Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:13 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,910,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

And, Kate, when I see your posts they bring me a true smile and feeling of love for a friend that is always a warm welcome touch...often when I need it most.
So sweet Mr. Roosty. Me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 03:48 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,702,559 times
Because I love you...

You wanted to hear those 3 words..

I am here because I try to learn english.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:30 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,302,468 times
I am here because I like discussing a wide range of topics with a wide range of people. I guess I am a 'regular' in some ways because I have a very short attention span. While some people might be able to sit and wait for five minutes if they arrive at a meeting early, I have a compulsion to do something active such as participate in an internet discussion. In addition to CD, I am on around a dozen other forums ranging from science to motorcycles to gardening to firearms to home brewing.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:21 AM

13,650 posts, read 10,045,306 times
Mainly, to help.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 3 days ago)

52,708 posts, read 48,001,428 times
My experience simply began when I was looking on the web for new information about Interstate 44. Through a Google-search, I ended up on this website. It didn't take long for me to join it.

What's become the reason I'm here is just for me to have another outlet in which to interact with others, all the while just trying to contribute whatever I can to make this world a better place. That's really it.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:36 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,900,628 times
I was nearing retirement and looking for another location to move to when some kind C-D member suggested that I should check on this website. I never found the answers I was looking for however I liked what I saw here and the people that gather.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:42 PM

140 posts, read 255,547 times
Default Just Curious: What is Your Reason for Being on the City-Data forum?

I've been on this forum for about a month and it's interesting. Today something happened that kind of hit home. Some of my City-Data emails were going into my spam folder (not all, but some ) and I saw that someone had responded to something I posted on one of the threads, and that person pretty much told me I had no right to be on that thread and that I didn't know what I was talking about, etc. Personal attacks not permitted aside, it got me thinking about why people join a forum like this - and City-Data has a huge membership so the reasons must be varied and vast.

Some people will NOT be honest if they answer my question - and I think I pretty much have these people pegged - not personally, of course, but as online personalities.

So let me start by saying why I am here on City-Data: At this point in time in my life, I am mostly interested in relocation issues, unemployment, health insurance woes, the high cost of this or that. Three or four years ago, it would have been completely different - I was in the throes of an ugly and painful divorce, was still living in my home state, was working and had good health insurance.(It would seem that life was good then, but it wasn't. )

I am on City-Data to:
- extend the hand of cyber-acquaintanceship
- commiserate with my species over the injustices of life
- vent
- learn how other people handle similar situations in their lives
- hopefully find a little kinship
- hopefully give a little kinship
- relay my experiences

I am NOT on City-Data to:
- expound what I perceive are the only true facts or real beliefs
- insult others with whom I disagree with belittling remarks or comments that they do not belong on a particular thread
- answer questions of a technical nature about ANYTHING on which I am not an expert (through employment or education)
- make myself feel better by being disrespectful, unkind, or just plain rude when responding to another person's question

I am just curious what brings people to a forum like this. I know what brought ME here - but what about YOU?

Old 02-28-2014, 03:45 PM

781 posts, read 737,473 times
That came across as very smug and self-righteous. Do you feel better about yourself now that you've let us know how much more enlightened you are....?

Old 02-28-2014, 03:50 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,143,318 times
Why "pretty much" and not exactly?

Old 02-28-2014, 06:10 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times
My job is pretty much sitting her at my computer and answering the phone.

I like CD because it makes my job less boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics