Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Status: "Hey Guys: "Remember they started it"" (set 3 days ago)

939 posts, read 1,231,426 times

Advertisements

I know I'm bad but I can't help it. Politicians create great material. How about this? A Weiner pixel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 12:08 PM

Default Okay here's another Weiner Joke......

Okay: Weiner Pixel - not so funny.

How about this: If the Picture fits you must admit!!!!!

Sung to Oscar Mayer Weiner Song:
Oh I wish I was a Facebook flasher;
that is what I truly wish to be;
cause if I were a Facebook flasher;
every one would be in love
oh everyone would be in love
everyone would be in love with me.

A Weinertic - a person whose let loose on the internet to conduct sexveillance for the CIA.

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 06-19-2011 at 12:16 PM..

Old 06-20-2011, 12:49 PM

Default Some Headlines of the day - June 20th

June 20th 1632 - Britain grants rights to 2nd Lord Baltimore to Chesapeake Area
1782 - Congress approves great seal of US & Eagle as its Symbol
1793 - Eli Whitney patents the cotton gin
1840 - Samuel Morse patents his telegraph
1863 - 1st Bank Chartered in US
1867 - Pres Andrew Johnson announces purchase of Alaska
1911 - NAACP incorporates
1912 - NY Giants Josh Devore steals 4 bases in an inning(2nd and 3rd Twice) in a game they were leading 14 - 2 in the 9th and went on to win 21 - 12
1942 - German Troops conquer Tobruk
1944 - Congress charters CIA
1944 - Germans begin mass extermination of Jews at Auschwitz
1950 - Joe DiMaggio's 2000th Hit
1963 - US & USSR agrees to set up "Hot Line"
1973 - Bonds sets record for lead off HR's - 22
1982 - Pete Rose appears in 3000th Game
1990 - Earthquake in Iran
1994 - OJ Simpson arraigned for murders
2010 - Father's Day

Old 06-26-2011, 08:18 PM

Default Good News?

Gas prices drop 11 cents! Good? Strategic Oil reserve -- is this sort of like the U S Treasury for oil. Only thing is it depletes faster than paper. Hope we find the golden alternative soon.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:12 AM

Default Horrid Reality?

In the past days so much has gone wrong. London is burning. Congress presents an embarassment in the way they handled the budget question. Alaska bears out global warming. A helicopter takes the lives of America's finest and some are members of the seal team. The helicopter event causes me to be concerned that a foreign entity who would like the US to fail assisted with sophisticated technology to cause this to happen. The ups and downs of the stock market -- movement based on trite words uttered by a Fed body. The news: North, East, West and South appears to be gloomy and as bad as it gets we the people are eternal optimists looking for that big break and for something very good to happen. "Do you feel lucky?"

Old 08-10-2011, 07:18 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,084,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
In the past days so much has gone wrong. London is burning. Congress presents an embarassment in the way they handled the budget question. Alaska bears out global warming. A helicopter takes the lives of America's finest and some are members of the seal team. The helicopter event causes me to be concerned that a foreign entity who would like the US to fail assisted with sophisticated technology to cause this to happen. The ups and downs of the stock market -- movement based on trite words uttered by a Fed body. The news: North, East, West and South appears to be gloomy and as bad as it gets we the people are eternal optimists looking for that big break and for something very good to happen. "Do you feel lucky?"
I don't know about lucky, but could sure use a dose or two of some good headlines for a change.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:54 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,746,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
Headline of the Day for Saturday 5/28 - MSN
"Small College town in Idaho issues $50. ticket for texting and walking"
Many of us have had trouble having the kids pick up after them?
You have to love Nietzsche "Will to Power" democracy. Council can vote now on new License Plate logo - "Not just potatoes anymore"
And the reason is....

‪Pool fall while texting‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-10-2011, 01:17 PM

You know if I took a picture of every auto accident and calamity you would be equally impressed. I'll bet there is reports of some person choking on a peanut or riding his bicycle into a wal or something stupid -- ____ happens. The spirit of the law is to protect but in its effort to protect it places a trite law on the books that lends to arbitrary enforcement and the potential of having some young folk getting involved in the legal system for ssomething so stupid. Do I agree texting is naughty -- hell yeah!!! Do I wish to pay a $50. fine if I'm caught hell no. Please do me a favor today as you go through the day rally up what you may have unthinkingly done wrong and attach a $50.00 fee for each occurrence -- let me know how you make out.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:20 AM

Default Some things don't change!!!!

Anne Murray's song dates back years ago - eerily even true today!!

http://youtu.be/d4lyjseJMG0

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d4lyjseJMG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 08-19-2011 at 12:15 PM..

Old 08-19-2011, 11:29 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,836,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I think she is a talented/marketable performer.....but when a society makes her 'powerful'....it doesn't say much about that society...does it?
No, it doesn't. It says something about our society's valuesIt's sad..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics