Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 10:40 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,101,441 times

Advertisements

What happens is, a lot of decent guys underestimate and undervalue themselves, and overthink and overdo situations. Then they blow it by trying too hard when all they really had to do was be cool and not mess the situation up!

Orlando is as good a place as any to meet women. The one common denominator any where you go is you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 10:52 PM

Watch this before you go out next time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmcJ7Zg5ko

Old 12-27-2009, 05:46 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
I think mongo is right--part of the problem is that you are planning on leaving soon to Las Vegas. if I were a potential date an you told me that, I'd move on--why invest any time in a guy that's making it clear from the start that he's out of here soon.

And you can't go looking for a "friend with benefits" unless you want to go visit the working girls on South OBT. Friends with benefits find you--it's organic and can't be forced. If a guy told me "Hey. "I'm Bob and I'm moving to Las Vegas soon, but until then I'm looking for a friend with benefits, want to go out?" I'd probably dump a drink over his head.

In all honesty you seem like a nice guy, but you've got a pretty skewed interpretation of what women are interested in. We want a guy who can take care of us but still allow us independence. We want a guy who is interested in us for more than sex. We want a guy who is looking for a long term relationship, not a roll in the hay.

You fail on every count.

You can't take care of yourself (still live at home) so can't take care of us.
You want a friend with benefits (ie only interested in a booty call)
You are moving to the other side of the country in a few months, so aren't remotely interested in looking for a long term relationship.

Please don't take any of this the wrong way, it's constructive criticism. My guess is that once you get to LV and get settled into a place of your own, things will change for you.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:47 AM

IMO, Orlando is a great place if he is looking for just a fling. Remember, this is a tourist town, very transient. I had my share when I first moved there.

If that is all he is looking for, he should just concentrate on places like City Walk, I Drive, and Downtown Disney (PI used to be an effin' gold mine) plenty of ladies on vacation open for a little action.

He should just be honest about his situation, to let them know he is not looking for anything long term. There are women out there who just want a fling; you just need to approach it the right way. As for the living with parents part, hey, that's what hotels are for (and backseats)

I know the married, moral police on this board are gonna hate on what I've just said, but if thats what one is looking for, who are you to judge. Just make sure to practice safer sex.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:30 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times
And I'd also question moving to LV. If you want to, that's cool, not gonna knock it. But I think you may run into the same type of women there - probably even worse.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:42 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,699,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
It still bothers me though that its Saturday night and Im spending it sitting here alone, on my computer on this forum. Im sick of all the jokes people make

I would like to have something short term or at least a friend with benefits. Thats another thing (Im sick and tired of being made fun of for never getting any) But most women seem frigid towards me. Especially latinas they seem to hate white men

I have a puerto rican male friend who took me to obt one night about a month ago near central fl pkwy where all the food carts set up and everybody seems to gather there after the clubs let out and have some food. I felt so out of place there because I didnt speak any spanish, my friend encouraged me to talk to some girls but I wussed out. I was the only white person there.

Im not racist but I wouldnt go back to a place like that without a hispanic friend who speaks spanish. Id probably get jumped or something. A lot of the men who were there all gave me dirty looks anyways

Don't go out there man. those places are full of trashy classless people. hit up the bars over here in the Oviedo/UCF/Waterford Lakes area (anywhere along alafaya). The girls are so hot here, even tho a lot of them seem fake and materialistic, that doesn't mean they're all *******. A lot of them are pretty cool. I've had some good expieriences

Old 12-27-2009, 08:54 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Don't go out there man. those places are full of trashy classless people. hit up the bars over here in the Oviedo/UCF/Waterford Lakes area (anywhere along alafaya). The girls are so hot here, even tho a lot of them seem fake and materialistic, that doesn't mean they're all *******. A lot of them are pretty cool. I've had some good expieriences

GLS, once again, we agree. I also told him not to go to those places filled with a crowd of classless, trashy, gangster wannabee's.

Go to Waterford Lks/Avalon and the UCF area. I totally agree. Although as GLS mentioned, you're gonna run into a fair share of the materialistic ones, they're might be some good ones mixed in too.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:20 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I think mongo is right--part of the problem is that you are planning on leaving soon to Las Vegas. if I were a potential date an you told me that, I'd move on--why invest any time in a guy that's making it clear from the start that he's out of here soon.

And you can't go looking for a "friend with benefits" unless you want to go visit the working girls on South OBT. Friends with benefits find you--it's organic and can't be forced. If a guy told me "Hey. "I'm Bob and I'm moving to Las Vegas soon, but until then I'm looking for a friend with benefits, want to go out?" I'd probably dump a drink over his head.

In all honesty you seem like a nice guy, but you've got a pretty skewed interpretation of what women are interested in. We want a guy who can take care of us but still allow us independence. We want a guy who is interested in us for more than sex. We want a guy who is looking for a long term relationship, not a roll in the hay.

You fail on every count.

You can't take care of yourself (still live at home) so can't take care of us.
You want a friend with benefits (ie only interested in a booty call)
You are moving to the other side of the country in a few months, so aren't remotely interested in looking for a long term relationship.

Please don't take any of this the wrong way, it's constructive criticism. My guess is that once you get to LV and get settled into a place of your own, things will change for you.
I can take care of myself. My parents place is just a place where I sleep, and Im only living here so I can get money saved up to move. Until I moved back home 2 weeks ago I had been on my own for nearly 2 years.

I actually moved out on my own before I graduated high school and was working 40 hours a week while finishing high school with no car, and had to walk 4 miles home in the dark several times down John Young Parkway, getting home around 1 am, before having to get up at 6 to catch the lynx bus again to school

I was eventually able to get a bicycle and used that as means to get to work until I bought my car in march of this year. After I bought my car I was forking over $350 for my share of rent, $235 insurance $25 a week on gas, $40 a week in groceries, $55 a month for my cell phone, and $80 a month in credit card payments all while making $9 an hour 28-35 hours week. If I was able to pull that off I think that classifies me as being able to take care of myself wouldnt you say? So dont assume that just because I live at home emans I cant take care of myself. The same includes you agreeing that my car is messed up because of the one wheel. True it would look more presentable but with the exception of that one girl, I havent met any other girls who were bothered by it. I still get complements on my car from lots of people who are surprised I can afford it

You doing this makes you no better then the shallow judgemental 18-21 yr old grls I have met in my life

Wanting friends with benefits is a bad thing? Just like mongo said, who are you to judge what I want?

Old 12-27-2009, 09:22 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I know about King Tut's and Meridian any other suggestions for me?

Old 12-27-2009, 09:22 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I can take care of myself. My parents place is just a place where I sleep, and Im only living here so I can get money saved up to move. Until I moved back home 2 weeks ago I had been on my own for nearly 2 years.

I actually moved out on my own before I graduated high school and was working 40 hours a week while finishing high school with no car, and had to walk 4 miles home in the dark several times down John Young Parkway, getting home around 1 am, before having to get up at 6 to catch the lynx bus again to school

I was eventually able to get a bicycle and used that as means to get to work until I bought my car in march of this year. After I bought my car I was forking over $350 for my share of rent, $235 insurance $25 a week on gas, $40 a week in groceries, $55 a month for my cell phone, and $80 a month in credit card payments all while making $9 an hour 28-35 hours week. If I was able to pull that off I think that classifies me as being able to take care of myself wouldnt you say? So dont assume that just because I live at home emans I cant take care of myself. The same includes you agreeing that my car is messed up because of the one wheel. True it would look more presentable but with the exception of that one girl, I havent met any other girls who were bothered by it. I still get complements on my car from lots of people who are surprised I can afford it

You doing this makes you no better then the shallow judgemental 18-21 yr old grls I have met in my life

Wanting friends with benefits is a bad thing? Just like mongo said, who are you to judge what I want?

Like I said, constructive criticism. You are obviously to immature to understand what that means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando