Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 10:12 PM

12,425 posts, read 2,979,650 times

Advertisements

Where does your home have stairs or steps?

What in your life would you most like to organize better?

What do you need from the store?

What have you cooked or eaten to keep it from spoiling when the power went out?

Do you have a household hint to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 12:18 AM

14,804 posts, read 8,133,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Yes, too many.
Maybe my bedroom closet and kitchen cabinets, to make more space in them.
Chicken breasts, coffee and ice cream (The store didn't have even one chicken breast anywhere in it the last time I went...forgot to get coffee, and yes... I NEED Ice Cream, haven't had any in awhile.)

The longest my power ever went out was for a couple hours twenty years ago during that ice storm...so we hadn't reached that point yet...(Well It actually did once for over a day in the seventies, but it was so long ago, can't remember what we did about the food.)Thank God, we
had fireplaces, so at least we didn't freeze to death!

Old 02-05-2022, 12:28 AM

44,652 posts, read 61,699,241 times
Where does your home have stairs or steps? No steps or stairs here.

What in your life would you most like to organize better? Garage cabinets.

What do you need from the store? Beer.

What have you cooked or eaten to keep it from spoiling when the power went out? Haven't ever had a power outage.

Do you have a household hint to share? Be sure to check and clean your washing machine dryer vent regularly to prevent a fire.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:56 AM

11,381 posts, read 9,299,615 times
Where does your home have stairs or steps? - Nope, everything is flat, except where I go to get my mail. Then just regular porch steps.

What in your life would you most like to organize better? - Everything is simple.

What do you need from the store? - I used the last of my spinach for last night's salad. We have a year round Saturday farmers market very close to where I live and I am surprised how much I still buy. Last week on a brutally cold and windy day I was impressed how one of the vendors was keeping his spinach from freezing! I also could use a cucumber but other than that I'm very well stocked.

What have you cooked or eaten to keep it from spoiling when the power went out? - I don't have a generator and my cooking lifelines are my oven and microwave. Last time a multi-day outage occurred where I was living was almost exactly 12 years ago. The average here is 3 hours. There have been 4 of them in the 2.5 years I've lived here.

Do you have a household hint to share? - I think my keyboard needs some attention. Wrapping a wipe around a Q-tip works really well.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 02-05-2022, 03:12 AM

41 posts, read 18,575 times
There are stairs in the entrance way. I live on the 12th floor.

Maybe a daily routine.

Maybe the bread.

I think I need to cook the meat that's in the freezer. But I don't know how to do it. If the power goes out, my meat will spoil and I'll have to throw it away.

The mirror should be washed with newspaper.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:46 AM

30,575 posts, read 16,263,911 times

a few to the front sidewalk, a flight down to the basement/garage

craft room

cat food, kitty litter.

I've done that but don't remember when or what. Currently have a generator and I love it.

Never buy a house without a mudroom.
thanks, Peg

Old 02-05-2022, 05:22 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times
Where does your home have stairs or steps? Nowhere, outdoors or indoors.

What in your life would you most like to organize better? My photographs but there are too many now to make that change.

What do you need from the store? Nothing right now. Orange juice and trash bags soon.

What have you cooked or eaten to keep it from spoiling when the power went out? My stove/oven is electric so cooking is out. Ice cream.

Do you have a household hint to share? If your pots are discolored on the inside, cook tomato sauce in them and they will be back to their shiny silver best. That's all I've got besides putting sponges in the top tray of the dishwasher to clean them. The TV game show I do worst on is Common Knowledge.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:15 AM

126,304 posts, read 19,086,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Where does your home have stairs or steps? ........Going to the basement and second level to the master bedrooms, laundry room and office

What in your life would you most like to organize better?..... Nothing really I am a very well organized person

What do you need from the store? .....Have to buy groceries today

What have you cooked or eaten to keep it from spoiling when the power went out? .......Smoked salmon

Do you have a household hint to share?......I like Pams tip putting your grocery fruit/vegetable bags in an empty Kleenex box

Thank you Peg

Old 02-05-2022, 06:19 AM

50,396 posts, read 64,106,567 times
Where does your home have stairs or steps? 2 steps into the house at three doorways. A flight of stairs from the kitchen to the bonus room.

What in your life would you most like to organize better? My closet and drawers.

What do you need from the store? I could use some fruit for breakfast tomorrow.

What have you cooked or eaten to keep it from spoiling when the power went out? Nothing I can think of.

Do you have a household hint to share? When you use part of a plastic bag or frozen vegetables, or confectioners sugar, etc., cut off the top 1/2” of the bag, remove what you need, then tie the top of the bag closed with the strip of plastic you cut off.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:41 AM

7,251 posts, read 7,094,585 times

A single step at the front porch, and a single one coming in from the garage. Then a set of turned stairs from the front hallway to the second floor.

Pantry. It's been on my list of things to do for a while now. It just has wire shelves and I hate them.

Bananas. Didn't have any for breakfast today.

Last time this happened was a hurricane. We ate everything out of the fridge and freezer. Meals consisted of things like frozen burritos and fries, lunchmeats with yogurt. It was a real mishmash.

Clean glass shower doors with cheap foaming shaving cream. Wet the glass, smear it on, scrub with a brush, rinse, squeegee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics