Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 07:10 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,732,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Not when rushing to do something, or on break from work...but when you have quality time by yourself....is there a topic that always seems to come up...personal, existential, world-wide issues?

Just curious....
I have a hard time not thinking about what I need to do.....my mind doesn't rest much. I'm always planning on how I'm going to do a project, or wishing I hadn't put one off for so long, or how badly I need to get moving on one before the rainy season comes. Ugh.... I don't have time to focus on world-wide issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 01:40 PM

62 posts, read 85,204 times
I think about the baby my spouse and I are expecting later this year and how different our lives will be after the arrival.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:12 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,430,079 times
Gosh, hard question. I don't tend to think about anything. I'm a true air head.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,336,631 times
Oh sometimes I think thoughts I shouldn't be thinking, other times I think about all the stuff I should have done and didn't and today when I was alone I started thinking about who the LL is going to visit me in my old age???

Old 09-10-2011, 07:23 PM

247 posts, read 576,442 times
just depends on the day, and whats going on around me. how im feeling etc...

Old 09-10-2011, 07:27 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,882,889 times
It's not easy being alone so I try to not think about it.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:42 PM

240 posts, read 420,784 times
What I think about most often, when I'm alone is, what do I want to do for my workout for today or what to make for dinner (or just get takeout).

Those 2 things I'm always thinking about the first thing during the day.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:18 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,035,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
It's not easy being alone so I try to not think about it.
Ditto ...

Old 09-10-2011, 08:19 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,070,442 times
How awesome I am.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:01 PM

782 posts, read 1,109,718 times
I am alone alot..and I love it..I love the silence..I love being able to do what I want.. to eat what I want when I want...to not be responsible for someone elses calorie intake and not feel guilty about my own. I could go on but you get the idea...
What do I think about in my aloness..
How great it would be if my babies had a bigger yard to run in
How will I find my final destination..that little piece of mine with a little cottage and a big yard for a garden and the babies if I still have them..
How can I become a better person..what am I doing to improve myself and my world
I practice conversations that I know I have to have with people, conversations that are important and that I don't want to screw up...
How can I bring my kids closer together..I would like to get them all together at least once one last time. They are all very different people with very different lives.
But the thing I think about that bothers me the most (because it seems so selfish) and the least (because it is owed to me rightfully and by court order) is the $63,000 PLUS dollars my ex owes me and how will I know when will he is getting Social Security Disability so I can file to have it garnished...It sounds cruel and heartless but he went out of his way to not pay..I think about that too..the damage it caused my kids because they didn't get to see their Dad cause he was in hiding half their lives..
He said to me once after he had paid maybe 3-4 thousand dollars.." I've been paying for 6 months...Haven't I paid enough Chany??? " I thought about that too..For him it was all about Dollars..for me it was always about family and my family is shattered in large part because of his not paying child support...I will pay for that for the rest of my life...I think it's right that he should pay too even if it's for the rest of his life. And, he says he's a born again christian..
Sorry to be such a Downer didn't intend for it to be that way...it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics