Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 06:38 AM

429 posts, read 1,105,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Hang in there Davie89. Dont worry about these materialistic girls. They're all from NY, Connecticut or Massachusetts anyway. Go up to GA, NC or TN and get you one of those fine southern girls, and believe me, they are a HE// of a lot nicer (in general) than the plastic rude ones here in FL.
Dude, you really think all us people from NY/CT/MA/NJ are terrible in every way don't you? Terrible drivers, terrible woman... what else ?

You seriously are just buying into stereotypes, or just creating them in your head. Stop watching that damn Jersey Shore Show! LOL

and to the OP, I'm married before I live here, but I found myself like you in both California and parts of NY before I stopped worrying so much about meeting people, just acted like myself and then I met girls, and eventually, my wife
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 09:04 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
i agree with you...its just the way women in our country were conditioned...just look at the TV shows and magazines that are out that teach them what success really is...lol...they are so decieved it seems and its sad because they pass up great men all the time but they dont realize it and the dude never gets a chance to show her what a real man is like
you my friend...have hit the nail on the head

it amazes me how many girls would rather date a man who could take them shopping and buy them things

i know one girl who is so bad she wont date a man if he doesnt carry a black american express card!

Old 12-28-2009, 09:29 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
You also need to realize that people tend to stick within their own socio-economic situation when forming social and romantic relationships. A woman who grew up wearing designer clothing and traveling the world, who attended an Ivy League college and spent their junior year studying in Europe is living in a different world than a guy who grew up in a typical middle class suburb and went to a typical college.

That same typical guy is probably not going to be interested in dating a woman who grew up in a ghetto, dropped out of high school at 16, and works as a maid in a motel over on South OBT.

And I freely admit it--I would not have dated a man who was a drop out in a dead end job. We have nothing in common. Our educational backgrounds, life experiences, and long-term goals are very different from each other.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:35 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,513,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
you my friend...have hit the nail on the head

it amazes me how many girls would rather date a man who could take them shopping and buy them things

i know one girl who is so bad she wont date a man if he doesnt carry a black american express card!
Sure that can be true in some cases, but there will be men out there that won't date a woman because she doesn't look like she could be on the cover a magazine .

It seems like a lot of you guys are roping us women into one stereotype.. everyone is looking for something different, you just have to wait to meet the right person.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
Sure that can be true in some cases, but there will be men out there that won't date a woman because she doesn't look like she could be on the cover a magazine .

It seems like a lot of you guys are roping us women into one stereotype.. everyone is looking for something different, you just have to wait to meet the right person.
im not liek those guys. that would be my friend michael. girls i think are gorgeous he thinks are "just all-right" but then again he can get any girl he wants. i cant

Old 12-28-2009, 09:05 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,349,261 times
Ugh...tell Michael that people age and beauty fades and if he just trades "up" to a younger prettier version, then one day he'll be too old and wrinkly to keep trading up...unless of course he's rich and can just buy his way in...

Old 12-28-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
Ugh...tell Michael that people age and beauty fades and if he just trades "up" to a younger prettier version, then one day he'll be too old and wrinkly to keep trading up...unless of course he's rich and can just buy his way in...
hes a good looking guy

he will most likely become very rich so i wont be surprised if hes still banging 20 yr old girls by the time he's hugh hefner's age gross!!!!

until then he has his looks, confidence and "swagga" going for him

Old 12-28-2009, 11:15 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You also need to realize that people tend to stick within their own socio-economic situation when forming social and romantic relationships. A woman who grew up wearing designer clothing and traveling the world, who attended an Ivy League college and spent their junior year studying in Europe is living in a different world than a guy who grew up in a typical middle class suburb and went to a typical college.

That same typical guy is probably not going to be interested in dating a woman who grew up in a ghetto, dropped out of high school at 16, and works as a maid in a motel over on South OBT.

And I freely admit it--I would not have dated a man who was a drop out in a dead end job. We have nothing in common. Our educational backgrounds, life experiences, and long-term goals are very different from each other.

i wouldn't say the goals are different ...i would say the path was different....it is that kind of thinking that society needs to change..that is the "success" factor i am talking about that has been conditioned in us by TV and radio....instead of focusing on the man or woman we see where they are in life and judge them because they haven't gotten to where others are yet ....not alot of people i know actually "want" those dead end jobs but alot of them have no other choice right now...

there are only a certain amount of jobs available and u take what u can get right now....judge the man or woman on what morals they value and what kind of heart they have towards people....goals are something everyone has but alot of people are just not there yet ...or have lost thier dreams due to disaster in the family or in other aspects of life....i would never walk up to a homeless man and say that he simply didnt have enough ambition or motivation to complete goals...we are all thrown different obstacles in life and there is no clear starting place or finish in life..it's about how you treat those people around you in your path...

lets get away from this success and material conditioning that society values so much and lets pay the bills and treat our family good by giving them our time and love...and if u aint got family love those in your path....i would rather spend my time volunteering to help people for free than getting a second job to help my financial situation because that financial situation can be taken from you like Hurricane Katrina took from those people....God bless

Old 12-29-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
i wouldn't say the goals are different ...i would say the path was different....it is that kind of thinking that society needs to change..that is the "success" factor i am talking about that has been conditioned in us by TV and radio....instead of focusing on the man or woman we see where they are in life and judge them because they haven't gotten to where others are yet ....not alot of people i know actually "want" those dead end jobs but alot of them have no other choice right now...

there are only a certain amount of jobs available and u take what u can get right now....judge the man or woman on what morals they value and what kind of heart they have towards people....goals are something everyone has but alot of people are just not there yet ...or have lost thier dreams due to disaster in the family or in other aspects of life....i would never walk up to a homeless man and say that he simply didnt have enough ambition or motivation to complete goals...we are all thrown different obstacles in life and there is no clear starting place or finish in life..it's about how you treat those people around you in your path...

lets get away from this success and material conditioning that society values so much and lets pay the bills and treat our family good by giving them our time and love...and if u aint got family love those in your path....i would rather spend my time volunteering to help people for free than getting a second job to help my financial situation because that financial situation can be taken from you like Hurricane Katrina took from those people....God bless
You my friend have hit the nail on the head yet again!

Last edited by DavieJ89; 12-29-2009 at 12:31 AM..

Old 12-29-2009, 04:29 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
Quote:
The person working for minimum wage lives for today. The person in a professional position lives for the future. I have friends that work dead-end jobs, but I wouldn't consider marrying them because we live in different worlds. I always had a rule of thumb that I wouldn't date someone that wasn't potential "marriage" material.

Quote:
My husband was dead broke when we began dating, but he had an engineering degree and good credit which allowed him to live for the future. It's a different mindset.

Quote:
Actually Hurricane Katrina took from the poor. I have friends in NOLA who left town and came back to largely intact and non-flooded homes. And one crazy friend who stayed. The one friend who lost everything had insurance that covered enough of his losses to get him back on his feet.

Don't get me wrong, it's NOT all about having material possessions, but I wouldn't date or marry someone who couldn't afford to take me out for a cup of coffee--that persons lifestyle is just too radically different from mine, and again, the worlds wouldn't mesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando