Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:49 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,793,251 times

Advertisements

Hello to everyone. We'll get an early start to today's questions. Think Spring.

Today's Question: What National Park or Monument do you nearest to? What was the last one that you've been to?

Extra Credit Question: What is your favorite store bought cookie? What is your favorite homemade cookie?

Bonus Question: Being the start of baseball season, Have you ever been to a pro baseball game? Any good stories?

Just For Fun: Have you started any garden planning?

Today in History:
1986 - U.S. national debt hits $2,000,000,000,000
1970 - Miriam Hargrave of England passes her drivers test on 40th try
1933 - 1st airplane flight over Mount Everest

Word of the Day:

obdurate (OB-doo-rit, -dyoo-) adjective
1. Stubborn: not easily moved.
2. Hard-hearted: resistant to emotions

Today is:
Pony Express Day
Tweed Day
World Party Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,004,892 times
Today's Question: What National Park or Monument do you nearest to? What was the last one that you've been to?
Tha Alamo and other missions..

Extra Credit Question: What is your favorite store bought cookie? What is your favorite homemade cookie?
Chocolate chip!

Bonus Question: Being the start of baseball season, Have you ever been to a pro baseball game? Any good stories?
back in my preteens!

not really

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Pony Express Day
Tweed Day
World Party Day

Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,152,010 times
Hola y'all!

Today's Question: What National Park or Monument do you nearest to? What was the last one that you've been to?National Park, would be Big Ben in West Texas. Monument would be the Alamo. It's been a few years since I've been to the Alamo!

Extra Credit Question: What is your favorite store bought cookie?
Choco Chip

What is your favorite homemade cookie?
Choco Chip

Bonus Question: Being the start of baseball season, Have you ever been to a pro baseball game? Any good stories?I've been to a few semi pro games. DH & I talk about going to Houston to see the Astros. Maybe one of these days!!!

Hubbies got a few veggies going. I'm still pruning back stuff, and moving some things around.

Today is:
Pony Express Day
Tweed Day
World Party DayYes, yes, YESSSSS!!!

Last edited by Sweetie Pie; 04-02-2011 at 10:08 PM..

Old 04-02-2011, 09:58 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,469,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Good Happy Sunday Everybody!!

Today's Question: What National Park or Monument do you nearest to? What was the last one that you've been to? National Seashore on the Cape, but the last one I went to and my favorite one of all is Acadia in Maine.

Extra Credit Question: What is your favorite store bought cookie? What is your favorite homemade cookie? Pepperidge Farm Double Chocolate Milano's

Bonus Question: Being the start of baseball season, Have you ever been to a pro baseball game? Any good stories? Yes. No

Just For Fun: Have you started any garden planning? Yes

Today is:
Pony Express Day
Tweed Day
World Party Day

Old 04-02-2011, 10:00 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,004,892 times
I go here quite often!!

Old 04-02-2011, 10:21 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,842,588 times
Hello to everyone. We'll get an early start to today's questions. Think Spring. Spring....

Today's Question: What National Park or Monument do you nearest to? What was the last one that you've been to? Fort Garry National Historic Site is quite close, also went to Riding Mountain National Park.
Extra Credit Question: What is your favorite store bought cookie? What is your favorite homemade cookie? White chocolate pistachio and peanut butterBonus Question: Being the start of baseball season,

Have you ever been to a pro baseball game? Any good stories? Montreal Expos and Minnnesota Twins...

Just For Fun: Have you started any garden planning? Not yet...Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Pony Express Day
Tweed Day
World Party Day

See you all at World Party Day. I imagine there will be more than a few C-Ders there. I hope we all have a wonderful Sunday.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:58 PM

16,913 posts, read 16,178,850 times
None.

None. I don't eat cookies.

No. I hate baseball.

No. I don't plan a garden ever.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:02 AM

44,408 posts, read 20,141,429 times
Today's Question: What National Park or Monument do you nearest to? I live 20 minutes away from Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. I d
What was the last one that you've been to? I drive through it twice a day, M-F, on my way to and from work.

Extra Credit Question: What is your favorite store bought cookie? Oreos. What is your favorite homemade cookie? Tough choice. I love homemade snickerdoodles and toll house cookies. Oh, and peanut butter. And oatmeal raisin. And.......... need I say more?

Bonus Question: Being the start of baseball season, Have you ever been to a pro baseball game? Any good stories? I've been to two pro (major league) baseball games. In 1981, the one year I lived in Kansas City, MO, I went to a Royals game. About 9 years ago, I went to a Chicago Cubs game. Both times I had free tickets from my employer. I hate watching baseball on TV - it's about as exciting as watching paint dry - it was very fun to watch games in person.

Once or twice a season I manage to get to our local minor league baseball park for a game, and that is very enjoyable. I like it better than major league. Way fun.

Just For Fun: Have you started any garden planning? Yep. I planted some flower seeds indoors about 3 weeks ago and will transplant the plants outdoors in late April, when there's no more danger of frost.

Word of the Day:
I know a few obdurate people.

Today is:
Pony Express Day
Tweed Day Okay.
World Party Day It's after 1 a.m., and I arrived home from a party a little while ago. So I guess I celebrated World Party Day without even knowing it was a holiday.

Cheers, everyone!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-03-2011 at 12:13 AM..

Old 04-03-2011, 12:15 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,497,386 times
Today's Question: What National Park or Monument do you nearest to?

Well, being in Australia, I don't live near any US National Park or Monument, but here in Aus, I live equally close to both of these (about 40 mins away):
Mount Warning National Park: Heart of one of the earth's great ancient volcanoes, Mount Warning offers a fantastic walk. There is rainforest at the bottom, a steep climb and dazzling views at the top.
Broadwater National Park: Broadwater consists of beautiful beaches, heathlands, undisturbed swamp forest. saltmarsh and 60 000 year old sand-dunes.

What was the last one that you've been to?
I've been to many US National Parks and Monuments ... the most recent probably would have been Death Valley, CA.

Extra Credit Question: What is your favorite store bought cookie?
Tim Tams (they're Aussie, they're extremely chocolatey and extremely more-ish). Since I have a bad habit of scarfing down the whole packet, I no longer buy them.

What is your favorite homemade cookie?
I don't make cookies (see above for reason ), but it would be Chocolate Chip.

In all the years and all the trips I've made to the US I had never been to a baseball game. So a few years ago, while staying with friends in Kansas City, they decided to correct this terrible situation, even though their team wasn't much chop (their evaluation not mine!). Well we went, we sat, we ate hot dogs, we chatted with others sitting around us. It rained. And rained. No-one came onto the pitch (field? Whatever you call it). We went home. So I still haven't been to a game.

Just For Fun: Have you started any garden planning? I plan all year round - it's the doing of it that's the problem.

Here's to Sunday... and World Party Day!

Last edited by Kobber; 04-03-2011 at 12:34 AM..

Old 04-03-2011, 12:29 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,651,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Hello to everyone. We'll get an early start to today's questions. Think Spring.

Today's Question: What National Park or Monument do you nearest to? What was the last one that you've been to? Nearest to - Crater Lake. Last one I've been to - - Crater Lake. Boring, I know..

Extra Credit Question: What is your favorite store bought cookie? What is your favorite homemade cookie? Store bought cookie - Oreos! Homemade cookie - Either chocolate chip or snickerdoodles!

Bonus Question: Being the start of baseball season, Have you ever been to a pro baseball game? Any good stories? Nope!!

Just For Fun: Have you started any garden planning? No I haven't. Always thought it would be a good thing, but never got any farther than that!!

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Pony Express Day
Tweed Day
World Party Day
Wow - I'm a step ahead for once - - - Imagine that... Hope everyone has had a great weekend!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics