Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 04:56 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for the first day of the new year. 2013 is already nearly 22 hours old in my part of the world and
everything looks just the same as it did yesterday! I hope it will be a excellent year for all of us in the QOTD family.
I was thinking that earlier today.

Today’s Question:
What’s your attitude towards New Year Resolutions?
I gave up making them long ago -I've made a couple in the past, but not for a long time.

Extra Credit Question:
Please answer yes or no to each of the following questions.
(a) If you’re eating in a Chinese restaurant do you use chopsticks?
Yes, occasionally
(b) Do you usually read in bed before falling asleep at night?
Yes, sometimes
(c) When turning off your TV, do you also turn it off at the power point?
No, remote control

Bonus Question:
When was the last time you had an X-ray and (if you’re okay with sharing) what body part was X-rayed?
Had a dental X-ray a few months ago with the check up.

Just for fun:
How do you plan to spend your day today?
Mostly spent. Ran some errands. Had some good food. Watched movies on TV - for instance, The Hangover, funny and stupid. I recommend it.

Today Is:
Z Day (Let anyone whose name starts with a Z go first)!
Maybe that should be every other day to be fair.

Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 05:57 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,485,615 times
Today’s Question:

I usually make them, and do fairly well at keeping them, for a time at least
I usually make them but rarely/never keep them
I sometimes make them
I gave up making them long ago < This one. I used to make New Years resolutions and it was almost as if I was setting myself up for failure. I put too much pressure on myself to fufill them, so I quit long ago, and that has worked out better for me.
I’ve never made them
Other:

Extra Credit Question:

(a) If you’re eating in a Chinese restaurant do you use chopsticks? No, don't know how to use them.

(b) Do you usually read in bed before falling asleep at night? Well, I often am reading from CD, or watching tv, or both.

(c) When turning off your TV, do you also turn it off at the power point? No.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you had an X-ray and (if you’re okay with sharing) what body part was X-rayed? Last x-ray was a mammogram, so obviously they were x-raying my (.)(.)

Just for fun:

How do you plan to spend your day today? For New Years day we always have prime rib, so I am cooking that now, but other than that just relaxing.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:35 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,818 times
I haven't done the question of the day in quite awhile but I will for fun tonight.

Today’s Question:

I gave up making them long ago - like I mentioned on another thread, I told myself that I'd quit smoking on New Years. A couple of hours later I was back smoking a pack a day. I quit smoking in 2009 after reading a book, oddly enough. So it's been over 3 years now.

Extra Credit Question:

No (a)(b)(c) -

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you had an X-ray and (if you’re okay with sharing) what body part was X-rayed?

Age 15 most likely when I had my back surgery.

Just for fun:

How do you plan to spend your day today?

Working. I don't mind it at all, else I would of sat on my butt all day and did nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics