Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:37 AM

26 posts, read 103,712 times

Advertisements

I am so confused!!

please help, we are moving to Orlando in two months and we like the Oviedo area, but we were there just for two days.

We have been told is not safe and it is high on crime rates ?!?

We have a baby and we are looking into renting in a safe area---

any advice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 10:53 AM

129 posts, read 448,197 times
You were told the wrong information. Oviedo is safe. No worries.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:27 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Oviedo is a very safe, family friendly area.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:46 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,547 times
Oviedo is very safe but Oviedo is also very big in size (the second biggest in Seminole county and one of the biggest in the entire Orlando Metro) and not all areas are the same. Safety shouldn't be a concern but if you have any specific areas of Oviedo you're looking at let us know.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:17 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Don't know who told you that, but it's very misleading. Oviedo is very nice and is safe.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:43 PM

26 posts, read 103,712 times
Thanks!!! that's what we feel -

Old 03-13-2010, 02:40 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Oviedo is safe - there are some run down areas, but every city does.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:47 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
you can go to www.Crimereports.com to see crime in Oviedo...I live there, and we are not without some crime. I love it here, I feel quite safe here. As mentioned, some areas are worse than others, but I feel it is a very nice neighborhood, with lots to do for the family. I feel safe out walking my dog and at the parks and grocery stores, etc.

There are some towns on this website that APPEAR to be crime free, so look carefully and you will see it noted that they do not report their statistics to this service...so just make not of that...it does not mean those towns are crime free. Oviedo chooses to make the information readily accessible to the public in an easy to read mapped format. I appreciate that very much.

Any questions about living here in Oviedo, feel free to PM me! Or post it here of course! We just moved here from PA , coming up on a year just about! We love it...the folks here on this board gave us lots of great info before we moved...and thanks in part to them, we were able to make a great decision!

Old 03-19-2010, 02:36 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post
you can go to www.Crimereports.com to see crime in Oviedo...I live there, and we are not without some crime. I love it here, I feel quite safe here. As mentioned, some areas are worse than others, but I feel it is a very nice neighborhood, with lots to do for the family. I feel safe out walking my dog and at the parks and grocery stores, etc.

There are some towns on this website that APPEAR to be crime free, so look carefully and you will see it noted that they do not report their statistics to this service...so just make not of that...it does not mean those towns are crime free. Oviedo chooses to make the information readily accessible to the public in an easy to read mapped format. I appreciate that very much.

Any questions about living here in Oviedo, feel free to PM me! Or post it here of course! We just moved here from PA , coming up on a year just about! We love it...the folks here on this board gave us lots of great info before we moved...and thanks in part to them, we were able to make a great decision!
A year! Thanks for the website.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:31 PM

24 posts, read 76,359 times
Oviedo is a highly desirable area. Great schools, easy access to downtown, low crime, and great family area. Per capita income is among the highest in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando