Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 09:48 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
alm1700, I would just say "ditto" but I need more words! At any rate, I agree!!
Cool! I knew you would Whitney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2006, 11:17 PM

421 posts, read 469,004 times
Default mariatherese

Yes i agree with you..whether i agree with someone or not, i could care less about the rep thing...I have a red dot because someone took my post completely wrong....it's not fair at all and i don't like the rep thing at all...we are all entitled to our opinions...and we are free to like or dislike what ever. But name calling is immature and a waste of time...my beliefs will never change just because someone calls me names.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:55 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Thanks pixieshmoo, you are right. I have "met" some really nice people on this forum. I'm not trying to force my opions on anyone. I hope you have a great week!
Thank you! Back at ya!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 12:28 AM

622 posts, read 2,709,280 times
So it starts...

Tonight, at work (I work at a TV news station) my producer asked me to make a graphic that said "Hot Christmas Toys." 5 minutes later, she called and asked me to change it to "Hot Holiday Toys. "Better be on the safe side," she said.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:57 AM

Is it against the law now to use the word Christmas? What will happen if ppl refuse to use the word Holiday? Using the word Holiday is still acknowledging something special happened on 12/25 or in the month of Dec....A good majority of store owners are Jewish...so what will happen to thier business if Christians stop CHRISTMAS shopping in thier stores? Christmas is thier biggest money day of the year.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:50 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
Is it against the law now to use the word Christmas?
No.

Quote:
What will happen if ppl refuse to use the word Holiday? Using the word Holiday is still acknowledging something special happened on 12/25 or in the month of Dec....
"Happy Holidays" is a catch-all, saying basically, "Have a great Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year." If the person doesn't celebrate Christmas, then they feel free to substitute Hanukkah, Ramadan, Kwanzaa, or Festivus in its place.

Again, don't make this mole hill into a mountain.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:10 PM

Default Mole hill

If ppl don't say or do anything about the mole hill, then it stays a mole hill. I myself prefer mountains. Christmas has only become an issue last year. Why? I know for sure Jews love Christmas so they're not the ones who started all this. It was athiests and libs...pure and simple. Christmas is world wide and now it is being challenged.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:26 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
No force on this planet is going to stop me from enjoying Christmas. I have a pile of sweatshirts, hairdoodles, even shoes with Christmas trees, Santa, Rudolph,etc.

First, I will enjoy Halloween. I will wear my bats & spider webs. Then for Thanksgiving I will don my turkeys, pilrims, and pumpkins. Then, the day after Thanksgiving, I start wearing my Christmas Collection (as my husband calls it). Can't wait to put my Chipmunks Christmas cd in!

Old 09-28-2006, 12:28 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Christmas has only become an issue last year. Why? I know for sure Jews love Christmas so they're not the ones who started all this. It was athiests and libs...pure and simple. Christmas is world wide and now it is being challenged.
I'm pretty liberal on most things, and I know lots of atheists. I can't think of a single person who is offended by "Christmas," even my Jewish friends.

This became an issue because a few fringe whacko groups made it one, the media gave them undue attention, and a couple of politicians foolishly made an issue out of it.

People can't stop you from celebrating Christmas any more than they can stop you from loving your children.

Merry Christmas!!!

Old 09-28-2006, 12:32 PM

153 posts, read 563,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
No force on this planet is going to stop me from enjoying Christmas. I have a pile of sweatshirts, hairdoodles, even shoes with Christmas trees, Santa, Rudolph,etc.

First, I will enjoy Halloween. I will wear my bats & spider webs. Then for Thanksgiving I will don my turkeys, pilrims, and pumpkins. Then, the day after Thanksgiving, I start wearing my Christmas Collection (as my husband calls it). Can't wait to put my Chipmunks Christmas cd in!
LOL!!! Evey, you're cracking me up girl! I'm picturing you all decked out in your holiday garb and I can't get this big grin off of my face. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics