like that. If you feel out of your element, it's probably best to just stay away from it (I'm referring to the clubs you mentioned above).

I'm married, and I am so glad that I am for a number of reasons, but I would have a hard time in Orlando if I were single. I just cant stand the way many of them act. I've met some nice and cute girls that I would ask out (if I werent married), but for the most part, not a great place for singles, at least, ones that are nice and down to earth. I spent a lot of time in and around Asheville NC and Knoxville TN (UT), and the girls there - in my opinion - are hotter and much, much friendlier. So it's not necessarily you or your fault. Keep your eyes peeled for some hotties that are also nice and friendly - leave the stuck up ones for the moron with a $700 leased car and sh1tty apartment while going broke trying to impress. Places like clubs and bars are NOT the best place to meet girls either, IMO.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:21 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,348,207 times
Quote:
But most women seem frigid towards me.
Then maybe it's time to start looking inward instead of blaming everything due to none of the women living up to your standards (physically, mentally, emotionally, etc.).

Quote:
Keep your eyes peeled for some hotties that are also nice and friendly
I hate to be blunt but this guy isn't going to get "hotties" If he was the kind of guy that attracted hotties...well, he said it himself, he wouldn't be at home on a Saturday night on the computer. But maybe if he took a step back and scaled back on his expectations just a tick, he could probably meet a nice, normal girl who while maybe not playboy centerfold material, would end up being a very cute and attractive girl in his eyes.

But DavieJ89, if every girl you want to connect with has to look like Jessica Alba or something similar first, you've got a lot of long, lonely nights ahead of you...

P.S. Just went back and looked at your photo. You're a pretty cute guy - but I would maybe lose the argyle sweater (lol) I don't know, maybe you're just trying to hard...if you ignore them, they will come ;o)

Old 12-26-2009, 09:21 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,467 times
From your photo it looks like you're doing well with those two girls from Hooters. As strange as it may sound sometimes its easier to date in the smaller towns. Years ago I lived in a rather small town outside of Nashville, TN and it was VERY easy meeting women in that area (close to Kentucky). They were very friendly, usually pretty, and comfortable in any environment. That area had its share of other problems (lower income, cold winters, tornados in the spring)but the women are very approachable up there and in other nearby states like Kentucky and Missouri.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
From your photo it looks like you're doing well with those two girls from Hooters. As strange as it may sound sometimes its easier to date in the smaller towns. Years ago I lived in a rather small town outside of Nashville, TN and it was VERY easy meeting women in that area (close to Kentucky). They were very friendly, usually pretty, and comfortable in any environment. That area had its share of other problems (lower income, cold winters, tornados in the spring)but the women are very approachable up there and in other nearby states like Kentucky and Missouri.
and toothless prehaps too? lol jk my experiences with southern grils attidues were good but i dont have much in common with them. im a damn connecticut yankee, suppose i always wil lbe no matter how long i live in florida

Old 12-26-2009, 09:48 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
and toothless prehaps too? lol jk my experiences with southern grils attidues were good but i dont have much in common with them. im a damn connecticut yankee, suppose i always wil lbe no matter how long i live in florida

Hahaha... no they still have their teeth. You dam Connecticut yankee, j/k LOL!

Old 12-26-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Hahaha... no they still have their teeth. You dam Connecticut yankee, j/k LOL!
Im quite the gentleman for a northerner. Having spent almsot my entire childhood and meeting a mixture of good ol fashioned rednecks and ;iberal northerners my values are quite mixed.

but as far as dating is concerned im like the good ole fashioned southern gentleman with the sexual aggression of a northerner. lol too personal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando