Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 04:55 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,196,598 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:

Inquiring Minds Question:
What timezone do you live in?
~ Eastern

How many timezones have you been to in a single day?
~ 1.20

Just for fun:
Years ago Barbara Walters famously asked Katherine Hepburn, "If you were a twee, what kind of twee would you be?"
Of course she said "tree," but in that special way she has of speaking.
So here's your chance to take a question from the well-known celebrity interviewer: If you were a twee what kind of twee would you be?

~ I sure wouldn't want to be a Christmas tree.
People come and take your life away - killing you - so that they can put your body in their living rooms....so that they can watch you die.
As you are there dying, they put decorations all over you, as though that is a good thing....as if you wouldn't have been happier left alone, to live your life as you deserve.....helping birds and animals along with their lives....providing shade and beauty and a place to live; giving precious air for all to breathe.
After watching you die a slow, sad death, when they decide that you are garbage, they toss you out without a care or thought about what they have done.
The reason people do this is supposedly to celebrate the birth of a person that was full of love.
.......and Jesus was his name-o.

Last edited by rainroosty; 11-17-2011 at 05:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 AM

27,432 posts, read 27,470,084 times
Furniture? I like it, but its old and gonna be replaced come springtime.
I live in central time and have gone through 3 time zones in a day, a few times.
Heres to home made bread!!

Old 11-17-2011, 05:08 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,170,774 times
Today's Question:
Today is the 36th Great American Smokeout sponsored by the American Cancer Society to encourage smokers to quit.
Are you a smoker who would like to quit? or Do you have a family member or friend you'd like to see pack it in?

I used to know quite a few smokers, but in the last ten year I don't think I've known anyone who smokes.

Bonus Question:
Many of you remember the TV show Frasier and how the dad had an ugly, but comfortable, chair that Frasier hated.
Is there a piece of furniture or an ornament that someone you live with likes, but you (barely) tolerate?

I inherited a desk that's about 200 years old. Very valuable, but not really strong enough to be used anymore. I like it but my husband thinks it's ugly (and useless).

What timezone do you live in?

Eastern

Just for fun:
Years ago Barbara Walters famously asked Katherine Hepburn, "If you were a twee, what kind of twee would you be?"
So here's your chance to take a question from the well-known celebrity interviewer: If you were a twee what kind of twee would you be?

A crape myrtle. In the summer when all the other plants are withering and flowering no more, somehow the crape myrtle stays in bloom. I like that kind of resilience.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:20 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,394,766 times
1851 - The U.S. Post Office issued the first postage stamp to depict an American eagle. First ever nationwide stamps were issued in July 1847 with portraits of Washington and Franklin.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:46 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,746,537 times
Today's Question:
Today is the 36th Great American Smokeout sponsored by the American Cancer Society to encourage smokers to quit.
Are you a smoker who would like to quit? or Do you have a family member or friend you'd like to see pack it in?
I smoked for about a year when I was 21 but quit when I couldn't see the point anymore. DH smoked for a few years as well but quit. MIL used to smoke, DH's older brother and his wife still do and there's no use telling them to quit, as they won't. Other than that, I'm not related to any smokers, or have many friends that do.

One of my family members quit a few years ago, and it was really tough. Do you know anyone who has successfully kicked the habit?
Yes, I know quite a few people who did, including myself although I wasn't a heavy, long-time smoker. It is tough, I can certainly sympathise.

Maybe: "Pack in the pack" could be a slogan. I know, not so good.
Can you think of a slogan that might help a smoker to quit?
The one I've seen on TV here is pretty good: Every cigarette you don't smoke is doing you good.

Bonus Question:
Many of you remember the TV show Frasier and how the dad had an ugly, but comfortable, chair that Frasier hated.
Is there a piece of furniture or an ornament that someone you live with likes, but you (barely) tolerate?
No, DH and I have similar tastes.

Is there something you like that others tolerate?

What timezone do you live in? UTC/GMT +8 hours
How many timezones have you been to in a single day?
At least 10.

Just for fun:
Olive tree. I love the look of olive trees with their silvery grey leaves. They're very sturdy and hardy. And they produce such delicious things: olives, and therefore olive oil.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:53 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,363,323 times
Happy Good Morning to allyall

It is hard to believe it's already Thursday and time to get the Thanksgiving shopping done.

Love and Peace

Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,656,034 times
Today's Question:
Yes I'm a smoker who needs to quit badly, I have a terrible cough

One of my family members quit a few years ago, and it was really tough. Do you know anyone who has successfully kicked the habit?
I know several people who have quit successfully and others who quit and started back like me

I wish it was that easy

Bonus Question:
Nope, it's just me and my junk

I probably have a lot of stuff that others would consider "intolerable"

What timezone do you live in?EST
How many timezones have you been to in a single day? just two

Just for fun:
One of those big California twees, like a giant Sequoia twee

Today Is:
Guiness World Record Day.................................wonder if they have a category for wiggling your ears?
Homemade Bread Day.......................................yummy
GIS Day (Geographic Information Systems)........
Great American Smokeout.................................guess that won't be happening
World Peace Day................................................if only

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 11-17-2011 at 06:11 AM..

Old 11-17-2011, 06:04 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,643,460 times
Are you a smoker who would like to quit? No, never had that habit - thanks for the reminder about smoke out day!
Do you have a family member or friend you'd like to see pack it in? No, which is pretty remarkable here in Pittsburgh where there's still a lot of smokin goin on.

One of my family members quit a few years ago, and it was really tough. Do you know anyone who has successfully kicked the habit? Yes, a number of people

Is there a piece of furniture or an ornament that someone you live with likes, but you (barely) tolerate? yes but this is a tough one because it's also a valuable memento from a far off place (wish it was still there)

What timezone do you live in? eastern
How many timezones have you been to in a single day? uhhh...not sure - do flashbacks count?

Years ago Barbara Walters famously asked Katherine Hepburn, "If you were a twee, what kind of twee would you be?" omg thank you for that morning giggle

Old 11-17-2011, 06:12 AM

44,707 posts, read 61,909,146 times
Today's Question:
Are you a smoker who would like to quit? or Do you have a family member or friend you'd like to see pack it in? No smokers in this family or circle of friends.

One of my family members quit a few years ago, and it was really tough. Do you know anyone who has successfully kicked the habit? No. I knew some who were unsucessfull, they're not with us anymore..

Maybe: "Pack in the pack" could be a slogan. I know, not so good. Actually that is a good one bjh.

Can you think of a slogan that might help a smoker to quit? Kick butt save your life.

Bonus Question:

Is there a piece of furniture or an ornament that someone you live with likes, but you (barely) tolerate? Nope, we like everything, most is new.

Is there something you like that others tolerate? Nope.

What timezone do you live in? Mountain.

How many timezones have you been to in a single day? 3

Just for fun:
So here's your chance to take a question from the well-known celebrity interviewer: If you were a twee what kind of twee would you be? A 'twee-ty bird'...

Have a great Thursday everyone...

Old 11-17-2011, 06:12 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,743,190 times
[quote=bjh;21748804]Good morning! It's definitely autumn now. Rain, mist, falling leaves....gotta love it.

Here's some questions that fell out of a tree and conked me on the head, either that or a squirrel threw an acorn.

FYI, Spinx had two QOTDs and agreed to let me host Thursdays. Thanks Spinx!

Today's Question:
Are you a smoker who would like to quit?I smoked when I was younger but gave it up at the age of 22. or Do you have a family member or friend you'd like to see pack it in?

One of my family members quit a few years ago, and it was really tough. Do you know anyone who has successfully kicked the habit? Yes, me and a few other people I know.

Maybe: "Pack in the pack" could be a slogan. I know, not so good. [/b]
Can you think of a slogan that might help a smoker to quit?I know this is a strong statement that some might not like but it's to the point..Do You Want Death Knocking At Your Door?

Bonus Question:
Is there a piece of furniture or an ornament that someone you live with likes, but you (barely) tolerate? No

Is there something you like that others tolerate? Hmm..

What timezone do you live in? Eastern
How many timezones have you been to in a single day? 2

Just for fun:
Years ago Barbara Walters famously asked Katherine Hepburn, "If you were a twee, what kind of twee would you be?" [/b]
So here's your chance to take a question from the well-known celebrity interviewer: If you were a twee what kind of twee would you be? Probably an Oak tree.

Today in History:
1558 - Elizabeth I became Queen of England upon the death of Queen Mary this day and ruled Great Britain and Northern Ireland from 1558 to 1603 while England became a world power.
1800 John Adams was the 1st President to move into the White House
1851 - The U.S. Post Office issued the first postage stamp to depict an American eagle. First ever nationwide stamps were issued in July 1847 with portraits of Washington and Franklin.
1954 - Golfer Arnold Palmer signed a contract with Wilson Sporting Goods and became a pro.
1993 - The U.S. House of Representatives approved the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), by a vote of 234 to 200. The Senate voted 60 to 38 for approval of the legislation on November 20. The bill was signed into law by President Clinton on December 8, 1993. It took effect on January 1, 1994. Under NAFTA, the U.S., Canada, and Mexico become a single, integrated market with $6.5 trillion worth of goods and services annually.
2010 - A construction site in London revealed a Roman settlement filled with ancient artifacts and human remains

Today?s Word - this should have been the word on Monday when MWBW hosted.
bibliophage \BIB-lee-uh-feyj\ , noun;
1. An ardent reader; a bookworm.

Today Is:
Guiness World Record Day
Homemade Bread Day
GIS Day (Geographic Information Systems)
Great American Smokeout
World Peace Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics