Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 02:42 AM

16,674 posts, read 17,444,965 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

Ooh!

Not that you would notice any difference, but I am, because in the last ten minutes I've just had super fast fibre optic broadband installed.

I wish they could upgrade my speed just as easily.

Aha! How about that for a peeve!

As we get 'more mature' I guess it's worth remembering that you shouldn't try things you did in the past.

In the past I've lifted things that I wouldn't even try now.

I have even fit friends whose back is giving them problems for no apparent reason.

I was cutting tree branches earlier in the week and it was harder than I expected.

I guess that we should 'listen to our bodies'.

Hopefully mine sounds a bit better than this;

F. Chopin Piano Sonata no 2 Opus 35 (b) mov. 3 By Ivo Pogorelich - YouTube

So maybe for today's peeve I'll have;

The need to be more careful in what we do to ourselves.

Last edited by Jezer; 12-12-2013 at 02:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 02:48 AM

16,674 posts, read 17,444,965 times
Following on from yesterday I'll post some shots of that lovely hotel where we were staying for a special occasion this time last year.

It's just a few miles from Oxford;

Old 12-12-2013, 02:54 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,864,882 times
Mine is just saying no to just about everything lately.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:32 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,801 times
Good morning.

Lately I haven't been able to do much of anything with having shingles. The pain just doesn't motivate me.

But before that.......yes there are things that I used to do that no way can I do now or can but just not as fast or easy/.

But instead of focusing on that I try to look at what I do do. Before shingles I did zumba regularly and I play to return once this eases up.......how ever long that takes. No one can tell....not even the doctor. One of those things........when it if finished wrecking havoc with my body and had enough, then it will leave.
so in the meantime......I try to make the most of every day. i do manage to keep up with the wash and my other daily chores......so I guess to be grateful for small favors. LOL

Love you picturs always Jez. Love the old country look.

Have a good day.

Oh and btw......the announce last night only 2 weeks till christmas......here I'm thinking I had a month or close to it........Dang......I still got stuff to order on line. So I did last night hoping it comes on time.
first year I ever ever did that
I was one of those that was done in August.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:14 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,085,104 times
I hear ya.

Hurt my shoulder a few months back and it still bothers me today.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:15 AM

9,727 posts, read 14,273,043 times
Jezer;32582271]Good morning peevers.
As we get 'more mature' I guess it's worth remembering that you shouldn't try things you did in the past. So maybe for today's peeve I'll have;

Not really a peeve for me, but a way of life on an every day basis. I'm more careful than I was, since I'm now 73. My work involves inspecting attics, crawl spaces, and measuring houses, inside and out. So, I always keep a 6' step ladder in my car for the attic inspections, in case the house has no drop down stairs. Crawl spaces are inspected for dampness and any obvious weak or rotted beams, so a head and shoulders inspection of that area is all I'm required to do. I've encountered snakes, bugs, toads and other unknowns many times. In snowy/rainy weather, I'm more careful measuring exteriors of houses. Just a few inches of snow covers gutter spouts and holes in the yard. A foot of snow easily covers a covered inground pool, so I check my paperwork to see if there is one on the property before I venture into the back yard. But the BIGGEST danger in my inspections is stepping in LAND MINES of dog poop in back yards. I've had to throw many pairs of work shoes away because of that, over the past 31 years. As a precaution, I require that all animals in a house are either caged, held by their owner, or gone if the homeowners are not present. Pets are natural protectors of their homes. Years ago, I was bit or clawed by dogs/cats a few times. No more Mrs. Nice Lady with a dog biscuit or cat treat in hand.

Everyone, be safe!

Last edited by rdlr; 12-12-2013 at 06:26 AM..

Old 12-12-2013, 06:20 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Mine is just saying no to just about everything lately.
Same here

Old 12-12-2013, 07:07 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

Ooh!

Not that you would notice any difference, but I am, because in the last ten minutes I've just had super fast fibre optic broadband installed.

Congratulations on the new broadband connection, Jezer. Keep in mind that you can a state of the art broadband connection, but the browsing speed will often depend on how fast the web hosts/servers are. That would be a peeve.. You spend a lot of money on state of the art computers, and the means to get a super fast broadband connection, but your browsing speed is dependent on how modern and/or fast the remote host is..

Old 12-12-2013, 07:11 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

Ooh!

As we get 'more mature' I guess it's worth remembering that you shouldn't try things you did in the past.

In the past I've lifted things that I wouldn't even try now.

I have even fit friends whose back is giving them problems for no apparent reason.

I was cutting tree branches earlier in the week and it was harder than I expected.

I guess that we should 'listen to our bodies'.

Hopefully mine sounds a bit better than this;

So maybe for today's peeve I'll have;

Listen to our bodies? I think I need a hearing aid.. I can't hear anything..

Old 12-12-2013, 07:44 AM

126,287 posts, read 19,066,107 times
Jezer how are you today? Any snow? Is it cold where you live?
Yes I learned the hard way. Many years ago I received quite a hits on my head when sparring in Martial Arts and I had a lot of problems throughout the years and this year I had to stop..doctors orders .''The need to be more careful in what we do to ourselves'',I see it more and more around me,my DH....we are not that young anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics