Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:53 AM

622 posts, read 2,711,078 times

Advertisements

I am so sick of people giving me bad rep points because they dont agree with my political stance. I only give out bad rep if I feel someone is being combative or rude. Whether or not I agree with the post is irrelevant. I welcome other people's beliefs.

Someone just gave me a bad rep in this thread saying "minorites should never rule." great. yes, I AGREE. That would be a highly unbalanced scenario. A democracy is for the majority. Did you even read my post?

This keeps happening to me. I guess I'll just keep my low rep points- even though I'm one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and I've never posted anything combative. All I've done is stated my beliefs. I guess this forum must be filled with a lot of conservatives. It's just sad when people can't accept each other's beliefs, or discuss them with an open mind- how else can you find the truth? Certainly not by having tunnel vision, never questioning yourself, and never welcoming new ideas.

urghhhh.... I'm getting sucked into the internet drama. Somebody help me. I am pathetic LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2006, 11:10 AM

pixie, i agree with you- we as a society do bend too much. that is why our culture is in constant flux. do we even have a culture anymore? i dont know.

look at the europeans. they are very adamant about keeping their culture in tact. we, on the other hand, dont seem to know who we are. a culture holds a society together, people were not meant to experience this much change- i hate that about modern western society! i question what is gained by all this "progress."

but, we are an immigrant nation. from the beginning. a melting pot. and because of that, because we never had a distinct culture to begin with, we constantly change.

I dont know. there are things i'm glad we have made progress on, but sometimes i wonder where exactly it is that we are headed. and looking at the world today, the future seems pretty bleak.

Last edited by mariatherese; 09-16-2006 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: sic

Old 09-16-2006, 11:13 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,333,550 times
I agree, oh and I gave you points...I like you!

Old 09-16-2006, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post

thanks! right back at ya!

Old 09-16-2006, 11:25 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,475,926 times
Quote:

Come on pixie you are too positive of a person to think the future seems bleak, think positive we can't all give up.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:29 AM

Don't worry, I'm not giving up...however, one must wonder, at the rate this government screws up, what kind of crap will our children have to live with?

Old 09-16-2006, 12:14 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,681,976 times
Quote:
Don't worry, I'm not giving up...however, one must wonder, at the rate this government screws up, what kind of crap will our children have to live with?
Not just this government, all government, I havent seen a good one yet, some have done some good, as I believe this one has, but still they all manage to keep screwing things up. I think we need a woman in there, had a couple hundred years of men, lets try a woman, just not Hillary. Oh and maria I gave you points!!

Old 09-16-2006, 12:17 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,402,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
I am so sick of people giving me bad rep points because they dont agree with my political stance. I only give out bad rep if I feel someone is being combative or rude. Whether or not I agree with the post is irrelevant. I welcome other people's beliefs.

Someone just gave me a bad rep in this thread saying "minorites should never rule." great. yes, I AGREE. That would be a highly unbalanced scenario. A democracy is for the majority. Did you even read my post?

This keeps happening to me. I guess I'll just keep my low rep points- even though I'm one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and I've never posted anything combative. All I've done is stated my beliefs. I guess this forum must be filled with a lot of conservatives. It's just sad when people can't accept each other's beliefs, or discuss them with an open mind- how else can you find the truth? Certainly not by having tunnel vision, never questioning yourself, and never welcoming new ideas.

urghhhh.... I'm getting sucked into the internet drama. Somebody help me. I am pathetic LOL.
The same thing happened to me, but only once with a red dot. On the more controversial issues, this board and it's posters tend to take on a lynch mob mentality and this isn't conducive at all to rational debates. There's no way to debate with a frothing-at-the-mouth lynch mob, and in my opinion, this being the internet and all, there's no point in even trying. No one seriously wants to debate. They want their view validated, and have no plans to change it or open their mind to other possibilities. It's fruitless to even try which may sound like a defeated position to take, but I feel rather than defeated, it's simply more realistic. I generally stay out of, or offer muted and neutered opinions, in the more controversial and political threads here for that very reason.

Last edited by dullnboring; 09-16-2006 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: grammar mistake

Old 09-16-2006, 12:39 PM

I'd just like to say to everyone that I have never given anyone bad rep points on the whole forum!!! I don't really dislike anybody, even if I disagree with them. Hey, I don't even dislike CorruptNJ, and he's very intense...I respect all of your opinions, like I said, even if I argue them. You don't have to agree with someone to respect them. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that!

Ps. I truly haven't had the desire to give anyone bad rep points, but let's say I did, I don't even know how to do that (remember, I'm the one who didn't know about PM's too LOL)

Old 09-16-2006, 02:33 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,475,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post

I'll give you some rep............I don't agree with everything you say but I agree with some
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics