Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:51 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Just a curiosity question. Anyone here care to share their bloodlines; where your ancestors came from? I'm your garden variety mutt. Mostly Irish, English, Scottish, and Welsh. A bit of German. And, to top it off, one of my great-grandmothers was Seminole, (no, not a "princess". Native Americans didn't have royalty, in the sense that most of us understand, i.e. European.

Actually I have a few other bloodlines, but I'm still researching them. (Genealogy is one of my other hobbies, that I forgot to mention on another thread.) I like history, and our family lines are part of that, whether we have anyone famous or not.
Irish, German, English, Scotch, Dutch, and French. I completed our family tree with mother's side going back to 1500's in England. However, my father's side only goes back to mid 1800's when my great-great-grandfather came from Ireland to Fox Lake, Wisconsin. I also started a family newsletter that helped gather information and preserve family history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2006, 08:59 PM

311 posts, read 618,841 times
How many others out there are into genealogy? I have always enjoyed history and when I am "digging" into the past it really makes you wonder exactly what these people were doing, how our own lives are shaped by the decisions they made....

Old 09-22-2006, 11:22 PM

421 posts, read 470,054 times
My fathers side is all sicilian...easy...my mothers father was all German...with possible Jewish..My mothers mother was English/Irish/Dutch/French...LOL...but....i was raised by my father and his parents and sister so i was raised strictly Italian thru and thru.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:32 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,626,382 times
Someone mentioned on another thread something to effect, that perhaps Arkansas Traveler had a bit too much of his own moonshine. After having seen a number of his recent posts, I have to admit, I'm starting to wonder. Sorry, AT, but I can't make heads or tails out of anything you said. Of course, perhaps that's just as well...

Old 09-23-2006, 07:36 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,296,179 times
Quote:
Count of the Kings court of the Kings of Denmark. So now I get to ride the Valkyrie RumpStun about the City and County of the LuLu da Hono..
Danish royalty...riding a motorcyle around Honolulu

Old 09-23-2006, 08:28 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,995,460 times
Quote:
Someone mentioned on another thread something to effect, that perhaps Arkansas Traveler had a bit too much of his own moonshine. After having seen a number of his recent posts, I have to admit, I'm starting to wonder. Sorry, AT, but I can't make heads or tails out of anything you said. Of course, perhaps that's just as well...
"We can't they fly into trees for rocks and , um, alot it goes down to upward dots"

Don't worry CelticLady, I don't understand what I wrote either, but ArkansasTraveler will find meaning in it I bet

Old 09-23-2006, 08:48 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,201,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Don't worry CelticLady, I don't understand what I wrote either, but ArkansasTraveler will find meaning in it I bet
MoMark, LOL I tell you there is one like this on every forum or list or what have you cracks me up LOL

Old 09-23-2006, 11:03 AM

313 posts, read 834,960 times
Quote:
Just a curiosity question. Anyone here care to share their bloodlines; where your ancestors came from? I'm your garden variety mutt. Mostly Irish, English, Scottish, and Welsh. A bit of German. And, to top it off, one of my great-grandmothers was Seminole, (no, not a "princess". Native Americans didn't have royalty, in the sense that most of us understand, i.e. European.
I am 25% Dutch and then a mix of German, English, small amount of American Indian and who knows what else! I think that genealogy is very interesting but I have no idea where to start. My grandfather and uncle are really into it and my gfather tried to get me started. We worked on it for a few hours and got no where really and I don't see him often enough to get a good start.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:11 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,684,342 times
1/2 Irish and 1/2 German, both familis came over and managed to marry other Irish and Germans, whom had just come over as well go figure!!!

Old 09-23-2006, 02:34 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
Default Genealogy Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
1/2 Irish and 1/2 German, both families came over and managed to marry other Irish and Germans, whom had just come over as well go figure!!!
Hmmm...so, if a person is 1/2 Irish and marries another person who is 1/2 Irish, then the baby would be full Irish!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics