Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 03:40 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,052,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
Hollywood has slowly changed from manly men in the lead to feminine men in lead rolls. There are no more John Wayne's, Clarke Cable's, George Kennedy's, Sean Connery's, etc any more. All of the younger leading men now, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Johnny Depp, etc. You could slap a wig, high heels and some lip stick on them and have a sexy leading women. Non of the old Hollywood leading men could pull this off.

I think allot of the younger male movie goers see these younger stars and make attempts emulate them.

The interesting part of this is that the few manly men left can get together and make the Expendable movies and make good money. That just tells me that people a starving for real men in the movies, not feminized males.
I totally agree. I call it the prep school boys doing action flick leading male roles. It's like Hollywood doesn't even attempt to find blue collar type male actors anymore. UGH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics