Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:06 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
i guess you're right.....people are sick minded....i mean i was a responsible dude before i lost my job but that didnt matter to the ones i was with and your statement confirms my beliefs and helps me to understand why i would rather be single and live my life being true to my values and morals
It sounds to me like your girlfriend was a jerk. She cehated on you. that has nothing to do with being materialistic, etc. That is just a *****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
OH please. Some people have bad luck, others attract people like them. I have a feeling DavieJ89 belongs to the second group. An intelligent woman would not date a guy that talks about women in such a condescending manner. First he says most women fat and ugly, then dumb and superficial and finally he just wants to used them and throw them away after he moves. The way he speaks about his friend "Michael" like he is some kind of god also is a red flag. In his case it is important, because can only attract superficial women like him.

i hear ya....i cant speak for him ..i guess ive just had some bad luck in more than one phase of my life...thanx for the reply

Old 12-29-2009, 08:17 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You are missing the point ENTIRELY. He was broke (ie not much cash flow) but not in debt. He had good credit and an engineering degree. He had the tools to succeed in life. (And despite his finances, he had enough cash to buy me a cup of coffee and lived in a decent apartment in a safe neighborhood.) I wouldn't date a guy working in a dead-end job mopping floors who had dropped out of high school and had no prospects in life. That is a person who is not in the same socio-economic group as I am, nor will he probably ever be.

Love isn't everything. I wouldn't be happy living in a studio apartment scraping by, even with someone I loved. I don't need a mansion in Isleworth, but to be happy I need a comfortable home in a nice neighborhood, and enough money to pay my bills every month.

It's not a matter of being materialistic, it's a matter of being honest. How many people living one paycheck from homelessness do you think are truly happy?

And knowing that X-Ray techs are in high demand in some areas, she was a dumbass for not securing a job and moving. She was living at home and could have found a job waittressing or something to save cash to move once she found a career job. I've made several major moves to other states in my life, and it's just not all that expensive to do.
i know what u are saying and we seem to come from way different classes of people ....but i do actually know people ...people that i was roomates with before i left florida 2 months ago..we were a check away from being on the streets and that is why i moved ....it was tough like that for months ...but through all of that struggle....we became the best friends we ever had....i mean we would have fun without having cable tv ..we would drink a few beers with the neighbors and play cards and stuff and it was always a great time joking around even through the financial issues..we made jokes about eating rice again...lol...and growing up i didnt know the difference of poor and rich when i was in the food stamp line with my dad and when we were living in a station wagon for a few months...my dad made us laugh as kids and we had some good memories and i didnt realize i was poor until i got older and looked back at it...so i just think differently than you do but that doesnt make you bad though just different ..i just look for the heart of people mostly instead of the heart and what stability there will be

Old 12-29-2009, 08:21 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
i like this "live with your parents" thing...we have been conditioned to think its a bad thing...well there are different types of people who live with thier parents..they arent all scum...lol...how can you even say someone is not worthy if they live with parents?....i mean..i knowmore people right now that have to do that because of this economy andguess what it will be the norm soon because this economy is getting worse with all the outscourcing of jobs...where did u learn that living with parents is wrong?...im not condoning everyone to do it but some people have to and they shouldnt be judged as being lesser than the next person.....so where and who taught you of this idea that living with parents is bad?....its all society conditioning us through tv and radio....study the illuminati and u will see where this all actually comes from
It's not just the living with parents thing. It's the wants a friend with benefits, wants his dates to look like a Hooters girl, and is planning on moving in a few months. That's not a guy who wants a relationship, it's a guy who wants to use a woman for sex. He should just make it easy and find a "girlfriend" on South OBT.

And frankly, I haven't dated a guy who lived with his parents since right after high school with one exception. One guy moved back home after his dad died to be with his elderly mother who was terminally ill. She died within a few months of him moving in. While I agree that there are times that people live at home for a valid reason, they're going to need to accept that it makes them not exactly primo dating material.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,469,309 times
This dating scene problem isn't just an Orlando thing. I know single people who have said the same thing about Miami, Atlanta and NYC. Orlando isn't unique in this problem.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:27 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
You want a fling, "friends with benefits", but she has to look like a hooter's girl and be able to carry a conversation? And on top of that you live with your parents?? I think the person that asked you if you were sure you were a good catch yourself "hit the nail on the head"
now you're making assumptions about my picture? i wouldnt date a hotters girl. that picture was taken on my birthday and was just for fun so dont make any assumptions about girls i liek through a picutre that was taken with two waitresses

Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,349,725 times
Quote:
i wouldnt date a hotters girl.

Ha-ha, Freudian slip?

Old 12-29-2009, 12:15 PM

631 posts, read 2,452,700 times
Well I can tell you that if you are a remotely attractive gay male, this city is a dream city for you. I am being serious and not facetious.

I have to LOL @ the girls in TN are nicer, better looking,etc. I grew up there, and know better. If you like 80s perms, blue jean jackets and smokers then yes, TN has some great girls. Otherwise, the ones in Nashville are as snooty as they come. Please... in Nashville if you aren't from Belle Meade, Brentwood, Franklin and don't come from money or a have a family member in the music biz then you are nothing. That's the nightlife in Nashville...if ever there were such a faux pretentious city, it's Nashville. PS: Nashville is mainly composed of ex NY and CA people these days...

Old 12-29-2009, 12:39 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
Ha-ha, Freudian slip?
u no what i meant i wouldnt date a *hooters* girls

Old 12-29-2009, 12:43 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,349,725 times
Okay, well let's discuss that. Why wouldn't you date a Hooters girl? They're not hookers. They are just making an honest living like you are. Why the apprehension?

I'm honestly not trying to give you a hard time but the title of this thread was Orlando's dating pool...you eliminate so many different types of woman you should have titled it Orlando's dating puddle...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando